Cruise Travel magazine?

etoile

Does anybody subscribe to Cruise Travel magazine? I'm thinking of getting it but it's expensive - $20/yr which is $3.30/issue according to Amazon.com. Is it worth it? I love magazines for both the content and the ads, but I just figured I'd check and see if anybody gets this one.

Are there other magazines about recreational cruising? Not Cruising World, that's about sailing! :D

Sometimes icruise.com offers that magazine for free. I get it for free and it does have a lot of good articles. I dont know if I would pay 20 bucks for it. Free is for me. Keep checking Icruise web site for free offers.

When I subscribed originally, I paid under $20 for 2 years. I also ordered a 2 year subscription for my mother as a gift. I ordered from an internet magazine website. Well, they messed it up; my mother never got hers and mine was recorded as 4 years. When I contacted them, they said I could keep the 4 years and they sent my mother her 2 years. So, I got 4 years for under $20.00.

As for other magazines, I also get Porthole. It is a "glossy" magazine with high end jewelry adds in addition to the articles. That, too is kind of pricy, but, if you shop around the INternet, you can get it for less than the mag sells directly. They have a website, you can check that out for a peek.

We subscribed to both CRUISE TRAVEL and PORTHOLE for awhile. We decided that we liked CRUISE TRAVEL far better as it had more pertinent articles about specific ships, cruise lines, ports-of-call, etc. so we dropped our subscription to PORTHOLE. We found that PORTHOLE magazine articles weren't geared "only" to cruise ships/ports/etc. They had articles about a good book to read while on a cruise (books that had nothing to do with ships), etc.

In my humble opinion CRUISE TRAVEL is the best!

Debjo

Thanks for the tip, johnql - I found it after much fighting with the search mechanism! It's $11/yr from them (they say list price is $14/yr) and I'm a bit nervous as their website is a bit clunky - not sure I want to give them my CC number. Amazon still charges $20/yr though, so clearly I should not get it through them!

Thanks to everyone who responded, I will definitely be going for Cruise Travel! And like Margienj, I want that cruise feeling all year long! ;)

Yep, that was the one mentioned in an older thread. Apparently it was $5.95 at the time! Guess that's inflation for you.

Hey, do any of you subscribers ever see special offers in the magazine? Like something "special for readers of Cruise Travel magazine?" That would be cool. :)

Free Cruise Magazine! Recommend this FREE CruiseMates Newsletter to a friend & you both receive a Complimentary 1-year Subscription to Cruise Travel Magazine!

A $29.95 Value! - No credit card needed. More Information

http://www.cruisemates.com..can you get to this?

Then go over to the last subtitle: About Us. The 'search' is second after 'help' type in mag. The above is about half way down page.

If you still can't get it, e-mail me and I'll copy and paste the info you will need.

j.mc@3dnorth.com

Free Cruise Magazine! Recommend this FREE CruiseMates Newsletter to a friend & you both receive a Complimentary 1-year Subscription to Cruise Travel Magazine!

A $29.95 Value! - No credit card needed. More Information

http://www.cruisemates.com..can you get to this?

Then go over to the last subtitle: About Us. The 'search' is second after 'help' type in mag. The above is about half way down page.

If you still can't get it, e-mail me and I'll copy and paste the info you will need.

j.mc@3dnorth.com

edited to add:

After you get to mag. page:

click on first article...scroll down until you find above ad.

Somehow, I managed to end up with a free subscription to it as well. It's a fun read, but very thin. I would not pay $20 for a subscription.

You may be able to get a free subscription through this site (I've received a number of free magazine subscriptions through them, so I can vouch for their authenticity)

http://www.freebizmag.com/cruisetravelad03welcome.htm

Porthole is highly subsidized (if not owned) by Carnival.

According to their web site, Porthole is published by a company called PPI Group. There is no mention of any connection to Carnival. What makes you think it's "highly subsidized" or owned by Carnival? Just curious.

For the record, I used to subscribe to Porthole (in addition to Cruise Travel), but I let the subscription lapse mainly because Porthole is filled with more glitzy ads than substantive content. It's not a bad magazine, but I find Cruise Travel more informative.

According to their web site, Porthole is published by a company called PPI Group. There is no mention of any connection to Carnival. What makes you think it's "highly subsidized" or owned by Carnival? Just curious.

For the record, I used to subscribe to Porthole (in addition to Cruise Travel), but I let the subscription lapse mainly because Porthole is filled with more glitzy ads than substantive content. It's not a bad magazine, but I find Cruise Travel more informative.

When the magazine was first announced, I received an email offering a free subscription and the "relationship" with Carnival was discussed, but I can no longer remember exactly what it said. I agree that is mostly fluff and was very disappointed in the content. After a few issues, I stopped bothering.

You may be able to get a free subscription through this site (I've received a number of free magazine subscriptions through them, so I can vouch for their authenticity)

http://www.freebizmag.com/cruisetravelad03welcome.htm

Thanks for the tip, Dani24. I went to the site and filled out a whole bunch of boxes --- mostly checking off that I'm not interested in receiving further information from advertisers. I had to leave my email address. Hope I don't get spammed to death. This might be the cost of a "free" subscription. We'll see if they accept me.

Archived