Navigator power outage??

Hello, we are on the navigator as i'm typing this and last night after our early dining we were on the starboard side and the ship started slowing way down. we got back to our cabin around 7:30 - 7:45 to change and all power went out. It was darker than dark in our cabin. we grabbed for our phones, put our shoes on grabbed our id and then the power came on. It was probably a couple of minutes. All i can remember the captain say was "the ship had a flat tire".

So today, while i was shopping in jamaica, my husband was on the pool deck mid morning and said they did 2 muster drills for the upper management. Hhhmmmm anyone else know what happened?

Hello, we are on the navigator as i'm typing this and last night after our early dining we were on the starboard side and the ship started slowing way down. we got back to our cabin around 7:30 - 7:45 to change and all power went out. It was darker than dark in our cabin. we grabbed for our phones, put our shoes on grabbed our id and then the power came on. It was probably a couple of minutes. All i can remember the captain say was "the ship had a flat tire".

So today, while i was shopping in jamaica, my husband was on the pool deck mid morning and said they did 2 muster drills for the upper management. Hhhmmmm anyone else know what happened?

the drill for the crew, they are done each and every sailing.

so far so good, but i will say my ipad did not charge last night... i'm glad our dinner was over....

also glad we weren't in the elevator especially when it was full!

<shudder>

My, and everyone's, I think, worst nightmare!

:eek:

Let me tell you about the list of the Crown Princess............ ;)

Edited by Merion_Mom

I always take a flashlight with me on my cruises. :D :D :D :D

We always take two of the flashlights shown in the shot below for emergencies and to use as a night light. It is compact, weighs 16 grams (just over 1/2 oz) and uses two lithium #2032 batteries which provides a long use time and the 5 LED bulbs provide a very bright light. I got them in a dollar store for $1 each including batteries. ;)

attachment.php?attachmentid=363482&d=1443144688

DSCF0019.jpg.ee602b6e1a32473dfc7ffed2b2c4af48.jpg

Edited by robtulipe

We always take two of the flashlights shown in the shot below for emergencies and to use as a night light. It is compact, weighs 16 grams (just over 1/2 oz) and uses two lithium #2032 batteries which provides a long use time and the 5 LED bulbs provide a very bright light. I got them in a dollar store for $1 each including batteries. ;)

I think I will hunt for those tmw, ours are not that small and a bit heavier. Those look perfect. Thanks for the tip. Sailing Sunday.

Great buy! You can't find 2032's that cheap! I'll pick a couple up tomorrow !

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
so far so good, but i will say my ipad did not charge last night... i'm glad our dinner was over....

also glad we weren't in the elevator especially when it was full!

Elevators are on the emergency generator, so in a power outage you would only stop for about 40 seconds while the generator came online.

Did the entire ship lose power? Very rare for this to happen, but if one engine room had a problem, the ship would slow down, and portions of the ship would go dark until power was transferred in a couple minutes.

My DH is always prepared.

Three flashlights, batteries, 3 smart phones with lights.

I bet I can start another thread with the stuff he brings in his suitcase and still makes it under the 50pound weight limit, and yes, he has never let me down.

Oh he has more than enough clothes to cruise in too.

Be safe