only 6 weeks to our first azamara.....

Tony UK

We are Celebrity regulars and this is our first Azamara, on the Quest. I'm looking for some practical help, in particular.....

We are from the UK, what kind of electrical adaptors do we need?

Do Azamara supply a tote bag or do I need to bring my own?

The weather will be very hot. I understand that Azamara is less formal but what do ladies really wear in the dining room as a rule?

Anything you wish you had known for your first Azamara but didn't........all tips and hints most welcome!

Thank you all

Angie

We are Celebrity regulars and this is our first Azamara, on the Quest. I'm looking for some practical help, in particular.....

The weather will be very hot. I understand that Azamara is less formal but what do ladies really wear in the dining room as a rule?

Anything you wish you had known for your first Azamara but didn't........all tips and hints most welcome!

Thank you all

Angie

In answer to your questions

1. We use the same electrical adaptors as we do on Celebrity (but don't ask me what they are :confused:)

2. Yes a tote bag is provided

3. Ladies dress as we would in the UK going to a nice restaurant - not a Michelin star high end or a Beefeater, so trousers and skirt and nice top or simple dress. I use some neutral tops but dress them up with scarves some nights or nice necklaces. Azamara guests are far less stressed about dress codes than the fashion police on Celebrity

Thank you all

Angie

Hi

Your cabin will be equipped with both European and American style sockets above the dressing table. Also agree that you definitely get an Azamara tote bag. Cheryl wears everything from trousers with tops to simple dresses to the odd long dress (not ballroom style) for when she feels like getting a bit more dressed up. As Uktog states something that you would wear for an evening out at a restaurant without being OTT. Same for the gents, long trousers and collared shirt (short sleeved or long - doesnt matter) or polo shirt. Definitely no blue jeans or shorts in the mdr or speciality restaurants.

have a good cruise

I have found over all he lovely English ladies dress the best. i prefer a dress with a shawl. .but i wear pants once in a while.. there are never enough plugs for me so i carry one for the Europe outlets.. we have a White Night party . most people wear all white- no rule we just do. as drinks are included you will not have to show your room key every 5 minutes to get a drink or a bottle of water. .we have great coffee on deck 5 staff/crew/officers are friendlier and will know your name . no late night buffets- when we sail late but we are a fun ship.

Be careful on our latest cruise another couple had an issue because their room steward advised them 4 gang extensions were no longer permitted. I know that is an issue on Celebrity but not sure if it is actually the case on Azamara or the steward was making local rules.

We sadly take two adaptors and have a morning and night charging rota so everything gets charged in a time period. We also carry a camera battery and spare so its always one in and one ready to go in with recharging happening immediately on changeover

I used to carry an outlet strip whenever I travelled. Since most electrical outlets are used for charging USB devices, I now use a 60-watt 6 USB port charger from Anker. It uses only one electrical outlet and delivers the specific power needed by each device.