Am I wrong or does or seem cruise prices are higher?

dogchopper

I have 2 cruises booked, one in December and one in January. I booked them both with early saver. So far I've only seen HUGE price increases, not decreases. Both of the cruises are off peak times and I really thought they would go down but so far I'm very wrong .

I just assumed (and we all know that's never a good idea:rolleyes:) that we gas prices so low that the prices would go down some.

I will enjoy my cruises either way but I was really wanting to get some OBC

I have been waiting to book 3 cabins on the Fascination for January 16th and over the last few months the price for oceanview has gone up $50 per person and no OBC. Since the same room numbers I am looking at seem to still be available over the last few months I am not sure why the prices have increased. Doesn't look like it's really "selling out". We are not in a rush to book and flexible on the rooms we end up with but just waiting for a deal. Even the recent sales have not included this cruise - probably because it's a holiday week.

I totally agree, a cruise I took it on NCL getaway last year, I had 2 balcony cabins, 2 people each for about 800/pp plus got free, unlimited specialty dining over Easter week. Now, same cruise, before taxes, is 1250/ pp and no free upgrades dining

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes i have noticed that on my cruise on the pride 10/18/15. the price is $570 higher(for 2 people) then what i paid for my interior room 6 months ago.

i checked the rates 2 weeks ago. and between then and now they have gone up $310 in that short span.

I paid a little more than I wanted to for our Thanksgiving cruise thinking we would have some price reductions. There are just as many cabins left and the price has gone up $400 per person. I wanted to do this cruise last year but picked the Celebrity Reflection because it was a lot less and had a free drink package. I keep checking and am still hopeful that the price will come down. Mama needs some OBC. :D

The price of our cruises have gone up. Our first cruise, all balconies and suites are sold out. I blame this on the fact that it wasn't selling and they gave away a lot of free cruises on that sailing.

Really stinks to hear someone say, I am sailing on this cruise for free when I booked ES, paid full price and now can't get a price drop due to Carnival giving away free cruises to fill the ship. Really puts a negative towards Carnival for me.:mad:

Considering that we are paying A THIRD of what we paid for our 1994 Tropicale cruise for our 2016 Valor Cruise, I'm thinking that prices are still dirt cheap even with recent price increases! With that said, we locked in our May 2016 cruise at a ridiculously low rate. Nothing for that week on other cruise lines is even close to what we are paying for this cruise. So far, cruise prices are about $80pp more than when we booked and my specific category is sold out. We'll see what happens between now and final payment!

Edited by Tapi

I have stuck with Carnival over the years because it has always worked out to be the best price for me, as well as I was satisfied with the product, but price is still bottom line for me, and it looks like my next cruise after October will be NCL Getaway. I am open to trying something new if the price is equal or lower. But yes, I have noticed that the prices are much higher than they have been.

I have stuck with Carnival over the years because it has always worked out to be the best price for me, as well as I was satisfied with the product, but price is still bottom line for me, and it looks like my next cruise after October will be NCL Getaway. I am open to trying something new if the price is equal or lower. But yes, I have noticed that the prices are much higher than they have been.

I too have stuck mainly with Carnival, have tried a few others but the value has always been with carnival. I have yet to try NCL but if I do get a good deal I'll. have to give it a try

Edited by dogchopper

I too have stuck mainly with Carnival, have tried a few others but the value has always been with carnival. I have yet to try NCL but if I do get a good deal I'll. have to give it a try

I cruise solo now, so those studio cabins for one, are a good deal for me. Bye the way; the dog in your avatar looks like mine:) Cute!

Just booked an 8B (large aft-wrap balcony) on the Breeze for Jan. 2017 at $1740 total for two people including port fees, taxes and gratuities; which I think is a pretty good deal... but I'm going to be keeping my eyes peeled for any price drops! (This was an Early Saver rate, 7-day western Caribbean sailing).

I was thinking the same thing - while cruising is still the best bang for the buck for me, I don't see many cheap last-minute deals. My January cruise was the cheapest so far, but it was booked in fall of last year. I've been really surprised that the pricing hasn't dropped more on my September cruise. We had a few price drops in the spring, then the prices just kept going up.

We find that cruising is still so much cheaper than most land-based vacations that it's too good of a deal to pass up even if today's cruise prices are higher than before. Until and unless cruising becomes as expensive as land-based trips I think we'll remain cruise-first people, which I never thought I'd say after the disappointment of our first cruise.

Good grief, I've been cruising for 30 years, and to hear people complain about today's cruise prices is comical.

I have old Carnival brochures that list an inside cabin on the FESTIVALE for $1394.00 per person, plus port taxes, for a 7nt cruise. I paid less than half of that for two for a balcony on the PRIDE just this past May.

And people whine about cutbacks.

I do agree that cruising is still cheaper than most other vacations... But it is odd that they are going up instead of down!

I was really hoping my Dec 12th cruise would of doe cuz I've bee trying to make it a kind of family reunion cruise.. But since I had that brilliant idea and my husband and I booked it the price has jumped up about 100pp.. So I don't see a lot of family members waning to go at that price sadly.

Good grief, I've been cruising for 30 years, and to hear people complain about today's cruise prices is comical.

I have old Carnival brochures that list an inside cabin on the FESTIVALE for $1394.00 per person, plus port taxes, for a 7nt cruise. I paid less than half of that for two for a balcony on the PRIDE just this past May.

And people whine about cutbacks.

So, less than $350 a person for a balcony room on a 7-nighter? Any secrets you want to share with us on how to achieve this?? :D