Anything near port?

Eiansmomma

did you know you can look at Grand Cayman with Google Earth?

CaymanHardRock_zpsb906a0d2.jpg

The main tender landings (the one most used is the north one here) are right on the edge of the main downtown area .... plenty of shopping and dining begins right across the street.

Shopping is there...and I'm sure some restaurants....

The bus system is great....so don't feel you need to hang for hours near the ship.....plenty of things to do, as long as you set your watch to ship's time and leave yourself an hour to get back!

Shopping is there...and I'm sure some restaurants....

The bus system is great....so don't feel you need to hang for hours near the ship.....plenty of things to do, as long as you set your watch to ship's time and leave yourself an hour to get back!

we have a private 4-5 hour excursion planned. Then thought we would get a bite to eat and maybe do some shopping close to the ship. I'm glad to hear the bus system is great...I'll have to look into that further! Thanks!

did you know you can look at Grand Cayman with Google Earth?

That map doesn't tell me a whole lot. Just looks like a bunch of buildings...LOL...I was looking for more specifics...restaurants (chains or local restaurants?), duty free shopping?, souvenir shops?

That map doesn't tell me a whole lot. Just looks like a bunch of buildings...LOL...I was looking for more specifics...restaurants (chains or local restaurants?), duty free shopping?, souvenir shops?

restaurants (chains or local restaurants?) Yes. Plenty.

duty free shopping? Absolutely

souvenir shops? All over the place

"that map" was a teaser to get you to go look for yourself ....... :rolleyes:

but I'll bet I can satisfy YOU 100%

there is a Margaritaville VERY VERY close

Edited by Capt_BJ

"that map" was a teaser to get you to go look for yourself ....... :rolleyes:

but I'll bet I can satisfy YOU 100%

there is a Margaritaville VERY VERY close

Not interested in margaritaville. We don't like chain restaurants/bars. I have been looking myself but I enjoy and welcome the views and recommendations of others.

http://www.guyharveysgrill.com/

Our restaurant features a selection of popular West Indies and French entrees served in a comfortable setting overlooking George Town picturesque harbor. The decor is accented by an exclusive collection of artwork from renowned marine wildlife artist Guy Harvey, the atmosphere is as spectacular as the cuisine. Guy is a unique blend of artist, scientist, diver, angler, conservationist and explorer, fiercely devoted to his family and the sea.

Not interested in margaritaville. We don't like chain restaurants/bars. I have been looking myself but I enjoy and welcome the views and recommendations of others.

I found 3-4 interesting restaurants close to the tender drop off on Trip Advisor. I narrowed my search by entering "pub". Good luck