Children On Celebrity

flcruisechick16

No kids unless it is holiday time.

How odd. When we booked in with our granddaughter, Celebrity accepted our money and made no mention of the "no kids" policy. Friends who've cruised Celebrity with their children have very much enjoyed their experiences with the both the cruise line itself and their fellow passengers.

flCruisechick16, have a fabulous cruise with your family. We'll be on the Reflection a few weeks after you, with our five year-old granddaughter. :)

Edited by CanadianDee

It is the norm, but most will not say it here and certainly not as consistently as I will. No kids unless it is holiday time. Plenty of other cruiselines that offer so much more.

Actually it's the opposite. There are cruise lines that offer an adult only experience, you'll just have to get off your pocketbook to experience that luxury that you desire.

It's obvious that Celebrity is child friendly. I don't know why some people continue to try to perpetuate the self serving myth that they aren't.

Having said that if I had children I'd probably take them on Royal Caribbean. They do offer more activities for children.

How odd. When we booked in with our granddaughter, Celebrity accepted our money and made no mention of the "no kids" policy. Friends who've cruised Celebrity with their children have very much enjoyed their experiences with the both the cruise line itself and their fellow passengers.

flCruisechick16, have a fabulous cruise with your family. We'll be on the Reflection a few weeks after you, with our five year-old granddaughter. :)

THANK YOU!!!

I'm rather shocked at some of these rude kid-hater posts. (Please note I said SOME rude not ALL rude). Most cruise lines are realizing that Family-Friendly is the way of the future. That Multi-generational vacations are the new norm. Disney is a great cruise line but the price is too high for some. Celebrity is cashing in with their good prices and kid programs. Looks like some people will have to live with having kids on their ship. If not, there are truly ADULT ONLY cruise lines...P&O cruises or Saga Holidays to name a couple. While you're telling us to try DCL with our kids, maybe you should try them.

THANK YOU!!!

I'm rather shocked at some of these rude kid-hater posts. (Please note I said SOME rude not ALL rude). Most cruise lines are realizing that Family-Friendly is the way of the future. That Multi-generational vacations are the new norm. Disney is a great cruise line but the price is too high for some. Celebrity is cashing in with their good prices and kid programs. Looks like some people will have to live with having kids on their ship. If not, there are truly ADULT ONLY cruise lines...P&O cruises or Saga Holidays to name a couple. While you're telling us to try DCL with our kids, maybe you should try them.

If you have been on CC as long as I have I'm not surprised. Actually, RCCL corp which falls under X has long been a company dedicated to everyone of every generation to enjoy their cruise experience. They want the parents as much as the children and grandparents to enjoy !!!!

Happy Children are happy Parents who have $ and will re book... :D

CC

If you have been on CC as long as I have I'm not surprised. Actually, RCCL corp which falls under X has long been a company dedicated to everyone of every generation to enjoy their cruise experience. They want the parents as much as the children and grandparents to enjoy !!!!

Happy Children are happy Parents who have $ and will re book... :D

CC

And what this poster doesn't realize is that in the 90s when Celebrity became part of Royal they were in deep trouble financially. If they had not brought in families they would not have been around now and if they did not welcome families they would be gone in a short time.

As a retired teacher, I'm one of those that prefers a child free zone when on holiday, and so we always look for 'adult only' resorts/holidays as far as possible. BUT - we are picky when it comes to cruising, and don't have pockets down to the ground, so accept that there are going to be little ones when we cruise. We have NEVER been inconvenienced by children on a cruise ship, in fact I'd go as far as to say that more often than not when we have come across children on Celebrity (and there aren't many I have to admit, but then we do cruise out of holiday season) they have actually added to the enjoyment of our holiday.

So I'd say - go for it and ignore the naysayers. The kids will have a ball. Those we've come across have always seemed to be having the time of their lives. Have a great holiday!

Thank you all so much for all the feedback. I am hoping the one poster who implied that they don't want children around is the exception. I think my kids are pretty well traveled, we have been all over the eastern US, museums, monuments, historic sites etc. Also, the dates we are looking at is just after New Years, so my children will be off of school until the middle of that week, so thinking perhaps others will be off as well. Hoping we don't get the dirty looks from those that don't want children around because it sounds like otherwise the cruise would be a perfect fit. Someone posted about a family room, I didn't see that option when trying to choose that cabin. Is it an Oceanview? Or veranda? Thanks again!! Looking forward to trying out a great new cruise line. So far have loved Disney, HAL and Princess the best. Have heard great things about celebrity.

Caroline

I'm pretty sure you have to go through your Travel Agent or call Celebrity directly (if you are booking with them) to check the availability for a Family cabin. I think I've read on this board that they are usually reserved for families of 5, not 4, but can come available for 4s closer to sailing. If this info is not correct I'm sure others will chime in.

In terms of being kid-friendly, Celebrity is certainly that, but does lack a lot of the "kid-friendly" amenities that you will find on other lines, such as RCCL, Disney, Carnival and NCL. There are no shallow kiddie pools, no wave riders, no water slides, no diving or ice skating shows, no rock climbing walls, and no Disney/Nickelodeon characters. If you and your kids are okay being on a ship that has a good kid's club program, but not a lot of kid's amenities outside of the kid's club you'll be fine.

Hi Caroline,

I posted to you on the family board.

Ignore Norwegian.

My kid's 8 and 9 LOVE celebrity; but it depends on the kids. My kid are happy relaxing by the pool, reading a book, playing with their ipads on deck. They LOVE the kid's club. My children also enjoy the upscale aspect of cruising on celebrity. They enjoy the same things that we do. The enjoy and appreciate the food and service on Celebrity over what they've experience on other cruise lines.

For what it's worth my kids have sailed, Royal, Disney, HAL, Carnival and Celebrity. Celebrity is their favourite.

But if you think your kids need LOTS of kids in the kids club, constant stimulations, rock walls, water slides etc. .... then they/you won't find that on Celebrity.

Hi Everyone,

I am hoping for some feedback from anyone that has taken their little ones on Celebrity. We have 2 children who will be 4 and 6 at the time of the sailing. We love to cruise and have cruised only Disney with the kids, but several other lines without. We love princess when it is just us adults, but were thinking of trying out celebrity since we like the itinerary better. Disney prices have just been insane this year and were thinking of trying one of the adult lines with the kids. That being said, would the children enjoy a cruise on celebrity? Are they somewhat kid friendly, like in the dining room and stuff. Are children allowed in the pool (s)? Are there activities that they would enjoy? Also we are looking at either a standard balcony or concierge class balcony. Does anyone know how the beds are arranged with 4 in a cabin? It says there is a sofa bed so does that sleep 2 (my kids are small but don't think they would fit in a twin)? Or is there an upper berth somewhere? We looked into Holland as well but saw they have the 4th bed right over our bed, we wouldn't like that. Thanks so much for any insight you can give. We are looking into the Jan 2 Reflection Western.

Caroline

Cruised many lines did not find X any different for kids that any other line. Good kids club lots of activities.

Not by adult cruisers. Stay with Royal Caribbean.

Many of us travel when school is in session for that very reason, to get an adult only holiday.

Holidays are different, then you can expect families.

Who cares what adult cruisers think? :rolleyes: For adult cruisers there is adult cruise lines .Celebrity is kids friendly and keep doing promo -kids sail free.

We have traveled with Celebrity on European cruises with our granddaughter over the past three summers. She was 4 on her first trip to Spain and Italy ,then onto Venice and Greece and this summer it was a Baltic cruise. On each one she was been warmly welcomed by the staff and all but a few cruisers. The only time we had any issue with passengers was after we booked a private excursion we were uninvited due to someone not wanting to have a child on their tour. We have also cruised with her on Disney and Carnival but she likes Celebrity best. We have had many people go out of their way to get to know her and interact with her. She has taken 12 hour tours off ship and done better than most of the adults on the tour. So we will continue to cruise Celebrity with her since we are raising her. She goes where we go!

We have traveled with Celebrity on European cruises with our granddaughter over the past three summers. She was 4 on her first trip to Spain and Italy ,then onto Venice and Greece and this summer it was a Baltic cruise. On each one she was been warmly welcomed by the staff and all but a few cruisers. The only time we had any issue with passengers was after we booked a private excursion we were uninvited due to someone not wanting to have a child on their tour. We have also cruised with her on Disney and Carnival but she likes Celebrity best. We have had many people go out of their way to get to know her and interact with her. She has taken 12 hour tours off ship and done better than most of the adults on the tour. So we will continue to cruise Celebrity with her since we are raising her. She goes where we go!

FYI from someone who went through it, keep sea pass cards for her so she can prove she was on the cruises when she turns 18 and can join CC. She will be given credit for those cruises and whatever status might go with it.

I think travel is the best education available for a child. We often joke that our granddaughter had travelled more before she started grade school than we did before we were married. :)

Travel makes it so easy to expose a child to new adventures, people, places, and cuisines. AND it's so much fun for us to experience those adventures, people, places, and cuisines through the eyes of a child.

We try and theme our cruise vacations. Our last cruise was a Seuss theme on Carnival*, which has been running a Seuss at Sea program. We played Seuss games, read Seuss books, and dressed in Seuss clothes.

This cruise our theme is pirates and princesses. Right now we're making evening gowns (a little fabric and metres of tulle goes a lonnnnng way), pirate costumes, and learning how to dance. Loading the laptop with movies about princesses and pirates to enjoy on the long flight to Florida and in our downtimes.

I can't say who enjoys the preparation and vacation more, us or her, but we're very grateful for these amazing travel opportunities with her.

*Incidentally, we chose Carnival because of her. Sunshine, with the 2.0 features - lovely waterpark and touted Camp Carnival. She loved the cruise, but only made two trips to Camp Carnival before telling us she wanted to stay with us, and one trip to the waterpark, which she found too loud and too busy.

Edited by CanadianDee

It is the norm, but most will not say it here and certainly not as consistently as I will. No kids unless it is holiday time. Plenty of other cruiselines that offer so much more.

Are you implying that children are only permitted on Celebrity during school holidays, or are just not on board except during holidays? Either way, you are incorrect.

All of our Celebrity cruises have been while school is in session and have been between 7-14 days in length and children have been around on all of them.

Say what you wish, and as consistently as you desire, but it will not make your statements accurate.

I don't sail on school holidays because I don't like hoards of kids or the higher cruise and flights costs, but count me as someone who is delighted to see kids having fun, enjoying the pool, showing off their Sunday best on fancy nights and families treasuring their time together. I didn't have the money to take my kids cruising until they were in their 30's, but wish I could have when they were younger.

Go! Enjoy! Ignore the naysayers! Get pictures of your kids.

Thank you all for the encouragement! I actually think this is going to be a perfect fit for us despite the few cranky people who don't want kids around. :p

My children have been on 2 Disney Cruises and while we loved it, I think there is a sense of sensory overload. My youngest was almost 3 on our last one and the big children's club was loud and big and overwhelming for her. But if you have a smaller environment where someone will play with her or let her do crafts and color! Now we are talking, she would be thrilled. And we do not leave our children for long periods of time anywhere, so most of the time they would be with us. My oldest is a little intellectual about to be 6 year old and he loves learning and discovery, so I think all the activities would suit him as well. I do thing they will like getting dressed up for dinner and they both understand and follow good manners and behavior the majority of the time. And if for some reason they do not, we will handle it.

This cruise has the perfect ports we were looking for and with the kids sailing free promo plus the all the promos being offered for drinks, gratuities, etc, it is the best deal for our budget as well. I will be booking tonight! There is no place I would rather be then sailing off into the sunset! Cheers! Thanks again!

Caroline

My cruise experience on Celebrity has found far less issues with the behavior of children then with the boorish behavior of adults.

I have yet to see a child:

So inebriated that he/she is unable to walk.

Berate a cruise ship employee.

Shove themselves into an already full elevator.

Save an entire row of poolside loungers for friends/family members who oft times never show up until the afternoon.

Respect should be mutual.....

Absolutely!!!! Well said.

If you wish to pay for an exclusive vacation by all means do so. If not just remember that the family that is irritating you a) paid the same fare as you and b) is not all that pleased with your disdainful behaviour.

How would it sound on these boards if old people were constantly criticized and told to look elsewhere because they weren't wanted on board.

And then there are those who miss their greats or grands and dote over the little ones or just smile with pleasant thoughts from their past.

Are you implying that children are only permitted on Celebrity during school holidays, or are just not on board except during holidays? Either way, you are incorrect.

All of our Celebrity cruises have been while school is in session and have been between 7-14 days in length and children have been around on all of them.

Say what you wish, and as consistently as you desire, but it will not make your statements accurate.

I've said the exact same thing to Norwegian. it does not sink in.

Thank you all for the encouragement! I actually think this is going to be a perfect fit for us despite the few cranky people who don't want kids around. :p

My children have been on 2 Disney Cruises and while we loved it, I think there is a sense of sensory overload. My youngest was almost 3 on our last one and the big children's club was loud and big and overwhelming for her. But if you have a smaller environment where someone will play with her or let her do crafts and color! Now we are talking, she would be thrilled. And we do not leave our children for long periods of time anywhere, so most of the time they would be with us. My oldest is a little intellectual about to be 6 year old and he loves learning and discovery, so I think all the activities would suit him as well. I do thing they will like getting dressed up for dinner and they both understand and follow good manners and behavior the majority of the time. And if for some reason they do not, we will handle it.

This cruise has the perfect ports we were looking for and with the kids sailing free promo plus the all the promos being offered for drinks, gratuities, etc, it is the best deal for our budget as well. I will be booking tonight! There is no place I would rather be then sailing off into the sunset! Cheers! Thanks again!

Caroline

From what you describe, I think Celebrity will be a great fit for you. As I've said repeatedly on this site, every child is different and has different wants/needs/expectations from a holiday. it stands to reason that the parent who enjoys Celebrity will have children who will also enjoy celebrity.

We too enjoyed our two Disney cruises. We were booked on Fantasy before we embarked Dream. Dream was enough. We contemplated cancelling Fantasy but decided to see it through. It was a great experience and we have many wonderful pictures and memories of those cruises, but it's not a vacation experience we need to repeat.