aft dance lounge on Infinity?Music danceable?

ddled

I have gone over the deck plans and a lot of reviews and I guess this question is for anyone that has been on Infinity and dances. Since the aft lounge seems to be gone in favor of more restaurants and cabins, what is the dance music like up stairs in the Constellation lounge? Is any of it ballroom, country, oldies or anything else danceable? This may be my last Celebrity cruise because we like to dance and the floors are going. Princess and Hal seem to have kept them even on the smaller ships. Have never been on a ship without an aft lounge and I wonder if we will ever get a floor to use with karaoke and all the other stuff going on. We are elite on X so I have sailed them a bit. :mad:

I have gone over the deck plans and a lot of reviews and I guess this question is for anyone that has been on Infinity and dances. Since the aft lounge seems to be gone in favor of more restaurants and cabins, what is the dance music like up stairs in the Constellation lounge? Is any of it ballroom, country, oldies or anything else danceable? This may be my last Celebrity cruise because we like to dance and the floors are going. Princess and Hal seem to have kept them even on the smaller ships. Have never been on a ship without an aft lounge and I wonder if we will ever get a floor to use with karaoke and all the other stuff going on. We are elite on X so I have sailed them a bit. :mad:

Not sure what you mean by an "AFT LOUNGE".....the M class ships

(which Infinity is) have a dance floor in the Rende Voux Lounge.

It is located just forward of the main dining room. They usually

have a trio or quartet in there both before and after dinner.

It is on deck 4 so not sure what deck plans you are looking at

but I agree with Westlake Girl....it has always been there.

Edited by Lois R

I think you may have been thinking of some other ship you have been on. AFAIK there never was a dance lounge in the aft area of any Celebrity ship. There has been no replacement of any lounge in the stern of the ship with additional staterooms or specialty restaurants.

The Rendeszvous Lounge used to have a second level, with a "hole" in the floor where you could look down onto the main level. When the ship was Solsticized, the hole was filled in and now the Lounge is on one level only, but its dance floor wasn't altered.

We are just off Infinity a week ago last Friday.

The Rockaholics were the 'party band'. My DH and I dance (swing, disco, rock and 'roll, cha cha, fox trot) - we love it. But in the Rendezvous Lounge before and after dinner, the music was very low key- more easy listening than get up and shake your tail feathers. We did not sit and listen/drink for long and moved on. So whether they picked up the tempo, we didn't stay to find out. Good news, the dance floor was never crowded!

We have been on 27 Celebrity cruises and this had to be one of the most oh-hum bands we have ever heard. We love the male/ female groups that mix it up with everything from Elvis to current.

DJ Constantine in the Constellation Lounge on Deck 11 had the tunes.

I guess I assumed that the M ships were like Century. Before they sold her we sailed her a lot and also Radiance class for Royal. Radiance had a dance lounge in the back, have replaced it with restaurants according to the deck plans. Good to hear the dance floor was mostly empty, which of course is the reason dance floors do not make enough money for the line Mixed blessing. Always heard about the M class, guess I will see how I like the Constellation Lounge.Floor looks like some stone or similar material-not always the best surface. Have always used Rendevouz Lounge too. We have another couple that dances with us this trip, hope to hear more about the type of music they are playing on Infinity now. Ran into some really good music last fall on Navigator-just about killed us! Thanks for the comments, hope to hear more.:)

On our recent cruise, a group called the Dancemates played in Rendezvous lounge infrequently. It seems their piano/keyboard player has not arrived yet from the Philippines. Only when the Celebrity Band's keyboard member filled in did they play wonderful dance tunes.

On other nights a piano player/vocalist, guitar vocalist and the O&O duo performed.

The Rendezvous is our number one lounge when the dance band performs.

The Rendezvous lounge on M-class is the reason why we prefer the older ships to the newer S-class.