Pacific Aria and Eden, Are they smaller?

I was just looking over the details for the new P & O ships and noticed that the Capacity was only 1500 guests. Even the Jewel which Is the smallest of the P&O that I have been on can take 1950 people.

So does this mean the rooms may be slightly larger, or an I imagining a bigger ship and going o be let down when it's the same size as the Jewel?

I am booked on the Eden for the Comedy Cruise 4 Dec.

These two ships are small than the Jewel, about 20% smaller.

You're best off looking over the deck plans first to get a feel for what's there if the size is of a concern.

On the other hand they are a little bigger than the Pacific Sun.

As an ex HAL ship you will find the rooms quite spacious, even most of the interiors have room for a sofa and the verandah cabins are a good size. P&O don't seem to be changing the dimensions of the rooms so there will be plenty of space.

We saw HAL's Amsterdam in Fremantle when we were there in February, which is around the same size as the Eden and Aria, it was certainly a smaller ship. Looking at the deck plans they seem to include everything necessary,so I am rather looking forward to a 'small ship' experience.

Thanks for your reply's

I guess with the extra dining options, and pool in Oasis and being "new" to P&O I automatically assumed they were bigger.

Sounds more Like they are tying to have a few fancier ships for the More Adult / Mature audience.

I will make sure to check out the Kids clubs when I am on board as I have been considering the Aria for New Zealand late next year for a family trip.:rolleyes:

So does this mean the rooms may be slightly larger, or an I imagining a bigger ship and going o be let down when it's the same size as the Jewel?

I am booked on the Eden for the Comedy Cruise 4 Dec.

Hi Cinderkaos,

Can I suggest you visit halfacts.com to view the ship as it is currently. Ryndam.

I found pics of the cabin we have booked for Christmas.

The trick is to find the current deck plan with the HAL cabin numbers first so you can find the cabin pics of your cabin. Yes, P&O have re-numbered the ship to suit their system.

Hope this helps.

Edited by macntosh

I always do a wikipedia search to check out the size of cruise ships. Those ships are small. Both a bit over 55,000 GT. Jewel is just under 70,000 GT. Doesn't mean they will not be good to cruise on. Best that you know the size though and do not feel let down. A short comedy cruise sounds like a lot of fun. Hope you enjoy it.

I always do a wikipedia search to check out the size of cruise ships. Those ships are small. Both a bit over 55,000 GT. Jewel is just under 70,000 GT. Doesn't mean they will not be good to cruise on. Best that you know the size though and do not feel let down. A short comedy cruise sounds like a lot of fun. Hope you enjoy it.

Where as to me 55T is at least medium.

As far as size goes I think both ships are the ideal size for our waters. They will be able to get in , and dock , at more ports than the big ships and they wont deposit hordes of passengers who could easily swamp some of our smaller towns.

Where as to me 55T is at least medium.

I'm not keen to go on Vision class on RCI any more, with Legend being about 70k and Rhapsody at about 79k, so my measure of medium is around 90k. :) The stability of Solstice and Voyager class ships is high on my priority list. As well as the bigger range of food choices. It is not that the smaller sizes are not great, it is just different personal preferences. :)

I'm not keen to go on Vision class on RCI any more, with Legend being about 70k and Rhapsody at about 79k, so my measure of medium is around 90k. :) The stability of Solstice and Voyager class ships is high on my priority list. As well as the bigger range of food choices. It is not that the smaller sizes are not great, it is just different personal preferences. :)

No arguments about it being "whatever floats your boat".

And I freely admit that for us it is probably that we started cruising on the 30t Pacific Princess and loved the ports it could get into and that with under 700 on board you could get to meet a high % of your fellow cruisers. I found them friendlier again probably because of the intimacy.

The only Foid choice we didn't get on PP would have been ATD can't see anything else on Diamond that I couldn't get back then.

I am really Looking forward to the cruise, as it will be Edens 2nd voyage with P&O so I am expecting it all to be shinny and new. :D

Maybe I will get into Salt Grill on this ship as there are more fancy dining options the regulars will want to go try.

My last short cruise Salt was Booked out by 1pm Embarkation day.

I am really Looking forward to the cruise, as it will be Edens 2nd voyage with P&O so I am expecting it all to be shinny and new. :D

Maybe I will get into Salt Grill on this ship as there are more fancy dining options the regulars will want to go try.

My last short cruise Salt was Booked out by 1pm Embarkation day.

Good luck, I would book the restaurant early in any case.:D