Luggage Tags

Corvette

How many days prior to your cruise can you request luggage tags?

They are usually downloadable with electronic cruise docs at 49 days before the cruise. However, some things can delay the docs/tags, such as having Choice Air on your booking.

If you are asking about mailed tags, you would have to be in a GS or better stateroom, or Pinnacle level C&A to have the option for free mailed tags, subject to the same time constraint mentioned above.

If you not eligible for free tags, you can pay $35 for paper documents, where luggage tags are part of the package.

Edited by clarea

The luggage tag tool. Makes it easier.

http://www3.zansstuff.com/luggage-tags

That ^^ is pretty cool. I just use a free image editing program that lets me take a screen shot. I enlarge the pdf a bit and then I can go in and insert my name right onto the tag (typing it). Then I copy it 4 or 5 times and print in color.

I actually don't staple anything. Rather, since my suitcases are hard, I just tape the rectangular portion on with packing tape onto 3 sides.

As an FYI, when your cruise documentation ("e-docs") are available to you, typically around some time as early as 49 days ahead of your cruise, you'll see an option to print your luggage tags on the online checkin page. That looks like this:

SetSail-Pass---Luggage-Tags~0.jpg

If you are in a Grand Suite or above or are a Pinnacle Club Crown & Anchor member, as Bob mentioned, you will see a screen like this that also includes an option to request luggage tags be mailed to you.

Luggage-Tags-With-Mailed-Option~0.png

As an FYI, when your cruise documentation ("e-docs") are available to you, typically around some time as early as 49 days ahead of your cruise, you'll see an option to print your luggage tags on the online checkin page. That looks like this:

SetSail-Pass---Luggage-Tags~0.jpg

If you are in a Grand Suite or above or are a Pinnacle Club Crown & Anchor member, as Bob mentioned, you will see a screen like this that also includes an option to request luggage tags be mailed to you.

Luggage-Tags-With-Mailed-Option~0.png

Unless like me have booked through a UK TA and the print option is not available. I contacted RCL and they told me I won't be able to view or print aything. All docs will come from the TA within 7 to 10 days of the cruise :(

It's our first cruise so this may sound stupid- we recieved luggage tags via email and printed them off. What exactly do we do with them?!

Should we buy little tag holders for our bags and slot them in?

Thanks

Not sure what you received, but the standard downloadable luggage tags have instructions on how to fold and staple them around your luggage handles.

You can also buy the tag holders. We find them very useful, especially in keeping the departure tags on our luggage.

Edited by clarea

We printed out cruise docs several days ago, but still can't get luggage tags. It makes no sense that you can't get them at the same time you finalize your boarding documents.:mad: I'm used to printing out everything at the same time.

Rachel, you are now within the 49 day mark. Try printing your luggage tags now.