I keep missing the towel animals by the pool

Out of Iowa

They usually do this the last port day of each cruise. Hopefully you will catch it next time. You can always call guest services from your room and ask them when they have it planned for your cruise. It really is a must-see. So stinking adorable!!!! These people are beyond creative!

We just saw this for the first time on our Pride cruise last week. OMG! Everyone that walked onto the Lido deck had a huge smile!!!

On this cruise the animals appeared on the third to last day of the cruise. We were in Nassau from 11 - 8. They made announcements about it over the intercom encouraging people to come to the lido and check it out. I would have been so sad to have missed it.

It was set up for quite awhile. We saw it at 7:30 and it was still up around 10:30.

The crew on our last cruise was quite creative with the towel animal display up on Lido. They made an alligator that was about 5 feet long and an octopus was created with the blue pool towels!

I believe it was on the second to last day of the cruise (7-day cruise).

Edited by georgiacruizer

It was set up for quite awhile. We saw it at 7:30 and it was still up around 10:30.

Probably a dumb question, but with the towel animals on all the lounges, are the guests not supposed to disturb them? What if you had planned to stay on the ship this day? Can you still use the loungers or are they off limits until the display is removed?

I asked our room steward when they would be doing this. She told me she never knows until the night before, but that she would let me know.

Ture to her word, she stopped us in the hall and showed us the towel animals she was making for the next morning. We went up to the pool around 7:30am and it was like a towel zoo! I'll never miss it again.

Probably a dumb question, but with the towel animals on all the lounges, are the guests not supposed to disturb them? What if you had planned to stay on the ship this day? Can you still use the loungers or are they off limits until the display is removed?

They collected them mid-morning on the Splendor when we were on her a few weeks ago. But, you could remove ones from loungers if you were going to use them that early in the morning. The animals won't bite and they are not chair hogs.

Not a dumb question. I wondered that too. They were EVERYWHERE! In the pool, on the tables, on every lounger. I'm sure it would have been ok to make one or two of the animals share a seat. However....NO ONE DID! They happily sat on their perches until the crew told them it was time to go.

I've been on about 18 cruises and I've never seen it either.

Maybe I'll catch it one day.

I'm like you - 153 Carnival sea days and didn't even know about this. When I board and meet my cabin steward for the first time, I instruct him /her NOT to leave any towel critters in my room. Just not interested.

Every one else enjoy!

Hi all!

I guess I've been lucky as I've only done 3 Carnival cruises & seen the towels animals twice. I too saw them on the tv then ran up.

Here's a picture or 3 (if I do it properly).

[ATTACH]363917[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]363918[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]363919[/ATTACH]

~ Jo ~ :)

I am luckier - haven't seen them at all! Yeah, no towel animals......not for me

Some people do move them, but then they are subjected to the towel animal lovers swarming all around them oooing and ahhing over how cute the animals are and of course those of us with cameras capturing the towel animals from all angles. You can see there are a only a few on the loungers. These are from the Freedom 12-13-14.

IMG_0234_zps9b1b7a61.jpg

IMG_0236_zpsc2d5c453.jpg

IMG_0272_zps7d56b80d.jpg