Hurricane Joaquin

Mr. Blonde

I had a legitimate question. Having another user wag their finger at me for not booking a flight the day before did nothing to actually answer my question. Further it annoyed me that the user was so presumptuous as to assume that I had the ability to fly in the day before rather than simply taking the facts as they were presented.

Thank you for mentioning this. I agree. The robotic answer "fly in a day early" often makes the assumption that a person has the ability and finances to do so. There are job constraints and previous commitments that often make this difficult if not impossible.

The weather predictions (rain, rain rain) for the Southeast US is not looking good for travel. While the Florida departures may have no issue, folks who fly from or through the Southeast US, (think Charlotte, Atlanta, Raleigh) could have travel issues or delays. My area of the state is forecasted to have a much as 22 inches ( yes 22") of rain through Monday.

Good luck to all who are traveling this weekend.

M

The weather predictions (rain, rain rain) for the Southeast US is not looking good for travel. While the Florida departures may have no issue, folks who fly from or through the Southeast US, (think Charlotte, Atlanta, Raleigh) could have travel issues or delays. My area of the state is forecasted to have a much as 22 inches ( yes 22") of rain through Monday....

Good luck to you Marci, hoping for no major issues.

If you are making connections through Charlotte, we are predicted to have 6 to 10 inches of rain here. As of right now we have just been having a light drizzly rain today so far, but we have been having rain here for over a week now.

Edited by bigque

Well we are leaving Jersey tomorrow and HOPEFULLY heading to Bermuda and not Canada. Does anyone know if the itinerary does change if we would know BEFORE boarding? I am so confused as to what to pack :confused: I have everything from bathing suits to Ugg boots. I will definitely need to pack more heavier clothing if we are for sure heading to Canada. Talk about over packing!!:eek: Even if I didn't want too, it would be impossible this trip!!

Good luck to you Marci, hoping for no major issues.

Thanks Bob. We have a new roof ( and a new kitchen ceiling because of the leak in the old roof) so we'll keep our fingers crossed that it was installed properly. Our house sits on a higher part of the neighborhood so I think we'll be fine.

Thanks again

Marci

Edited - Hey thanks for the dining email address. I sent a message and it appears we were changed to late dining.

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

Well we are leaving Jersey tomorrow and HOPEFULLY heading to Bermuda and not Canada. Does anyone know if the itinerary does change if we would know BEFORE boarding? I am so confused as to what to pack :confused: I have everything from bathing suits to Ugg boots. I will definitely need to pack more heavier clothing if we are for sure heading to Canada. Talk about over packing!!:eek: Even if I didn't want too, it would be impossible this trip!!

In August we were changed from Eastern to Western Caribbean and found out about 9 pm the evening prior to sailing. Of course that requires no change in packing. At breakfast we ran into to some fellow passengers who did not check email and had no clue of the change. They would have learned about the switch when boarding.

good luck

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

It will be interesting to see where they go. The storm's predicted path, heading north towards Canada between The US and Bermuda sometime between Sunday and Tuesday, seems to leave little room to maneuver. Maybe you'd cruise the Long Island Sound. ;)

Anyone knows if the actual Oasis cruise itinerary was changed due to the hurricane?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So far I think the only itinerary change has been for Enchantment. Rather than Nassau she'll call on Freeport tomorrow. That's as of 10:00 AM this morning, any way. I've not seen anything on how Oasis or Majesty will be effected on Sunday.

Maybe you'd cruise the Long Island Sound. ;)

I just had a mental image of the Liberty of the Seas boating around in circles in the Upper Bay.

"This is the Captain speaking. Due to an itinerary change, our next port of call will be Newark. Have fun!"

It will be interesting to see where they go. The storm's predicted path, heading north towards Canada between The US and Bermuda sometime between Sunday and Tuesday, seems to leave little room to maneuver. Maybe you'd cruise the Long Island Sound. ;)

They could cruise south along the east coast and then east to Bermuda.

My experience was we stayed at the dock and left the next day for Bermuda.

Edited by Charles4515

If you are making connections through Charlotte, we are predicted to have 6 to 10 inches of rain here. As of right now we have just been having a light drizzly rain today so far, but we have been having rain here for over a week now.

Mike, Flying out of CLT tomorrow morning to MCO and hoping I can get there for my FOS cruise on Sunday. I had to change my flight time yesterday and US Airways charged me an additional $473 in change fees on top of the already high flight cost. Oh well..!! Now I just wonder where we will be heading instead of Eastern Caribbean. Stay safe everyone that are in the path of this hurricane.

New itinerary update from RCI's page. Liberty will not call on Bermuda but will instead go to St. John, NB.

Somewhat encouraging for me and other Oasis cruisers is that Norwegian Sky won't call on Great Stirrup Cay on Saturday but will instead go to Nassau on Sunday morning. If NCL's going to Nassau on Sunday then it stands to reason there's a shot Oasis will make it too.

Edited by garnetpalmetto

I wonder if RC will provide a discount?

According to the e-mail we received, we're getting OBC which, if unused, will be refunded to us.

Considering Bermuda is now under a Tropical Storm Warning and Hurricane Watch, I'm not sure it would be a very good destination anyway right now.

Edited by Tunkhannock

According to the e-mail we received, we're getting OBC which, if unused, will be refunded to us.

Considering Bermuda is now under a Tropical Storm Warning and Hurricane Watch, I'm not sure it would be a very good destination anyway right now.

I am sorry to hear that your cruise is not going as planned, but I am happy to see that you are taking it in stride. I hope you have an amazing time.

I am sorry to hear that your cruise is not going as planned, but I am happy to see that you are taking it in stride. I hope you have an amazing time.

While I won't lie and say we're not disappointed, it's certainly not anybody's fault that a hurricane decided to roar past really close to our scheduled destination.

When life gives you lemons, you make Canadian lemonade, right? :cool: