How full is Oasis

I see on here people saying they know they will be sailing on a sold out cruise. How can you tell how full your ship is? Is there a site to look this up?

I know of no public site with booking info available. But just to reinforce Bob's comment, I have never heard anyone quote a ships officer as saying they were sailing much below capacity in recent years ( for any typical itinerary).

BobJ

Other than some unusual itineraries, like around the horn, I would expect most typical 7 day Caribbean itineraries to sail very close to full.

You know, I would have to agree. I was talking to my husband about this just today and he said "don't MOST cruises sail to capacity or close to?"

... But number of cabins sold vs. capacity can be different. Guess its about semantics/definitions.

Royal defines 100% capacity (for the purposes of their financial reporting) as two guests multiplied by the number of staterooms.

I know of no public site with booking info available. But just to reinforce Bob's comment, I have never heard anyone quote a ships officer as saying they were sailing much below capacity in recent years ( for any typical itinerary).

BobJ

There is a slight variation on what is capacity, the only way I know to gauge it is by talking to people booking the month prior. There are certain cabins with pull down beds that the cruise line saves for families of 3 or 4. When you see a report of someone with 2 in their cabin getting one of these, its a sign that it might be a little less full. I've read a few reports of people getting the bridge tour and then reporting back how many people on board and it can vary by a couple hundred.

• 3 weeks later...

We will be on the Dec 26th/15 cruise on Oasis. It will be full. I booked a couple of days ago, and there were only 3 D1's available. I got one of them.

I just went on the site to see if the price came down. There are no D1's or any balconies that will hold more than 2 cruiser available, acording to the website. 6000 people all in one place. It will be crowded.

When we sailed on Liberty a few years back, it was the first cruise since coming over from Europe. That ship was definitely not sailing at 100% full. It was a November 5NT sailing, and the dining room was almost always just half full. in fact the only time we had any sort of line for anything was the tender to Belize where it seemed everyone was trying to get off the ship early, and we sat for over 2 hours waiting in a hallway.

But not to get off topic, I personally felt the least cramped on the Oasis class. Lots of places to explore, and so many things happening at once, so you don't usually feel like your in a herd of cattle.

We will be on the Dec 26th/15 cruise on Oasis. It will be full. I booked a couple of days ago, and there were only 3 D1's available. I got one of them.

I just went on the site to see if the price came down. There are no D1's or any balconies that will hold more than 2 cruiser available, acording to the website. 6000 people all in one place. It will be crowded.

Even at capacity, Oasis won't feel crowded. 6000 people will be spread out around a huge ship.

There is more than one way to measure capacity - one mentioned correctly by clarea for RCI financial reporting purposes and another more quantitative and official which is that governed by lifeboat capacity. That is the one measure that will limit the total number of passengers and stateroom occupancy.

The mix of beds in staterooms to allow multiple passenger occupancy combinations is always greater than the actual number of passengers that can be booked based on lifeboat capacity. This allows more flexibility for booking options. But a ship is "full" when lifeboat capacity is reached, regardless of available beds in any stateroom.

Edited by leaveitallbehind