Promenade Stateroom: Noise?

cruisexlife

Cramped is relative. We did a cabin crawl, showing our promenade cabin and seeing, among others, an inside with virtual balcony on Navigator. While the virtual feature is cute, that cabin was much smaller than our promenade cabin. We'd have felt cramped in the inside, but were happy with promenade cabin. I spent a fair bit of time on the window seat, people watching and chatting with husband on nearby couch. So the seat was big enough for me, though a larger person might not like it. For an upcoming cruise, we are taking a promenade cabin, though a OV on a low deck is very close in price.

Absolutely, what I found to be cramped was the passage around the bed to get to desk/vanity. Inside cabins have beds on far side of room making them feel more open

Our experience on Voyager class ships has been even though having the bed sideways across the PR cabin makes it tight to pass by the end of the bed the cabin itself feels like it is a lot roomier than the 10 extra sq.ft., 150 vs 160, larger it is suppose to be.

First two shots are of deck 6 PR on Adventure. Third shot is deck 10 Cat.K inside.

attachment.php?attachmentid=362530&d=1442246235

attachment.php?attachmentid=362531&d=1442246235

attachment.php?attachmentid=362532&d=1442246235

DSC00114b.jpg.08bcf9ffd3f5829fbe1955ff76621cf3.jpg

DSC00116b.jpg.9f25834458fa27fd396e98e585ccaf17.jpg

CIMG2154.jpg.c7a44a0178539fd3ae5b92d07207eada.jpg

Edited by robtulipe

We recently booked our first promenade room (after all balcony's previously). It's the front 5 nights of a B2B (followed by 9 night balcony room) on Navigator:).

From what I can see of reviews on CC, it seems maybe 10-20% complain about noise in promenade rooms and the rest say it's not a problem. We're on Deck 8 so not worried about it at all.

I think the potential noise is largely dependant on where your promenade cabin is located. I can see it being noisy if you are on deck 6 and directly above the pub.

I'm hopeful that my cabin (6331) will be more on the quiet side as it is above guest relations....so unless there is an irate passenger, I should be ok?! :eek::D

Our experience on Voyager class ships has been even though having the bed sideways across the PR cabin makes it tight to pass by the end of the bed the cabin itself feels like it is a lot roomier than the 10 extra sq.ft., 150 vs 160, larger it is suppose to be.

First two shots are of deck 6 PR on Adventure. Third shot is deck 10 Cat.K inside.

attachment.php?attachmentid=362530&d=1442246235

attachment.php?attachmentid=362531&d=1442246235

attachment.php?attachmentid=362532&d=1442246235

I guess my perspective comes from getting ready for the evening. When someone ;) is putting on makeup I feel it blocks access to the rest of the cabin and you are trapped unless you crawl over the bed. :eek:

I guess my perspective comes from getting ready for the evening. When someone ;) is putting on makeup I feel it blocks access to the rest of the cabin and you are trapped unless you crawl over the bed. :eek:

Well then, John, maybe you should simplify your makeup routine so as to not inconvenience your cabinmate;):);).

Kidding aside, though PRs are a bit larger, inside and promenade cabins are both small cabins. Different people live differently and thus may be drawn to different cabin layouts. Since DH and I spend more time seated in the couch/ window seat area than seated at the vanity, the PR layout is better for us.

I did not know that the Ben and Jerry sweet was noisy. What noise is it ... Compressors for freezers or such?

I think the potential noise is largely dependant on where your promenade cabin is located. I can see it being noisy if you are on deck 6 and directly above the pub.

I'm hopeful that my cabin (6331) will be more on the quiet side as it is above guest relations....so unless there is an irate passenger, I should be ok?! :eek::D

I have not stayed there, but I imagine it is a very quiet area. Not sure you will have much of a view of parades and such from your cabin, but so you may have leave your cabin to enjoy those....just like the people in suites and balcony cabins. Have a great cruise.

Well then, John, maybe you should simplify your makeup routine so as to not inconvenience your cabinmate;):);).

Kidding aside, though PRs are a bit larger, inside and promenade cabins are both small cabins. Different people live differently and thus may be drawn to different cabin layouts. Since DH and I spend more time seated in the couch/ window seat area than seated at the vanity, the PR layout is better for us.

I did not know that the Ben and Jerry sweet was noisy. What noise is it ... Compressors for freezers or such?

Banging crew door inside Ben & Jerry shop. They can fix it by adjusting the tension on the closer, but it seems to loosen up eventually.

Hello,

Just did a mock booking and found a pretty good deal on Independence for a Promenade Stateroom. I see that the window faces the interior promenade. I think this will be something cool to try, especially since if I book, it'll be my first ship with an interior promenade. I was wondering, is it noisy? I know they do parades and seminars down it and when I go to turn in for the night I'm really going to want to sleep. It'll be between 11PM-12AM if the times mean anything. Also, do the windows open in case I want to watch a show and stick my head out? Is there a ledge to sit on or do you have to stand? If you have pictures, could you please include them?

Thanks so much for the info! :D

We LOVED our promenade room on Freedom. Didn't hear a thing. Two year old daughter slept with out problem. We were on deck 6 (right above the promenade on the Freedom) and didn't hear any noise other than the one parade - and that was over before we were ready for bed. There is a ledge and my daughter loved i - she pushed the sofa up to the ledge and slept right next to the window.

Instead of sailing in an interior room I prefer promenade and I like it because of the extra light you get from the promenade unless you close the curtains. Noise is not really and issue for me unless they are doing a big loud party at the promenade. If you get to be awake after 3am all the promenade lights will be on and it might bother you if the curtains are open or semi but it didn't bother me at all

Our 22 & 26 year old sons booked a Promanade room on the Navigator in June and they said they found it noisy and that they couldn't really get it dark at night. I loved the window seat, and felt like it was not horribly cramped at all. I loved the view...they didn't. I will say we all booked for next summer and they decided to pay for a balcony this time, like we do.

I have a promenade cabin above guest relations - is it safe to assume that is a quiet area? Please say yes!

The problem is, you're not likely to see much going on below you. We had a promenade cabin, deck 7, above and across from Guest Relations and it is outside the area where all the activity is. We also had a large cup hanging in front of our window. Not a good view at all. I would never book that cabin again.

I had a promenade cabin on the Voyager (right over the pub on deck 8). It was intriguing ... an inside with an interesting view. Noise from the Promenade itself was not an issue, but I could always hear lots of door slammings and toilet flushings. Not sure if that is common with insides, because all my other inside experiences were years earlier and I just don't remember noticing it.

Btw I prefer deck 8, deck 6 is out of the question, people will look into your cabin a lot as they walk by the promenade. Deck 7 is better but you have the people on deck 8 looking at you from the top. I prefer deck 8, no one above you and the window is not flat as in deck 6-7 instead is semi round with more opportunities to look down

The problem is, you're not likely to see much going on below you. We had a promenade cabin, deck 7, above and across from Guest Relations and it is outside the area where all the activity is. We also had a large cup hanging in front of our window. Not a good view at all. I would never book that cabin again.

Thanks for the info. There is definitely no cup in front of the window (found a good video of these cabins on YouTube). My only concern was noise. I won't be in the cabin for parades etc, I'll be down where the action is, so a view doesn't really matter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have stayed a number of times in promenade rooms. Choose Deck 7. We are fine in a Promenade.

We actually chose deck 6, in the location above guest relations and the proximity to the stairs as being a definite plus. One flight down to cafe Promenade for coffee and snacks [emoji3]

Booked a Promenade twice. Minus the parade/party they do on the boat one night, you wont hear a thing. Frankly, its quieter than a balcony room I think. that glass is super thick. fun to wake up and people watch the morning crowd over the cafe :)

Hello,

Just did a mock booking and found a pretty good deal on Independence for a Promenade Stateroom. I see that the window faces the interior promenade. I think this will be something cool to try, especially since if I book, it'll be my first ship with an interior promenade. I was wondering, is it noisy? I know they do parades and seminars down it and when I go to turn in for the night I'm really going to want to sleep. It'll be between 11PM-12AM if the times mean anything. Also, do the windows open in case I want to watch a show and stick my head out? Is there a ledge to sit on or do you have to stand? If you have pictures, could you please include them?

Thanks so much for the info! :D

We book promenade rooms whenever they are available. Our favorite that we try to get each time is #6309 overlooking the Café Promenade. The only thing to be careful of is WHERE you get. Anything over bars can be noisy but not certain of the time they stop music. As mentioned, the windows do NOT open. Occasionally there will be something going on in the Royal Promenade until maybe 11 or so but if they say they stop at 11.....they do. Will always get this type room when possible.

I have stayed in Promenade cabin 4 different times , have NEVER had a problem with noise....I try too stay on Deck 7 towards the middle of the Promenade, stayed o Deck 8 once and didn't like it as we'll, never stayed on Deck 6?though, thought it was too close to the action