Infinity Drydock in October

wendyatpml

I have been hearing that the Infinity will be in drydock in October. We are booked on this ship for the Oct. 29th cruise. Do you know what exact dates it will be out of service. I am hoping that it will definitely back before our cruise.

Also if anyone knows, will the cabins be updated? I have heard that some of the specialty restaurants will change.

Infinity had her "solsticeization" I think in 2012. Here's a good read about what was done then. Cabins were added at that point.

http://celebritycruises.tumblr.com/post/13169700710

Here's a thread (maybe you have seen it) discussing that it appears SS United States is becoming Tuscan Grill and Bistro is becoming s sushi restaurant.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2257218

I've also read here that X wants all ships outfitted with the new ZOOM! internet RCL has on its big ships by mid Feb. Wonder if they will make this change as well.

I'm disappointed about Bistro on 5 becoming a Sushi place :(

I really wanted to try Bistro on 5, heard it was great.

Bistro on 5 was good, but on the two X cruises I've been on, it always seemed to be mostly empty. I imagine X wants to try something different to utilize the space better.

What is or will be located in the upper area which was the Conservatory ....where Tuscan is located on Connie.?

We enjoy Tuscan and will miss the SS US but would only visit each of those once per cruise..

Losing Bistro to sushi is worse...not everyone does sushi! Wonder how much they'll charge? Seems the fish place replacing Porch on S class is $25 ppm

Glad we will be in BLU....and we'll have to find a new lunch place with Bistro gone....

Do you know when new shows will start on Infnity.? Hope we get a good one for Oct 2016, ABC island cruise,

What is or will be located in the upper area which was the Conservatory ....where Tuscan is located on Connie.?

We enjoy Tuscan and will miss the SS US but would only visit each of those once per cruise..

Losing Bistro to sushi is worse...not everyone does sushi! Wonder how much they'll charge? Seems the fish place replacing Porch on S class is $25 ppm

Glad we will be in BLU....and we'll have to find a new lunch place with Bistro gone....

Do you know when new shows will start on Infnity.? Hope we get a good one for Oct 2016, ABC island cruise,

Currently where the conservatory was, where Tuscan Grill is on Connie, is Qsine on Infinity.

Sushi is a "rumor" but I am guessing it will be more seafood like the porch, but not an entire menu as it lacks the broader appeal, like what to do for breakfast.

We're looking forward to trying it all on our way to South American in December.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Take everything you hear with a grain of salt. Celebrities rumor mill has been horrible for years however I do tend to believe the story about the SS United States transfer to Tuscan due to the original source. Wait until the press release which usually comes out as the ship is leaving the drydock if past practice means anything.

We are on the Oct 29th cruise on the Infinity. I know some are upset about Bistro on the Five, but it works for us. We have paid for Sushi on other

cruise lines and they are busy during lunch. Maybe X has taken notice and is giving it a try. I am really sorry for those that don't each Sushi and will miss the Bistro…..too bad it had to replace it instead of adding it in addition to.

We were going to try SS United States but from what I have read not sure

about going to Tuscan.

Take everything you hear with a grain of salt. Celebrities rumor mill has been horrible for years however I do tend to believe the story about the SS United States transfer to Tuscan due to the original source. Wait until the press release which usually comes out as the ship is leaving the drydock if past practice means anything.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^ is most likely to be true.

We are on the Oct 29th cruise on the Infinity. I know some are upset about Bistro on the Five, but it works for us. We have paid for Sushi on other

cruise lines and they are busy during lunch. Maybe X has taken notice and is giving it a try. I am really sorry for those that don't each Sushi and will miss the Bistro…..too bad it had to replace it instead of adding it in addition to.

We were going to try SS United States but from what I have read not sure

about going to Tuscan.

NOT THIS ^^^^^^^^^ Please don't state a rumor, someone admitting to "hearing" vs what a reliable source was told onboard. Carefully read the entire thread.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Still trying to find out the dates in October for this Drydock. I have my TA looking into this too. If you know, please let us know.

It has been reported as the time period between the 10 day Caribbean that ends on October 15th and the start of your cruise on October 29th.

Currently where the conservatory was, where Tuscan Grill is on Connie, is Qsine on Infinity.

Sushi is a "rumor" but I am guessing it will be more seafood like the porch, but not an entire menu as it lacks the broader appeal, like what to do for breakfast.

We're looking forward to trying it all on our way to South American in December.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Thanks

The roll call we are on will love Q sine for a group outing! We have never bothered with it but will make it a point on our Infinity cruise

Hope you are going to do another fabulous review for us all on your Infinity SA!

Happy Travels.....

Thanks

The roll call we are on will love Q sine for a group outing! We have never bothered with it but will make it a point on our Infinity cruise

Hope you are going to do another fabulous review for us all on your Infinity SA!

Happy Travels.....

Maybe, we'll see...

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Sent from my iPad using fat fingers and Tapatalk

I asked the sommelier in Cellsr Masters about the possible changes. He stated that Bistro would remain as is but that Cellar Masters would become a Gastropub. I don't know how reliable his comment is but we will know soon enough.

Since sushi is so readily available every evening in the ocean view Cafe and not as universally appreciated as a dining alternative, I doubt that bistro will change.

I don't know how extensive the kitchen facilities are in Bistro, but the proximity of bistro and cellar masters might make the introduction of the Gastropub easier.

Speculation of change is always grounds for the rumour mill and an interesting activity on light news days.

I just wish that Celebrity would be more open by announcing plans rather than being so secretive. I am sure passengers on Infinity would like to know which dining facilities are available for reservation on their upcoming cruises.

While on Infinity last year for the Valparaiso to FLL leg, the CC breakfast was held in the main dining room - on the deck not open for regular breakfast. We did have lots of CC members. Other than the location, there was no difference.

I am disappointed that the SS United States is probably changing. This is only my 2nd Celebrity Cruise and was planning on using my obc at this venue on least three nights.

I looked at Tuscan's menu an wasn't impressed. Maybe the food is good, but nothing on the menu interested me. Sigh.

Hoping to try the Bistro for the first time.

Luckily I love the mdr and the buffet. But on a 15 night cruise with 8 full sea days and a canal crossing day, we will want the variety. Can't imagine vising Qsine more than once.

No worries thought. It will be a cruise........11 weeks from today!

I asked the sommelier in Cellsr Masters about the possible changes. He stated that Bistro would remain as is but that Cellar Masters would become a Gastropub. I don't know how reliable his comment is but we will know soon enough.

Since sushi is so readily available every evening in the ocean view Cafe and not as universally appreciated as a dining alternative, I doubt that bistro will change.

I don't know how extensive the kitchen facilities are in Bistro, but the proximity of bistro and cellar masters might make the introduction of the Gastropub easier.

Speculation of change is always grounds for the rumour mill and an interesting activity on light news days.

I just wish that Celebrity would be more open by announcing plans rather than being so secretive. I am sure passengers on Infinity would like to know which dining facilities are available for reservation on their upcoming cruises.

You are assuming Sushi will continue to be available upstairs. They who giveth also taketh away. Kaching $$$$$

I have been hearing that the Infinity will be in drydock in October. We are booked on this ship for the Oct. 29th cruise. Do you know what exact dates it will be out of service. I am hoping that it will definitely back before our cruise.

Also if anyone knows, will the cabins be updated? I have heard that some of the specialty restaurants will change.

Perhaps it is between Oct 16th & Oct 28th, 2015

I don't see any sailings at that time

What, they serve Clamato juice now at Cellar Masters?

I am disappointed that the SS United States is probably changing. This is only my 2nd Celebrity Cruise and was planning on using my obc at this venue on least three nights.

I looked at Tuscan's menu an wasn't impressed. Maybe the food is good, but nothing on the menu interested me. Sigh.

Hoping to try the Bistro for the first time.

Luckily I love the mdr and the buffet. But on a 15 night cruise with 8 full sea days and a canal crossing day, we will want the variety. Can't imagine vising Qsine more than once.

No worries thought. It will be a cruise........11 weeks from today!

Can't wait!

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Hi Arno,

I agree with everything you've mentioned. I'm finding it very hard to believe that Celebrity would change Bistro to a Sushi venue - especially since they've just made a major effort to upgrade Bistro's menu. I'm also surprised about the rumors of SS United States being converted to Tuscan, but I guess nothing should surprise me anymore. There are a number of new people in Miami... and others leaving. With new people, come new ideas. If this proves to be true, and the memorabilia is going to be removed (I hope not !), it would be great if Celebrity were to use this on the Edge class ships. If it were my call, I'd rather see the Qsine area change to Tuscan.

I wish someone from Celebrity would confirm or deny the rumors, but then again, there's a huge amount of competition out there, and I suspect that's why they are so secretive. Most of their competition is the same way.

Speaking of confirming or denying on here... If anyone hasn't noticed - Celebrity Cruises hasn't posted on here, in 3 weeks. I know some of the backstory, but I do not feel it's right to comment on specific personnel by name. I also hear they are/were looking for a Social Media Manager.

At this point, it looks like we've been abandoned by Celebrity. Hopefully, someone from Celebrity will post again soon.

Edited by Host Andy