What do we need to know about Radiance of the Seas?

Newby58

I will also be on Radiance on 8/2 and would love to know as much as possible about her as well.

Hi there! I don't know your name however, very much looking forward to meeting you!!! At the Meet & Mingle? Or the informal get together on embarkation?

Cheryl

Hi there! I don't know your name however, very much looking forward to meeting you!!! At the Meet & Mingle? Or the informal get together on embarkation?

Cheryl

Hi Cheryl! my name is Lauren am looking forward to the meet and mingle we should try and organise an informal get together before sail away.

Hi Cheryl! my name is Lauren am looking forward to the meet and mingle we should try and organise an informal get together before sail away.

Hi Lauren, I think that has been mentioned on our roll call. Let's make sure it happens!

Radiance is one of the 4 Radiance-class ships. IMO, they are the most beautiful ships in RCI's fleet.....you feel like you are on a ship, there are acres of glass everywhere for magnificent sea views, and the size is perfect so it is easy to get from place to place quickly. At one time, there were magnificent soaring sculptures in the Centrum, but they were removed due to the aerial shows. Those shows are nice, but those sculptures were incredible.

She's a beautiful ship. The outdoor seating at aft of windjammer is great. Inside, seating at the champagne bar is really nice too, full wall of glass to look out and less crowded than schooner bar, but near enough to both schooner and latte tudes for getting drinks.

The Radiance class and Vision class of ships have all had the centrum area turned into an entertainment venue. Since a large number of these shows involve very loud sounds, cabins near the centrum will be adversely affected. From experience, suggest these cabins be avoided. Also, when the shows are on and the sounds are loud as they tend to be, conversation at the guest relations desk is seriously negatively affected so go there only when centrum is not being used for entertainment.

Radiance is one of the 4 Radiance-class ships. IMO, they are the most beautiful ships in RCI's fleet.....you feel like you are on a ship, there are acres of glass everywhere for magnificent sea views, and the size is perfect so it is easy to get from place to place quickly. At one time, there were magnificent soaring sculptures in the Centrum, but they were removed due to the aerial shows. Those shows are nice, but those sculptures were incredible.

I totally agree with you! So much glass on this ship you have wonderful views. We're booked on Radiance next May for Alaska. Should be some great scenic views! Also I felt there were so many places to sit and relax...much more so than on the Freedom/Voyager class ships.

The Radiance class and Vision class of ships have all had the centrum area turned into an entertainment venue. Since a large number of these shows involve very loud sounds, cabins near the centrum will be adversely affected. From experience, suggest these cabins be avoided. Also, when the shows are on and the sounds are loud as they tend to be, conversation at the guest relations desk is seriously negatively affected so go there only when centrum is not being used for entertainment.

Phew! Didn't know that. We have a deck 10 aft though which I believe is under the entrance to the Windjammer. Might still get some noise?

Watching sunset on the bow/helipad is a must-not-miss.

Cafe in the Solarium has really good quick bites.

See if the bar in the VCL/Star Quest is fixed and will rotate!

The Park Cafe in the Solarium has more than just "quick bites" some breakfast options in the morning and the wonderful salads, soups and sandwiches (carving station roast beef) in the afternoons.

Just off ROS and enjoyed this often.

Also the Wonka Pie at Cafe Latte-Tudes :p

Also if the WJ is crowded in the mornings take your food thru the door and out to Rita's Crab Shack. Unfortunately the weather was too cool in the mornings to eat on the aft during our Alaska cruise ;)

Phew! Didn't know that. We have a deck 10 aft though which I believe is under the entrance to the Windjammer. Might still get some noise?

We just had (and have had) true afts on deck #9, #8 & #10 and had no noise from the WJ above on any of our cruises...Enjoy this amazing true aft view.

The Solarium is NOT conducive to tanning...they never open the damn roof!

I, for one, am very happy that they never open the roof. I go to the solarium because it is climate controlled (AC) and I can be comfortable. It may be hard for you, cb, to comprehend, but not everyone goes on a cruise to get a tan. Sitting in the broiling sun is just not my thing and getting a tan is way down on my list of cruising priorities....whatever floats your boat(pun intended) !

We were on Deck 10 near the Centrum. If the Card Room is still located there, we can report that people play cards, dominos, Rummikub, etc at the craziest hours and with no regard to sounds made. That bothered us more than the shows - as they didn't tend to go on all night.

Do those get much use? I'd rather see a bowling alley like Norwegian Gem had

They and the equipment weren't in the best of shape. I work for a company in the business. When we sailed on Serenade I brought a supply of sticks and a set of balls I somehow found ;) and the experience was a lot better. Really needed some new cloth.