Epic Refurbishment

Single Cruiser

Meanwhile, back on the subject of "Epic Refurbishment"............

Any spa refurbishments slated? Reason I ask is purely selfish..... I snagged that sweet Spa Mini-Suite 14118 with the triple wide balcony for the TA in 04/17. I want to make sure I'm still getting that bowling-capable balcony! I hope they don't have plans to bump out the spa in that section!

Greg

Triple "long" you mean? :)

Found some slightly older pictures showing backstage parts of the Epic theater right before they installed the Pricilla Bus. They are most likely 1-2 weeks old.

9a435c8dc8bc86ec0fb5e04e20bff757.jpg

bd96f118d7d822a519de31f32ca8fe51.jpg

cff68f82809de0fe6f47da3c000d60f9.jpg

1b749a79b1bd18aac3e27520b792be3d.jpg

In addition to that two quite recent pictures of the hull. First one shows that they finished the engine installation and already closed the access hole that was cut for getting to the engine room (look for slightly darker hull part below the water line next to the Norwegian logo)

17e08804c9d1416b7238056bfe5de0c3.jpg

The next one is from tonight and shows that they started with the artwork refresh after the white hull painting (look for the epic letters to see the difference)

810cdef0e65ed34af58eb0fdcb16b7ca.jpg

Edited by Rayman76

Rayman76 - All of these pictures are simply amazing. I really appreciate all your hard work in gathering them and putting them up here. It's amazing to see how much work has gone into the ship over these 3 weeks she's been in there. Glad they've got the hole all patched up from her engine repairs.

The tree is also gone from the Italian restaurant like Craig (SingleCruiser) had originally mentioned it would be. So sad as now the space is wide open but it seems like they're leaving it wide open to the above. Seems like a strange thing to do given that people could look down about those dining and the tree muffled the buffet sounds. :cool:

Again, Rayman76 thank you for all you've done! I can't wait for Priscilla! :D

Thanks for the nice words!

Today's first picture is from the 100% repainted artwork (at least this is what the company who did the paint job was claiming on their Facebook page [emoji6])

8c3892dd3befd9849b69c31062c55e10.jpg

The next couple of pictures are from a new type of light installation in the tunnel towards H2O (this is my guess).

7b6c00e3367cb0e1f4bdcc7a2faae377.jpg

f73adc28facd6a89a5f19f2f654fb4a2.jpg

The last pictures (again a guess) are most likely from the new Cavern Club (former Fat Cats).

8df7737c4fbcf84043f6252251e2f7ca.jpg

0258eadeae066625c8d2bad97c5dba9e.jpg

058c71da40cc3cf4cef2b5d1eba12caf.jpg

Please correct me if my guesses about the picture locations are wrong.

Edited by Rayman76

It does look like it is Fat Cats/ Cavern. Bit of a weird set up for the sofas though given that there was already not a lot of space for the Beatles shows in there.

Just about to say the same.. It could get to standing only if you squeezed in as it was.. Perhaps its going to become bookable

Rayman76 - Again you've given us a glimpse into this transformed ship! You're doing an excellent job sleuthing these photos! :)

So much for hoping for a more "EPIC" hull art for her. Although I'm not sure what they'd change it to be but the Breakaway class hull art just outshines the Epic. Seems wrong but whatever... I'm not going to be hanging off the side of the ship staring at the hull art the whole cruise. :D

Very interesting lighting addition to the Spice H2O entrance. It definitely looks like it was meant to add something to that space which was decided drab but artwork or painting would have worked better. Lighting adds more to fuel consumption. I'm surprised they would have put those in. I'm sure they're LED lights though.

The Cavern Club looks very homely and amazing. I can't wait to get in there and try it out. However, it was a small venue before so I wonder how they're going to make it work. I hope it doesn't become a ticketing venue. :( Something tells me it's going to although it doesn't appear in the booking engine as an option. :cool:

Rayman76 - Again you've given us a glimpse into this transformed ship! You're doing an excellent job sleuthing these photos! :)

So much for hoping for a more "EPIC" hull art for her. Although I'm not sure what they'd change it to be but the Breakaway class hull art just outshines the Epic. Seems wrong but whatever... I'm not going to be hanging off the side of the ship staring at the hull art the whole cruise. :D

Very interesting lighting addition to the Spice H2O entrance. It definitely looks like it was meant to add something to that space which was decided drab but artwork or painting would have worked better. Lighting adds more to fuel consumption. I'm surprised they would have put those in. I'm sure they're LED lights though.

The Cavern Club looks very homely and amazing. I can't wait to get in there and try it out. However, it was a small venue before so I wonder how they're going to make it work. I hope it doesn't become a ticketing venue. :( Something tells me it's going to although it doesn't appear in the booking engine as an option. :cool:

I seem to remember the entrance...tunnel? to Spice as being kind of blah. It had just standard lighting and nothing to really make it feel different (especially considering how colorful the rest of the lido deck is). I think the new colored light installations are going to be a great addition, especially at night.

6c6cd20c71487c218c60c80baf348f2d.jpg

It's very interesting to see the new propeller/rudder design. They are actually connected. Apparently this increases efficiency by 11-13%. I first saw this during DISNEY MAGIC's last refit in Spain a couple months ago but I think it's been around for several years now. It seems to be more and more common on ships with a traditional propeller and rudder design.

Rayman76 - Once again thank you! I can't say it enough. You have definitely helped me get excited for my voyage. The dog pooping is just hilarious! I sense photo ops with this dog in my future! :eek::D Oh the shenanigans with that one! :rolleyes:

If you see anymore interior shots, I would be appreciative of their posting. I'm really interested in seeing what they've done with La Cuccina. I also wonder if anyone has a photograph of the bus or some of the costumes but I know those are kept under tight wraps by the cruise line due to copyright. :cool:

Wow... thanks again! :)

Discovered some interesting photos today. The first one is showing the finalized artwork in good detail and the second one is somewhat similar to yesterdays exterior pictures of the propulsion system (but this time from another crew member and therefore from a different angle).

4748053a2d77590db5aab2763e0c6e7d.jpg

8a09e7d4c3ec90f0bbeea52a52c2cf49.jpg

The next three photos are showing the kiddy pool and the new mini-golf game area.

6d4e7a7f1be304ecfcc69a4b21af45df.jpg

6222725b706ff896b8c394f156937767.jpg

5cb7cd3025706989e283c19ac642a33f.jpg

The last set of pictures for today will be in the next post.

Continuing last post with some mash up photos off various places all over the ship. Please note, the mash up pictures are not necessarily from today, but may in fact be a couple of days old. I already saw some rooms in a more advanced state then shown here (e.g. Cavern Club).

7147139ea2016c03735d2eb4361b83f7.jpg

8bee9ce846cead79937ca8ffbf1a5205.jpg

73d6f4389d895976555d037eeedec3f0.jpg

This may be the last post for some days as I am actually traveling to Southampton soon to join the ship on its first cruise out of dry dock.

Edited by Rayman76