Summit - Thanksgiving Week with Children

Heartfelttraveler

Something I used to do for my kids at the beach and on my back deck when they were 6-18 months or so was to use a small blow-up pool, fill it with an inch or two of water and sit them in there with a few toys, etc. Don't know why you couldn't do this so long as you set it up out of anyone's way:D

Trying to decide on whether or not to keep this booking. It is a great itinerary with five port days. We are four cabins. Our married children with children have two family verandas on deck seven. My unmarried daughter has an S1 next to us on deck six. We have a very large deck with a hot tub. I am thinking we can hang out on our deck and the four grands can play in the hot tub some of the time. Only one grandchild is a toddler. Thanks for your information.

The only ships that I know of that have a splash pool specifically for toddlers in swim diapers are the Allure and Oasis (RCL).

This splash pool is in the kids zone swimming area and there are low dividers separating it from the rest of the zone.

When my son was little I once took him into the pool on a celebrity cruise and boy some passengers went crazy towards me - yelling at me and such. So just be prepared.:)

To the OP:

Nobody is going to bother you unless you are in an adult pool or your child was wearing a diaper which is forbidden and common sense not to be done.

The sign at the pool says no kids in diapers allowed in pool.On a recent trip a couple had their baby in the pool.After repeated people asked then to remove the child and them refusing the captain was called.They were put off the ship in San Juan.....

According to USA health regulations no babies/toddlers in diapers allowed in the pools

When my son was little I once took him into the pool on a celebrity cruise and boy some passengers went crazy towards me - yelling at me and such. So just be prepared.:)

You were probably yelled at because passengers knew it is against the rules for non-toilet trained children to be in pools. I was once on a cruise where a parent refused to follow the rules and the baby pooped in the pool and it had to be closed for nearly two days for cleaning and disinfecting. Did not make for happy cruisers.

Trying to decide on whether or not to keep this booking. It is a great itinerary with five port days. We are four cabins. Our married children with children have two family verandas on deck seven. My unmarried daughter has an S1 next to us on deck six. We have a very large deck with a hot tub. I am thinking we can hang out on our deck and the four grands can play in the hot tub some of the time. Only one grandchild is a toddler. Thanks for your information.

I do not have experience with the hot tubs on ship balconies but I do own one at home. All of the safety guidelines say that toddlers should never be in a hot tub because they can overheat very easily. Older kids should limit their use to 5 minutes if the water is really hot (104 is the hottest setting) and no more than 15 minutes if the water is on the cooler setting (around 98 degrees). Some guidelines recommend that they don't do full immersion (chest below water) but sit on one of the jump seats instead (I'm not sure if these balcony tubs have those).

Awesome, now in addition to dodging other passengers on crowded sea days by the pool, we can look forward to tripping over baby pools all over the place, since I'm seeing this recommended regularly on here now. :mad: I'm sorry but I think putting a baby pool on a balcony deck so a baby can "swim" is also just ridiculous...

Edited by uglybutgoodbakery

We have a pool and hot tub at home. We let the grands play in it without heating it up or turning on the jets. We can do that onboard. Also, on the ship the hot tub is emptied when not in use.

I want to state that the hot tub on the ship we will be using is our own private balcony hot tub. It will not affect anyone else's cruise experience unless they choose to look down on our deck.

Awesome, now in addition to dodging other passengers on crowded sea days by the pool, we can look forward to tripping over baby pools all over the place, since I'm seeing this recommended regularly on here now. :mad: I'm sorry but I think putting a baby pool on a balcony deck so a baby can "swim" is also just ridiculous...

I have only seen one person do this and it was a small rectangular deal that fit nicely between chairs so no one was disturbed or tripping over it. I don't think you will see tons of them. I have heard about this trick for at least 5 years but only saw one on crowded family sailings. The parents sat on either side. As far as pool on a balcony, sounds like a great idea. Not in anyone's way, but the parents can still get sun and relax too.

I have only seen one person do this and it was a small rectangular deal that fit nicely between chairs so no one was disturbed or tripping over it. I don't think you will see tons of them. I have heard about this trick for at least 5 years but only saw one on crowded family sailings. The parents sat on either side. As far as pool on a balcony, sounds like a great idea. Not in anyone's way, but the parents can still get sun and relax too.

I agree that it'd be relaxing for parents/but how do you dump the water from the pool out, if not by throwing it off the balcony when you're done....because isn't it prohibited to throw anything overboard off of a balcony? And f that's the case, I don't want to be in the balconies below getting dumped on....

Is there a pool to take a toddler in wearing swimmy diaper? (I do not want opinions of whether you want children on your cruise or not.) What I want to know is if I can take him in the pool with me. I am looking for personal experiences on Celebrity Summit.

Thanks.

No it's not. On any cruise line .

I agree that it'd be relaxing for parents/but how do you dump the water from the pool out, if not by throwing it off the balcony when you're done....because isn't it prohibited to throw anything overboard off of a balcony? And f that's the case, I don't want to be in the balconies below getting dumped on....

Well I understand some use a sand pail to then empty it into their shower. They are rather small blow up tubs. They could be carried too. They are not big like a true baby pool. The blow up tubs can fit on a kitten counter next to a sink.