Should OBC be in E-Docs

mafig

Just received e-docs today!:D

I'm doing my part in saving trees and not printing 30+++ pages. Under " Order Confirmation" I see my beverage package listed (another :D), but not OBC.

Our OBC comes from the TA and I remember that if that's the case it will not be on the e-docs. Am I right here? If I'm wrong, where would it be listed?

Ys, you generally don't find the obc's from the agency on your X docs.

It should be on your booking confirmation with the agent. Take a copy of that along with you, just incase you don't see it show up on your ship account. If you have paper work the desk can check on it if they don't have a record.

We have never needed to show proof. It's always showed up. I think a once it showed up a couple days into the cruise. But we didn't have to ask about it.

Edited by eandj

I would call my TA now to get proff of the OBC and ask them again.

You are likely to need to show proof of the OBC due from your TA. Bring a copy of their invoice to you that shows the OBC. Take that letter to Guest Relations on the morning following boarding - the idea is no lines, not worth trying to wait for an hour or more - and X can contact your TA.

I have had it be on my invoice from Celebrity, shown up the 2nd cruise day, never shown up and gotten a check from my TA after the cruise was over. You never know.

Thanks everyone. :)

Before I asked, I did use Search and some people did say they saw OBC listed if it was from X. Since mine is from TA, I'll just bring my documentation with me. It did happen to me once (on X), but I think it was the travel agent's fault. Customer Service was very nice about checking it out for me.

I agree with everyone about TA OBC not showing up in any Celebrity documentation.

My experience with Celebrity-provided OBC is that I can easily find it on my X invoice, but I have never found it in the e-docs themselves. On our last X cruise (Infinity Alaska in April this year), we had the 1213Go All-Inclusive. The invoice showed all three, but the e-docs only showed the drink package.

Edited by bob278

This got me wondering ....

Just checked my booking conformation. It shows what X included as OBC. My TA offered the same amount.

I have the authorization form from the TA which breaks out OBC from each party. If there is an issue ... is this enough to make X give me the full amount? I don't have anything from X which shows the full OBC.

My edocs don't have any OBC stated.

Yes - Celebrity does not get the OBC information from your TA until shortly before the cruise begins. If X and your TA communicate properly the additional OBC should be there when you board. Just bring something from your TA showing what they promised. Do not stress over this. Not a big problem. If the credit from your TA is not there take your Celebrity invoice and something from your TA showing their OBC to Customer Relations.

Suggestion - do not stand in line for an hour or two as you board. Wait until the next morning. Will be much faster doing it that way.

Yes - Celebrity does not get the OBC information from your TA until shortly before the cruise begins. If X and your TA communicate properly the additional OBC should be there when you board. Just bring something from your TA showing what they promised. Do not stress over this. Not a big problem. If the credit from your TA is not there take your Celebrity invoice and something from your TA showing their OBC to Customer Relations.

Suggestion - do not stand in line for an hour or two as you board. Wait until the next morning. Will be much faster doing it that way.

My past experiences in cruising with Celebrity are that the OBC, be it from Celebrity or TA or another source, always shows up on your on board account a day or two after you board.

There is no need to go to Guest Relations the day you board, or the day after. It will get there as soon as Accounting catches up with everyone. :) Just check your account on the TV in your cabin a few days into the cruise. If it still has not shown up, then that is the time to go see Guest Relations.

I always use a big box TA for my bookings largely for the OBC. Even if I book a future cruise on board, I give the big box TA the credit. I never had a problem with Celebrity with the TA OBC. Usually within a day or two I see it listed on the TV account information station. Also, always find a card from the TA on my bed when I first arrive on board wishing me a good cruise and noting the cruise credit. I do bring my TA booking documentation just in case.

One last thing, this doesn't happen very often :rolleyes:, I found Celebrity is very good in using Celebrity credit first before using TA OBC. Any unused TA OBC is reimbursed to you at the end of the cruise usually in the form of a credit to your credit card.

This got me wondering ....

Just checked my booking conformation. It shows what X included as OBC. My TA offered the same amount.

I have the authorization form from the TA which breaks out OBC from each party. If there is an issue ... is this enough to make X give me the full amount? I don't have anything from X which shows the full OBC.

My edocs don't have any OBC stated.

Celebrity is almost certainly not going to give you any OBC from your TA. But having that documentation might be enough for them to e-mail the TA for you. But I suspect you will have to contact the TA yourself and get them on the ball. My experience has been like others - TA OBC does not usually show up for at least 24-36 hours after sailing and frequently not for 48 - 60 hours.

It always annoys me that it typically takes 2 days before the OBC shows up on your tv account.

Why, in this modern age, can't it be on there when we arrive rather than have me worry about it not appearing for 2 days? Not good.....

I always bring proof of all types of OBC including gifts just in case.

My past experiences in cruising with Celebrity are that the OBC, be it from Celebrity or TA or another source, always shows up on your on board account a day or two after you board.

There is no need to go to Guest Relations the day you board, or the day after. It will get there as soon as Accounting catches up with everyone. :) Just check your account on the TV in your cabin a few days into the cruise. If it still has not shown up, then that is the time to go see Guest Relations.

Gimletgal - I respectfully disagree. On two occasions with two different TAs the OBC promised by them never showed up. The TAs are both major cruse oriented companies who obviously did not get it correct. As for waiting? How long do you wait? I am happy to wait till a quiet time the next day as verification can be made quickly and immediately. 2 days? 3 days? At this point it becomes stress on my DW and me and you know what happens when you assume something will happen. faster and easier to just go down with the documents and ask for help in a friendly polite manner. CS has often sent a bottle of wine up to my room as a way to say we are sorry you had a problem

When our travel agent notified us that our online documents were available they asked us to wait atleast 3 days for our OBC to appear on our account.

If you're on a short cruise that could make you alittle nervous. So far we have always gotten all of our OBC.