Carnival's Inside Staterooms

SLL

I see that Carnival's inside staterooms are the same sq. ft. as an Oceanview room; however, I have read several posts by past cruisers that claim inside rooms are smaller. Their not any smaller than the OV rooms, are they?

We are looking into a booking on the Ecstasy with our 2 kids. We need to book an inside room to save money. I've had an oceanview and loved it. Except, I did a silly thing by starring out the window and it made me kind of queasy. Any thoughts? There will be 2 adults and 2 children in the inside room.

The inside rooms are fine.....on the Miracle we had 2 inside rooms and our friends had a balcony and outside of the balcony by eye it seemed around the same size...the only time you have trouble is when you all try and get ready for dinner at the same time...but my friends who had the balcony said they had the same problem before dinner...just stagger everyone getting ready:)

There will be 2 adults and 2 children in the inside room.

I booked oceanview once and didn't see the benefit of the window. After that I have always booked inside. I believe both level of cabins are the same size. Go for the inside and spend the extra $$ on excursions or special "stuff" for your family.

I booked oceanview once and didn't see the benefit of the window. After that I have always booked inside. I believe both level of cabins are the same size. Go for the inside and spend the extra $$ on excursions or special "stuff" for your family.

Well said! Those of us who cruise in inside cabins eat the same food, see the same shows, visit the same ports as everyone else.

I have both inside and ocean view. I didn't notice any difference in the size of the room. Although, the inside you can sleep all day and not notice it was day time ;-)

I like the ocean view, just to know what the weather is like..

Kim

Inside and oceanview cabins are the same size on the same ship. We found the inside cabins on the Glory tight but this is just my opinion. But remember you spend very little time in your cabin other than to sleep so you should be fine.

When I have had to cruise wisely all of us (5) in one cabin, we have had my son and husband shower in the the gym so that we ladies had the whole cabin and bathroom to get ready without them in the way. The facilities are large and beautiful with a soap and shampoo dispenser in shower. So they go in there robes and shaving kit and come back so relaxed and clean. If they have time they even go in to the steam room and a quick jacuzzi before showering! My husband like to shower here bc he says the shower curtain doesn't stick to him in the gym/spa! LOL

It is cramped but you can do this wisely. I only packed lightly for the kids and just washed a load of their clothes (shorts, t-shirts, socks, underwear and bathing suits) mid-week so that we had space in the cabin to put all clothing away. I did this while others were showering. So I didn't have to miss anything either.

Cruizinrican;)

On the Paradise they were the same exact rooms, on the Glory however the OV was much larger. The inside room had the hallway, then a small space and then the beds with about 1 1/2 foot space on each side of the bed. The OV had the hall, then a little living room type section (Couch, table) and then the beds and then about 4 feet and then the window. There was certainly a difference on the Glory, but none on the Paradise.

I've only been on one cruise, and had an inside cabin which was fine for us. As previously posted, you won't spend much time in your cabin anyway so why not spend the extra money on FUN stuff! Bathroom time while getting ready for dinner might be a bit tricky, but it would be the same in an oceanview room, wouldn't it? Try using the spa shower trick. ENJOY! ;)

That is the nice thing about Carnival...all their inside rooms are in general larger than other cruise lines. They all tend to be the same size ship-wide. Those who say they are smaller might just think they seem smaller, as any room would without a window.

The inside rooms on the Valor are smaller than on the Triumph. I was very surprised when I booked an inside and expected it to be the same as the Triumph. The room is just as pictured not much room to maneuver. However, there were three of us and when we had the bed separated it was much more comfortable.

SSL

......We booked our frist cruise we had a inside with 4 of us...it was tight but no problems....just as stated above, stagger everyone. Only time it was an issue was before dinner....

We are coming up on our 4th cruise. We have had inside, outside and balcony. I don't really think it is worth the extra money ( unless the room is much bigger) to have an outside cabin. The inside was really great for sleeping. I LOVED the balcony but my wife doesn't think it is worth the money.

Not sure on how old your kids are, but sometimes it is not really that much more money if you book two cabins....especially on Royal Carib. The last cruise we were on the 3rd and 4th in the room was only $140pp less than the 1st and 2nd so for $280 we got the extra room....all depends on your budget. The main thing is going on the cruise...Have a great time.

gfkruiser, the insides on Valor are exactly the same size as the insides on Triumph...185 sq. ft. The only difference is the 1A's, which are 160 sq. ft. on all the Carnival ships. If you had a 1A on Valor, that's why your cabin was smaller. But the standard insides on all their ships are exactly the same size.

Has anyone ever stayed in a 1a - what is the difference between the 1a and the 4a other than the smaller square feet. there will only be the 2 of us in the room. Will we have bathrobes? Will we have a fridge?

We had a choice of either a weeks cruise with a balcony or the cheapest cruise room and a week in Orlando - hello orlando!!!!!

I know that the room is next to the nightclub - can you hear any noises from there?

The room we had on the Conquest recently (cat.6d) was bigger than an inside room, however, if you upgraded to a balcony, you actually got a room the same size as an inside room, just with a balcony attached. So, therefore, if you want a bigger room (ours had a couch and everything) book an oceanview. Bear in mind, that this is only on Conquest-class ships. On the Fantasy-class, i think all the rooms are the same size except the suites.

Kelynj-

We were in a cat.1A when we were on Glory Sept.10 just 3 weeks ago. We were wondering the samething ourselves since this was a free cruise for us, we just paid port and taxes. So the price difference in out Cat.1A which was only $580 or get upgraded to a Cat.4A for $1,200? We figured we would stick with the Cat.1A free cabin since after upgrading the cabin would no longer be free.

When we got to our cabin we were greatly pleased! First off, we thought we going to have to sleep on an upper and lower which turned out to be an upper and a regular twin bed. So we were so pleased about this! Then we noticed without the other twin bed on the floor, how much space we had in the cabin! There was so much space that Carnival could have easily fit a sofa into this space! The bathroom was of regular ship size SMALL but very well laid out and smartly done! We did have a mini-frig stocked with soda, mini-alcohol, water and some candy (I think).

We loved our cabin 1426 and would stay in this cabin again. We were unfortunate not to have any portholes but we liked it just the same.

Besides for the price, you just can't beat it!

Cruizinrican:)

Archived