Soda and more package

lbfluffy

Does this package include bottled water? It doesn't say that it does under the description. The all inclusive beverage plan says it does, but I don't want to spend that much on a plan we won't use to our advantage.

They are stopping the bringing on of beverages... was a huge article about it. No more bottled water or cases of sodas allowed... they caught on to the hiding booze in the bottles. You can buy cases of water onboard according to article I read...

They are stopping the bringing on of beverages... was a huge article about it. No more bottled water or cases of sodas allowed... they caught on to the hiding booze in the bottles. You can buy cases of water onboard according to article I read...

Curious... I saw an article very similar to the one you mention however I believe it was for the Carnival Brand only. Was Princess apart of that conversation as well?

It was a HUGE issue on the Carnival boards.

Curious... I saw an article very similar to the one you mention however I believe it was for the Carnival Brand only. Was Princess apart of that conversation as well?

It was a HUGE issue on the Carnival boards.

Hmmm.. now I am not 100% sure... have to go find that article... thought they said Carnival Corporation... not just CCL brand.

Hmmm.. now I am not 100% sure... have to go find that article... thought they said Carnival Corporation... not just CCL brand.

Another reason I love the AIBP on Princess. Far better deal than the Cheers Package on Carnival.

We used to "lug" a case of bottled water on board with us. Now, no need to do so.

I seriously doubt it would have said "Carnival Corporation" as policies such as booze, beverage packages, etc. are completely separate by brand. Carnival Corporation recently announced that the WiFi capabilities for all of their brands were being updated... but that's hardware, not a policy. Each brand is managed separately. Edited by Pam in CA

I seriously doubt it would have said "Carnival Corporation" as policies such as booze, beverage packages, etc. are completely separate by brand. Carnival Corporation recently announced that the WiFi capabilities for all of their brands were being updated... but that's hardware, not a policy. Each brand is managed separately.

Good point

I seriously doubt it would have said "Carnival Corporation" as policies such as booze, beverage packages, etc. are completely separate by brand. Carnival Corporation recently announced that the WiFi capabilities for all of their brands were being updated... but that's hardware, not a policy. Each brand is managed separately.

Yes, that was Carnival Cruise Lines.

However, the current Princess "Cruise Answer Book" says the following

"Liquor, spirits, beer, bottled water and canned or bottled soda are not permitted. Please remember that luggage will be scanned and alcohol or any beverages outside of our policy will be removed and discarded."

"Liquor, spirits, beer, bottled water and canned or bottled soda are not permitted. Please remember that luggage will be scanned and alcohol or any beverages outside of our policy will be removed and discarded."

Darn! There goes my Pepsi. :(

This has to be new... how sad....

This has to be new... how sad....

It does not seem to be anything that is enforced.

There has been no official announcement.

It is not in the Q&A on the Princess web site.

Only mention of it is in the Cruise Answer Book.

The announcement can't be too far.... now, I wish Princess would figure out a way to catch the rumrunners!

Thankfully that's not the wording in the Cruise Passage for my upcoming cruise.

I contacted Princess about the Cruise Answer Book statement asking if that's a preview of pending changes. They said they'd get back to me with an answer however that's been over 2 weeks now without an answer. It should be a simple yes or no and to me their lack of an answer leads me to believe that the CAB is a preview of Princess having the same policy as Carnival that prohibits water & soda. :mad:

Their lack of an answer leads me to believe that the CAB is a preview of Princess having the same policy as Carnival that prohibits water & soda. :mad:

Carnival's policy prohibits only bottles of soda and water. Passengers can still each bring up to 12 cans of soda on board Carnival ships.

Edited by caribill

Will they make almost any drink as a moctail or do they have just special ones? Thinking about getting this package for my elderly mother. Thanks

The easiest one for them to make is a martini....and empty glass with only an olive in it.....and a G&T is pretty simple, too:D:D:D

The easiest one for them to make is a martini....and empty glass with only an olive in it.....and a G&T is pretty simple, too:D:D:D

Great! Lol

I was thinking like a virgin margarita. Would they make that for her?

Great! Lol

I was thinking like a virgin margarita. Would they make that for her?

Not sure....hard to replace the tequila and Cointreau/TripleSec favours without just making it a lime with salt drink....but no harm in asking.