Paying for Children in Speciality Restaurants

Hello,

I was told that the cost for children under 12 dining in a speciality restaurant is $8.00. Can you pre-book children in the restaurants? We will be sailing on the Allure in December and want to pre-book for our family. I would prefer not to pay in advance for the kids at the adult rate, and then be reimbursed. Any recent experience?

Edited by Cruise a holic

Hello,

I was told that the cost for children under 12 dining in a speciality restaurant is $8.00. Can you pre-book children in the restaurants? We will be sailing on the Allure in December and want to pre-book for our family. I would prefer not to pay in advance for the kids at the adult rate, and then be reimbursed. Any recent experience?

If you book on line in advance you are charged the adult price. The difference will be refunded in OBC once you dine on the ship.

EXTRA-SPECIAL DINING OPTIONS

Reserve a night at a specialty restaurant for an intimate fine dining experience – or one packed with colorful personality. There's a range of cuisines and atmospheres for every taste. Pay one cover charge and order anything you'd like off the menu, or sample from a la carte menus at select venues. See which dining venues are on your ship.

Already booked your cruise? We recommend that you reserve specialty dining in advance with Cruise Planner. Get up to 30% onboard credit to spend any way you like with our dining package. Plus, kids ages 6-12 now dine at our specialty restaurants for only $8*, and kids 5 and under eat free! Little sailors get their very own menu – a round-up of kid-friendly favorites from the "grownups" menu.

*Reserve before you sail, and prices will be adjusted for kids once you are aboard, and reflected in your final account statemen

Edited by Ourusualbeach

• 1 month later...
I called and reserved for 4 adults and 3 kids under 12. I was advised that iI would get my money back after the dinner. However the rep told me that the children must eat from the children's menu

That's exactly what Ourusualbeach posted. Kids pay a special rate or nothing but must eat from the kids menu just like most restaurants.

That's exactly what Ourusualbeach posted. Kids pay a special rate or nothing but must eat from the kids menu just like most restaurants.[/QUOTNot exactly

Based on the reps response seems like kids menu is the same regardless of venue as it was explained to me. Not a modified adult menu. My grandkids will not he satisfied if the menu is typically kids menu fare. Like chicken fingers or mac and cheese. I expect that they would want "adult" menu fare. On vacation if we are eating special food should'nt they? Especially if we pay $8 for them. I would also like to see kids menu for each specialty restaurant. I know that sometimes reps are not correct. Will find out facts on board

I never knew that there were children pricing for the pay specialty restaurants on RCI.

I guess I never inquired, but also never recalled it being advertised that the prices were nominal for kids.

Thanks for the post.

Safe travels.

That's exactly what Ourusualbeach posted. Kids pay a special rate or nothing but must eat from the kids menu just like most restaurants.[/QUOTNot exactly

Based on the reps response seems like kids menu is the same regardless of venue as it was explained to me. Not a modified adult menu. My grandkids will not he satisfied if the menu is typically kids menu fare. Like chicken fingers or mac and cheese. I expect that they would want "adult" menu fare. On vacation if we are eating special food should'nt they? Especially if we pay $8 for them. I would also like to see kids menu for each specialty restaurant. I know that sometimes reps are not correct. Will find out facts on board

There are 2 different kids menus,

The one that is the same at all venues is for kids 5 and under and free

The second menu is the $8 menu that is a modified version of the adult menu that is $8 for kids 12 and under.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

I never knew that there were children pricing for the pay specialty restaurants on RCI.

I guess I never inquired, but also never recalled it being advertised that the prices were nominal for kids.

Thanks for the post.

Safe travels.

The kids pricing is mentioned at the bottom of this document:

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/en_US/pdf/dining_discount_packages.pdf