What do yout only eat on a cruise.......

lahlah57

In New Jersey Vita brand herring products can be found in the Kosher refrigerated section in all of the large supermarkets. I just had the herring in cream sauce for lunch a couple of days ago.......great with a fresh from the garden Jersey tomato.

Now that we've been talking about the pickled herring in sour cream, I'll surely buy a jar next time I grocery shop. I rarely have it sure have a taste for it now. :)

Both are sort of actually British staples (although you can get Asian battered eggs too)

Deep fried eggs in sausage meat and bread crumbs are called 'Scotch eggs' and are sold in every snack and sandwich section of a supermarkets...great delicious picnic item. Carnival had them at the breakfast buffet along with Quiche. Us UK lot found this amusing.

article-1298382-0A8889B6000005DC-297_468x286.jpg

>SNIP<

I remember my mom making Scotch Eggs as a treat. She would serve them cold, sliced, with a bit of HP sauce.

Thanks for that wonderful memory :D

The one thing I eat only on a cruise is Creme Brulee. I can make it without any problem but DH cannot stand it. So if I made it at home, I'd have a multitude of servings that I'd have to eat by myself :eek: Tempting but a bad idea.

Please, no one tell me I can buy it at Costco -- I know that, I've tried it, and it isn't as good as what I make, or what is served on the ship.

I'm surprised that more people don't make Eggs Benedict at home. We have them from time to time for dinner :D

Husband says I should answer "anything I don't recognize." I'm not that bad but do like to try most everything.

Me to,I take a spoon full of a lot of different things just to try them. If I like it I go get more! If I don't i won't. My DS now eats snails, and my DD eats Sushi!:D:

Great thread!

For no good reason;

-Muesli. I like it and eat it on every cruise, but I never have it at home.

-Creme Brulee. We don't generally have desserts at home.

We always have a jar of pickled herring in the fridge. :D We're both of Scandinavian descent and grew up eating it as a snack.

I love a good English breakfast fry up! Fried bread, eggs, beans, grilled tomato, rasher bacon, blood sausage.