Royal Afternoon Tea on the Regal

Kaibocan

Are you speaking of the one in the DR?

Cannot book any tea ahead of time (before boarding) that I know of.

I think they're asking about the Royal Afternoon Tea Experience at the Piazza's Tea Tower on Royal-class ships which as I recall is $10 or $20 with a glass of champagne.

It is only available to reserve on the ship.

image.jpg.18374ae405912cdffd77cc57fb90d7a8.jpg

Edited by Astro Flyer

Not before the cruise & I couldn't find any info in my Patters about the onboard booking procedure.

Hi,

You mentioned Patters in your post. Would you happen to have a Patter for the embarkation day for the Royal or Regal. I think they would be the same.

Thanks you.

You can book it when you get on board. Just go to the Internantional Cafe or Vines. They don't every day and All though they usually have a good turnout I've never seen it completely full so shouldn't be a problem. Enjoy!

You can book it when you get on board. Just go to the Internantional Cafe or Vines. They don't every day and All though they usually have a good turnout I've never seen it completely full so shouldn't be a problem. Enjoy!

Correction to above...they do it every day. Darn spell checker!

Thank you! I will check it out as soon as I board.

Is there an afternoon tea in one of the dining rooms on the Royal or has it been replaced by the 'tea experience'.

Sandy :)

The free daily afternoon tea is still available...3:30-4:30 in the Concerto dining room.

Edited by Astro Flyer

I have them for the Royal (Oct 2013 & 2014) and Regal (Apr 2015).

Thank you. Is there any way you could put the embarkations one for April on here or just tell me if there are any meeting scheduled for the sailing time.

If this is too much trouble, I appreciate what you have told me.

Thank you. Is there any way you could put the embarkations one for April on here or just tell me if there are any meeting scheduled for the sailing time.

If this is too much trouble, I appreciate what you have told me.

Regal April 2015 sailing 4:00 Ft Lauderdale

3:15 - Muster Drill

3:45 - Sailaway Kickoff; Fountain Pool

4:00 - Sailaway Celebration; Fountain Pool

4:30 - Friends of Dr. Bob & Bill W meeting; Wedding Chapel

5:00 - LGBT Get-Together; Outrigger Bar

I haven't learned how to add a large image to a thread & only a thumbnail size image which would be too small to read. If there is a specific event you want info on then I could look for it.

Many Cruise Critic roll calls set up informal sailaway gatherings which on Royal-class ships mine have been at either the Outrigger Bar or above the Seaview Bar.

Do the pastries and sandwiches served in the $10 royal tea event available in international cafe or HC? I was googling the pictures of the food served in the royal tea event and I think those scones and sandwiches seem a bit ordinary to me. Maybe they taste better than they look? If this is the case then I don't mind spending $10 for the experience.

Princess's free afternoon tea in MDR is just mediocre to me.

I love British afternoon tea. The best one I had so far was in Butchart Garden (Victoria, BC). Great view, great tea, great food but bad price.

I thought the $10 without Champagne or $20 with Champagne was for the upgraded teas offered and the attention to detail by the servers and the tea sommelier. Always thought the food was similar to that offered in the MDR/Horizon.

There have been posts that the paid afternoon tea in the atrium has higher quality food than the free MDR tea hour.

Regal April 2015 sailing 4:00 Ft Lauderdale

3:15 - Muster Drill

3:45 - Sailaway Kickoff; Fountain Pool

4:00 - Sailaway Celebration; Fountain Pool

4:30 - Friends of Dr. Bob & Bill W meeting; Wedding Chapel

5:00 - LGBT Get-Together; Outrigger Bar

I haven't learned how to add a large image to a thread & only a thumbnail size image which would be too small to read. If there is a specific event you want info on then I could look for it.

Many Cruise Critic roll calls set up informal sailaway gatherings which on Royal-class ships mine have been at either the Outrigger Bar or above the Seaview Bar.

Thank you for the info. That is very helpful and what I was looking for. I was wondering when the muster was as well as sailaway celebration.

So excited! Sailing for the first time on Princess (Regal) next Nov, and didn't realize they offered an Afternoon Tea. Love a traditional tea. Thanks for the info -- I will be booking it a couple of times on our cruise.

Having tea next month on the Queen Mary while visiting Long Beach for a convention -- I hear its not the best, but am pretty sure I will enjoy it anyway.

So excited! Sailing for the first time on Princess (Regal) next Nov, and didn't realize they offered an Afternoon Tea. Love a traditional tea. Thanks for the info -- I will be booking it a couple of times on our cruise.

Every Princess ship has an Afternoon tea every day except embarkation day in a dining room. No reservation is needed. No dress code other than cruise ship casual. There is no charge. It is usually held starting at 3:30 PM.

The Royal (and Regal) have an additional Royal (Regal) Afternoon Tea in the Piazza described as "Relax and enjoy a premium afternoon tea experience with fresh berries & cream, scones and other indulgent treats. $10 per person. $20 per person with Champagne." I do not know how often this is offered. Once on board, you can call for reservations.