Hotel that sleeps 6 (4 adult 2 kids - 9 and 12)

xcell

Planning a Dec cruise...

My parents fly in earlier around 5pm to Miami and then we arrive much later 10pm.

I was thinking of either getting 2 rooms (one for parents and one for us) or one larger room (2 double beds for us and the sofabed for the parents).

When I booked online - only allows for either 4 adults or 2 adults and 2 kids for one room with DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Miami Airport & Convention Center (for example).

Do you think they will make a fuss if I squish us all in one room????

They may not allow 6 in a room or if it is allowed you may be charged extra. You can call the hotel directly and ask.

Perhaps 2 rooms is a better idea. That way you also have 2 bathrooms. Six sharing one bathroom is a bit much.

Besides sofa beds are often uncomfortable.

plus my dad snores a lot so maybe two rooms are better...what was I thinking????

ANy one stay at this hotel before...what's the executive lounge like? Is it worth the extra cost???

Edited by xcell

You want to put your PARENTS on a sofa bed????

Get two rooms.

Six people trying to use one bathroom is ridiculous.

OP - I don't know how old your parents are we (in our early - mid 60s) haven't slept in a sofa bed (or anything smaller than a queen bed for that matter) in more than 10 years. It's hard enough to get up and moving out of our own bed :D; don't have them start off their cruise with back pain from sleeping (or more likely trying to sleep) in a sofa bed! If getting 2 rooms are a no go (but don't you really need 2 bathrooms?) then put your folks in the other bed and put the kids in the sofa bed - they bounce back fast! Get 2 rooms if you can swing it (the hotel may insist).

Edited by capriccio