Infinity Drydock in October

wendyatpml

Hi Arno,

I agree with everything you've mentioned. I'm finding it very hard to believe that Celebrity would change Bistro to a Sushi venue - especially since they've just made a major effort to upgrade Bistro's menu. I'm also surprised about the rumors of SS United States being converted to Tuscan, but I guess nothing should surprise me anymore. There are a number of new people in Miami... and others leaving. With new people, come new ideas. If this proves to be true, and the memorabilia is going to be removed (I hope not !), it would be great if Celebrity were to use this on the Edge class ships. If it were my call, I'd rather see the Qsine area change to Tuscan.

I wish someone from Celebrity would confirm or deny the rumors, but then again, there's a huge amount of competition out there, and I suspect that's why they are so secretive. Most of their competition is the same way.

Speaking of confirming or denying on here... If anyone hasn't noticed - Celebrity Cruises hasn't posted on here, in 3 weeks. I know some of the backstory, but I do not feel it's right to comment on specific personnel by name. I also hear they are/were looking for a Social Media Manager.

At this point, it looks like we've been abandoned by Celebrity. Hopefully, someone from Celebrity will post again soon.

Hi,Andy

''Spot on '' comments, ;100% agree with you.

You, know, as the saying goes...'' great minds think alike'':rolleyes: .....and

there are very few of us left !!! :D

The ''absence'' of comments from the ''celebrity cruises ''poster is particularly perplexing.

Cheers

• 4 weeks later...
Bistro on 5 was good, but on the two X cruises I've been on, it always seemed to be mostly empty. I imagine X wants to try something different to utilize the space better.

We ate at Bistro on 5 during our last cruise...once was enough for me. I also noticed it was empty most of the time. We would definitely eat at a good sushi place.

We ate at Bistro on 5 during our last cruise...once was enough for me. I also noticed it was empty most of the time. We would definitely eat at a good sushi place.

I ate in a sushi place once. That is enough, I really don't get it why people would pay good money for raw fish. But my one experience with Bistro did not encourage me to go back there either. Qsine was good but not designed for a couple - needs a larger group to share. What I would like is a place to sit and have a decent ESB or amber ale or stout...

I ate in a sushi place once. That is enough, I really don't get it why people would pay good money for raw fish.

Maybe you went to the wrong one place... or maybe you just don't like sushi. But many people do. To each his own.

I'm with Arno on this one as well (and I have been vocal about it, but hey its my therapy!) It would have been REALLY nice of Celebrity to have told me that they were changing dining venues around, maybe they could have even done this before it was too late to do anything about it, and then, though I might not have gone on this particular cruise, I would have thought of going on another one!

As was mentioned earlier, I looked over the menu at the Tuscan Grill, it really doesn't call to me like the one at SS US/Murano does, and that sort of planning (where I am going to spend my "extra" cruising dollars and at what venues) requires a great deal of lead time and thought, just like booking excursions and travel to and from the cruiseport.

Celebrity has quite a hole to dig themselves out of on this one, from my perspective, and at this point I haven't even stepped aboard! At this stage in the game I am looking heavily into other cruise brands for future vacations, as it is far too late to do anything about this one.

We will use out 5 night specialty dining, and we will still try for the "Ultimate" dining package (if it still exists) and we will "play the game" and go through the whole thing, because it is a holiday, it is our honeymoon. I am sure we will have a fine time (just to put everyone at ease) but there is a LOT of negatives in this experience for me, and the lack of communication ("Oh by the by, you booked with us the better part of a year ago, because you kinda had to to get a good cabin, but yeah...we are going to make some changes... our demographic data suggests you'll like them, but if you don't we really aren't that bothered by it.") and the inconvenience of the timing ("Oh hey! here are those changes we didn't tell you about! Aren't you excited! And if you aren't its 20 days till your cruise and you've already paid in full and we don't do the "refund thing"...and we are pretty sure your airline tickets and hotel reservations are pretty set in stone by now as well, not to mention your requested and approved time off work. So we will see you onboard KThxBai!") really leave me feeling manipulated and ill used.

So Celebrity, if you read this, I know you could care less about this particular drop in your bucket, but you have got some work to do to live up to the ad campaign you used to get me to book, and I doubt you'll ever get another penny from me.

Cheers,

Derek

Edited by Atreidai
forgot to sign off!

Hi Arno,

I agree with everything you've mentioned. I'm finding it very hard to believe that Celebrity would change Bistro to a Sushi venue - especially since they've just made a major effort to upgrade Bistro's menu. I'm also surprised about the rumors of SS United States being converted to Tuscan, but I guess nothing should surprise me anymore. There are a number of new people in Miami... and others leaving. With new people, come new ideas. If this proves to be true, and the memorabilia is going to be removed (I hope not !), it would be great if Celebrity were to use this on the Edge class ships. If it were my call, I'd rather see the Qsine area change to Tuscan.

I wish someone from Celebrity would confirm or deny the rumors, but then again, there's a huge amount of competition out there, and I suspect that's why they are so secretive. Most of their competition is the same way.

Speaking of confirming or denying on here... If anyone hasn't noticed - Celebrity Cruises hasn't posted on here, in 3 weeks. I know some of the backstory, but I do not feel it's right to comment on specific personnel by name. I also hear they are/were looking for a Social Media Manager.

At this point, it looks like we've been abandoned by Celebrity. Hopefully, someone from Celebrity will post again soon.

I agree, makes no sense to upgrade the Bistro menu and then change the place altogether...we hope to eat there a few times but not for sushi or shellfish...