New DSC Removal Form

Wendy&Grumpy

I just read a Cruise Critic post on FB and it said that there was a thread on the topic. I don't see it either.

Didn't we all know that this was coming though? Personally, I would never remove it. It is what pays the folks in the bowels of the ship who serve you like the waste disposal workers, laundry workers, cooks, etc.

So, no "discretionary" service charge. Will they call it the "Mandatory Service Charge" now? They are just making it harder to remove is all so probably no name change. Too bad this had to be done because of some cruisers will do anything to save a buck.

What do you mean abuse of the policy? What do you mean negative consequences? Did you mean to reply to a different topic :confused:

He means abuse as in removing just to save money versus having an actual problem with services. And I believe by negative consequences he is referring to people who always remove it no matter what.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There will be individuals who will attempt to use this policy to cheat the onboard staff of their tips after the fact.

The OP only asked to see the form. It's on the NCL Facebook page for anyone that wants to see it.

Nothing has actually changed with regards to the policy on DSC as far as I can tell from the cruise critic news story.

He means abuse as in removing just to save money versus having an actual problem with services. And I believe by negative consequences he is referring to people who always remove it no matter what.

You can remove them for any reason you want, even for the reason "it is allowed as per the contract"

Why would you need to see the form before even experiencing poor service? Or do you just want to be prepared to file it as soon as you get home no matter what?

Wow. If you had read the thread, you would have seen why. (Hint: it's in the post after #6 and before #8 ;) )

We're just back from the Getaway last week, with UBP, UDP, prepaid DSC, tipped our room steward Adeline extra as she was wonderful, and we're looking forward to sailing NCL again next year. :)

But you go ahead and hurl insinuations if it makes you feel better! ;)

These posts just never go away. People being so obsessed on the whole DCS concept. For all the folks on here boasting about all there Platinum status in every post and talking about the suite life in the haven with butlers why are they so cheap and wanting to take off the DSC. I wont do this ever but I think the whole concept of DSC is stupid. How can the cruise industry treat workers that are on the ship working hard for 6 months or more like a applebees employee that depends on tips to survive. They should pay them better and stop acting like its a incentive program. No company uses customers money directly and call it a incentive program. That makes me think they take part of there tips away if there late for a meeting or something stupid like that.

There is a sticky note (click below):

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2259498

The official page. It's the only NCL page on Facebook that I view. It was posted by a member, not by NCL themselves.

The form isn't in the sticky and I'm not finding it on the NCL FB page under Visitor Posts... am I looking in the wrong place?

There will be individuals who will attempt to use this policy to cheat the onboard staff of their tips after the fact.

DSC is not tips. NCL makes that perfectly clear. And if it's not clear enough for some, this new policy should help to make it even more clear.

Personally, I think they should just do away with ANY set form or process for having it removed!

You can remove them for any reason you want, even for the reason "it is allowed as per the contract"

And that there was the point of MrsPhoenix91's post. As there are people who remove it based on no reason whatsoever this why NCL is changing their policy on how it is removed.

Why would you need to see the form before even experiencing poor service? Or do you just want to be prepared to file it as soon as you get home no matter what?

Does it really matter why they want to see the form, or if they want to be prepared to file it as soon as they get home? Isn't that their choice?:confused: