Epic Refurbishment

Single Cruiser

Thanks Rayman76 :) !

The more I look at these pics, the more I'm astonished by the size of this refurbishment. Getting more and more excited for my holiday!

Good to see some pictures of the Mandara Spa too. I'll be spending a lot of time there so if you happen to find some more it's highly appreciated. :)

Speaking with one of the engineers and in fact Epic is down to two engines.

Both faulty ones will be replaced in dry dock but they have to cut a hole in the side of the hull to get the units out and new ones in'

As platinum we did the behind the scenes tour today and below decks there are already loads of workmen onboard and all the areas are full of tools and materials like new carpets etc..

Hi Craig.

I am sailing on the Epic out of Barcelona on 8 Nov 2015. As this will be my first time as a single cruiser (male), and first time on Epic, booked into a studio cabin, with access to the Lounge, I would be grateful if you could give me any tips/advice to allow me to make the best of the cruise. Many thanks.

Ron

Hi Craig.

I am sailing on the Epic out of Barcelona on 8 Nov 2015. As this will be my first time as a single cruiser (male), and first time on Epic, booked into a studio cabin, with access to the Lounge, I would be grateful if you could give me any tips/advice to allow me to make the best of the cruise. Many thanks.

Ron

As a previous studio traveller attend the evening get together in the studios. Often this is where people meet to go for dinner, and there are sometimes games/visits from officers etc.

Loving all this pictures it's like a new ship [emoji3] can't wait to see for myself on the 29/11

Does anyone know when she leaving dry dock? I know her cruise from Southampton leave the 19th but do they have to have a few days at sea to test the engines???

Hi I have just been looking at the Epic webcam and if the image is live then the Epic is still high and dry in dry dock. This seems to mean that she will only sail out on Sunday as she is due in at Southampton at 02:00 on the 19/10/2015

Hi Craig.

Ron

As I think someone else has mentioned the key thing is to be in the studio lounge at the bar open times / meeting in the evening. They have a flipchart board where people can post ideas/messages like ice bar Thurs 7PM - sign up here. The cruise staff member also co-ordinates or helps with dinner reservations etc..

Love the photo's, interesting rudder design

It's Rolls-Royce's "Promas" integrated rudder and propeller system. This is a "Promas Lite" version, which is essentially a kit that can be fitted to existing ships. You weld the bulb on to the existing rudder, re-blade the propeller, and then put on a new hubcap. You can read more about it here.

As far as interior improvements go, you can thank the new management. They aren't keen on the over-the-top decor on several ships and are eager to replace it. Pride of America's refit next year will be similar in terms of drastic interior changes.

Edited by barnacle_boy

As far as interior improvements go, you can thank the new management. They aren't keen on the over-the-top decor on several ships and are eager to replace it. Pride of America's refit next year will be similar in terms of drastic interior changes.

As much as we enjoyed Ic for our 3 weeks TA & W Carib. I did find her " dark". Changes like La Cucina look much brighter and more open. Only hope the open up Bliss during the day with windows! Even though we had a Spa Mini Suite and lovely balcony, we did miss the outside views from the main areas of the ship.

We didn't have any issues with the bathroom/ loo setup. However, did pick a cabin with the bed by the balcony.

Looking forward to all the pics from 19th!

As much as we enjoyed Ic for our 3 weeks TA & W Carib. I did find her " dark". Changes like La Cucina look much brighter and more open. Only hope the open up Bliss during the day with windows! Even though we had a Spa Mini Suite and lovely balcony, we did miss the outside views from the main areas of the ship.

We didn't have any issues with the bathroom/ loo setup. However, did pick a cabin with the bed by the balcony.

Looking forward to all the pics from 19th!

I also don't mind the bathroom set up (but I'm European) I also have chosen a cabin with the bed by the balcony! :)

The studios also have a similar bathroom set up, without the curtain.

I'm so looking forward to seeing the improved ship in January ! :)

As much as we enjoyed Ic for our 3 weeks TA & W Carib. I did find her " dark". Changes like La Cucina look much brighter and more open. Only hope the open up Bliss during the day with windows! :)

Looks like your gonna get your wish!2f20089d7034cd1004c1979fcef153b7.jpg0e5710596906fda2a5d0544483ea5fcf.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's Rolls-Royce's "Promas" integrated rudder and propeller system. This is a "Promas Lite" version, which is essentially a kit that can be fitted to existing ships. You weld the bulb on to the existing rudder, re-blade the propeller, and then put on a new hubcap. You can read more about it here.

Have you heard anything else about PoA drydock? From what I recall it will be about 24 days (including the one way empty to SFO) and the Epic was right about that number of days.

As far as color schemes, it will be interesting to see what they do.

Hey everyone,

I am new to the forum and Epic will be my second NCL voyage. First was the Dawn for work purposes (rough life!) and this one will be my honeymoon. I have been put in charge of all things related to the trip and I can't tell you how thankful i am to have found this site and this thread in particular. Looks like next spring is a good time to get on board with all these changes

Thanks again,

Steve

Hey everyone,

I am new to the forum and Epic will be my second NCL voyage. First was the Dawn for work purposes (rough life!) and this one will be my honeymoon. I have been put in charge of all things related to the trip and I can't tell you how thankful i am to have found this site and this thread in particular. Looks like next spring is a good time to get on board with all these changes

Thanks again,

Steve

Our January cruise is also our honeymoon!!