final bill

bleacher

I know the horse is out of the barn, but if I woke up the last morning and there wasn't a bill present, I would have gone by the front desk ASAP. Unless there was some other way to see your bill, like online, etc. Other cruise lines have various options, and it sounds like Koningsdam might have an option.

Edited by CruiserBruce

I know the horse is out of the barn, but if I woke up the last morning and there wasn't a bill present, I would have gone by the front desk ASAP. Unless there was some other way to see your bill, like online, etc. Other cruise lines have various options, and it sounds like Koningsdam might have an option.

I agree. The only reason for a person to walk off the ship without a bill is because they want to :rolleyes:

Along the same lines, how "final" is the final bill? We had some obc left but we also knew we had drunk a water in the room and didn't know when that charge would be added? Also, didn't know if they charged gratuities or partial for that final morning? When would they add for library books not returned, etc.? Just wondering when the final bill is actually finalized?

Along the same lines, how "final" is the final bill? We had some obc left but we also knew we had drunk a water in the room and didn't know when that charge would be added? Also, didn't know if they charged gratuities or partial for that final morning? When would they add for library books not returned, etc.? Just wondering when the final bill is actually finalized?

the final bill you get is closed off late at night I believe. It's the one that you leave the ship with. All the gratuities are billed as well as any refunded OBC returned (or beverage cards with a balance). If your mini bar has not been calculated yet or if you took a drink out of it after the bill, it gets added to the bill after and you will see the higher amount charged to your credit card.

Not to hijack the thread, but I was reminded of my final bill on Amsterdam last year. I'd been keeping close track of spending vs. OBC so had a pretty good idea that we'd owe ~$100.

The final bill came in the envelope addressed to us ... I opened it ... and the final tally was $1856. I about had a cow!

Seems they'd put our next door neighbor's bill in our envelope as well (and they'd bought a piece of artwork at the auction).

So don't just look at the total; check the passenger name/cabin # as well :)

Also, didn't know if they charged gratuities or partial for that final morning?
You pay the HSC each night on board. You pay for your embarkation day, and the next person in your cabin pays for their embarkation day, which is your debarkation day.