Drinks $11-$15

thatjoeguy

That big raise in the drink price limit most likely precedes a significant rise in bar prices (AGAIN!). Even when RCCL and Celebrity similary raised the price of their premium alcohol packages, the drink price limit still stayed at $13.

If you could get the new price for Don Julio 1942 that would be awesome. Thanks for anything you can provide us LMaxwell.

6&8

I'll be sure to take a walk around and see what I can find. I've gotten so much valuable info from this forum it's the least I can do.

I would love to see the prices on scotch (single malts) and sparkling wine/champagne by the glass.
Last time we sailed there was only one sparkling wine by the glass, Villa Sandi Prosecco ($9.95). Someone on another thread mentioned Veuve Clicquot champagne by the glass at Le Bistro for around $15, but I don't know if this is available by the glass outside of Le Bistro.

As for single malts, Glenfiddich is listed at $9.50 a shot, the Macallan and Glenmorangie are on the menu but "ask your server for pricing", and some bars may have additional selections that are not mentioned on the menu.

If you could get the new price for Don Julio 1942 that would be awesome. Thanks for anything you can provide us LMaxwell.

6&8

I am curious as to what state you are in, and what the price on land is for you where you are at.

Reason being is I know on land around here I pay anywhere from $20-$30 per shot of 1942. So are you just curious to give yourself an idea as to how much you would end up paying after the UBP pays the first $15?

6&8

I can't find the thread now, but I was told about six weeks ago that Don Julio 1942 was going for $11.50 (yes, I know that price is like stealing it). So basically it will cost you 50 cents each time you order it. I'm sailing the Dawn in a couple of weeks, and will definitely order it, so if that has changed I'll post.

Edited by calmpets
additional comments

I can't find the thread now, but I was told about six weeks ago that Don Julio 1942 was going for $11.50 (yes, I know that price is like stealing it).

:eek:

I can see that price for a regular blanco, or reposado DJ, but that would be like stealing for 1942

I think he saw the blanco. Don't know that 1942 is available,except on Below Deck.

Haha. Love that show!!

Never had the 1942 before but I might try a shot (if I can find it) on Breakaway in 30 days :)

~Robin

Every Day at Sea is a Good Day

Edited by meatball_nyc

I think he saw the blanco. Don't know that 1942 is available,except on Below Deck.

Lol I was thinking the same thing when i read this topic. Below deck!

"I just want the 42!!"

Edited by duce95

I am curious as to what state you are in, and what the price on land is for you where you are at.

Reason being is I know on land around here I pay anywhere from $20-$30 per shot of 1942. So are you just curious to give yourself an idea as to how much you would end up paying after the UBP pays the first $15?

It was priced at 11.50 a shot on the ships. With the $11 limit it was only .50 + 18% a shot.

6&8

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, I just got back from the Dawn today, and wanted to report on my liquor findings. It's definitely true that all liquor prices have gone up, but the unlimited beverage package limit has been increased to $15. Captain & pepsi, for example, was $7.50. Cosmos made with svedka citron were $9.75ish, Crown Royal Manhattans were $10.75ish, and Don Julio 1942 has gone up to $11.95 per shot. Also, for those who drink Licor 43, it's been discontinued in the bars, but they did have a great deal on it in the gift shop ($25 for a liter bottle). Hope this helps answer some questions!

Edited by calmpets
additional info

That sounds like a totally arbitrary exclusion. :mad:

On the Jewel in mid-September, in Le Bistro, we could get Veuve and only charged the difference from the then $11 limit on the UBP to the per glass price of $15.72 - we paid $9.44 for two glasses. We were all over that!!