Another Three for Free Question - Specialty Dining

Native Floridian 26

For those of you who received a Specialty Dining promo with your 3 for Free, where do you see that in your Cruise Personalizer? I can tell the prepaid tips are there, but don't see any reference to the dining credit.

Thanks!

You won't see it in your personalizer .

It may vary by ship but on the Star we were assigned a specific night for dining. We went to one of the specialty restaurants right after we boarded, found out which venue, night, and time that they had assigned us to, and changed it to our preferred location and time. Some we spoke to later in the cruise were not able to change their time so if you have preferences on this, I would suggest that you check it on embarkation day.

It may vary by ship but on the Star we were assigned a specific night for dining. We went to one of the specialty restaurants right after we boarded, found out which venue, night, and time that they had assigned us to, and changed it to our preferred location and time. Some we spoke to later in the cruise were not able to change their time so if you have preferences on this, I would suggest that you check it on embarkation day.

Yes, that's great advice. We'll do that.

Tips like that make this board so invaluable.

Not in mine. In yours what was it after or before in the list of notifications?

It's actually in the middle of the list of notifications, on page 2 of our travel summary. Here's what it says:

NOTIFICATIONS

GENERAL INFORMATION

*Smoking is no longer permitted in most areas of the ship including all staterooms and balconies.

*If you require the use of a wheelchair or scooter onboard, please contact your travel consultant or Princess for port, cabin, and ship details

*It is your responsibility to check with your travel consultant, the government authorities for the countries you will visit, and/or medical professionals to determine/

verify the visa and vaccination requirements/recommendations at sailing. Princess assumes no liability for your failure to do so. Failure to present required travel

documents, visas, or vaccination certificates at cruise check-in will result in denial of boarding without refund.

For more information regarding the above, visit the Cruise Answer Place at: http://www.princess.com/learn/faq_answer/onboard/experience.jsp.

50th Anniversary Sale: OBC T&Cs

Please refer to princess.com for general terms, conditions and definitions that apply to all bookings. All Fares and Onboard Credits are quoted in US Dollars. This

offer is capacity controlled, non-transferable and not combinable with select other promotions or land packages. *UP TO $500 SAVINGS: is based on a per guest

discount off applicable Launch Fares on a space-available basis at time of booking on select cruises. Launch Fares are offering fares and may not have been in

effect for the past 90 days or resulted in actual sales in all categories. Intermediate discounts may have been taken and fares may remain at discounted levels

after this promotion. *FREE ONBOARD SPENDING MONEY: Applies up to $100 per stateroom ($50 per guest) cruises between 7 and 10 days and up to $200

per stateroom ($100 per guest) for cruises 11 days and longer. An onboard credit will be applied to guest's onboard folio to be used towards purchases taken

during the cruise. The onboard spending money may be used on a single voyage only, is not redeemable for cash and expires at the end of the cruise.

50th Anniversary Sale: Dining T&Cs

* FREE SPECIALTY DINING FOR 2: On the guest's behalf, Princess will make a reservation for a complimentary dinner for 2 at a specialty restaurant.

Restaurants vary by ship. Specialty dining gratuities are included. One offer per stateroom. It will be at the guest's discretion as to which guest redeems the offer.

Offer cannot be used toward the purchase of specialty dining packages, alcoholic beverages or sodas. Princess has the right to substitute for an onboard credit of

equal value, and will expire if not used by 10:00 PM on the last evening of the cruise. Offer excludes Princess lodge restaurants.

* REDUCED DEPOSIT of $100 per guest applies to all guests in stateroom.

SECONDARY OFFER 50th CELEBRATION GIFT

As we celebrate our 50th milestone, we're recognizing yours! For those guests turning 50 or celebrating a 50th anniversary in 2015, but unable to travel during

the actual calendar month of their milestone, a secondary offer is available: a bottle of red or white wine valued at $20. This offer is NOT combinable with the 50th

Birthday and 50th Anniversary Gifts. Brand and availability are at the discretion of the vessel. Passengers may select non-alcoholic. No cash or refund value.

Hope this helps. I had to print my Travel Summary to see it.:) Sorry it looks so messy. I did a copy and paste off the pdf file.

Edited by partybarbie

Wow. Mine does not have anything under General Information after

For more information regarding the above, visit the Cruise Answer Place at: http://www.princess.com/learn/faq_an...experience.jsp.

I had to download the pdf file to see it. To download the travel summary, you would go to the same page where you print your boarding pass and luggage tags. If you are booked under one of the sales, you should see your free stuff there.

I had to download the pdf file to see it. To download the travel summary, you would go to the same page where you print your boarding pass and luggage tags. If you are booked under one of the sales, you should see your free stuff there.

We have the 3 for Free promotion and none of that is in the travel summary.

The gratuity part is in the personalizer where you can sign up to pre-pay gratuities and that part says they are paid. (I took a screen capture of that.)

The upgraded cabin category is there because it shows I am in the highest category for that type of cabin.

For the specialty dinner is nowhere that I can find it in the personalizer, just on the invoice from my TA.

Question: Did you book with a TA or directly with Princess? If the latter, maybe that is why I do not see it as I used a TA.

Edited by caribill

We have the 3 for Free promotion and none of that is in the travel summary.

The gratuity part is in the personalizer where you can sign up to pre-pay gratuities and that part says they are paid. (I took a screen capture of that.)

The upgraded cabin category is there because it shows I am in the highest category for that type of cabin.

For the specialty dinner is nowhere that I can find it in the personalizer, just on the invoice from my TA.

Question: Did you book with a TA or directly with Princess? If the latter, maybe that is why I do not see it as I used a TA.

I booked directly with Princess, then I transferred over to a TA. Then I had to call the TA back and have us re-fared to the promo. The dining offer shows on the booking confirmation from Princess, but on the TA invoice it just says "re-fared to new promo".

We are booked under the same promotion and do see it on TA's confirmation, but nowhere on Princess, and I did look over the travel summary very carefully. Wondering if it's not showing up because it's either too early (cruise isn't until May) or because I haven't filled out all the required/mandatory info?? Neither one of those ideas makes sense but thought I'd throw it out there in case someone knows if thats a possibility. :confused:

We are booked under the same promotion and do see it on TA's confirmation, but nowhere on Princess, and I did look over the travel summary very carefully. Wondering if it's not showing up because it's either too early (cruise isn't until May) or because I haven't filled out all the required/mandatory info?? Neither one of those ideas makes sense but thought I'd throw it out there in case someone knows if thats a possibility. :confused:

You can see the free gratuities by going to the bottom of the first page of the personalizer for your cruise and clicking on the box for prepaying gratuities. It should show you as having them fully paid.