FCC question

sonomaphil

We find ourselves without any FCC's but are interested in a spring cruise. We'll be on the CB in a month or so time and will buy more.

Question: If I book the spring cruise now and pay the deposit without FCC's can I apply my newly acquired FCC's in a month or so there by getting the OBC? Don't need a refund of the deposit, I just want the OBC.

And this is a FCD the OP is talking about. You buy a FCD on board, not a FCC.

True but for as long as I've participated on CC the terms "FCC" deposit and "FCD" have been interchangeable and it was obvious that the OP asked about getting OBC.

Edited by Astro Flyer

if you cancel out to get the OBC you might lose your cabin and if there's a wait list for the cruise you could lose your cruise too so is it worth the risk

You would also have to pay the then current price for the cabin. This may be more than you booked for.

FCD = Future Cruise Deposit

FCC = Future Cruise Certificate

When you pay an FCD, you get a FCC

Bill, FCC is actually a Future Cruise Credit (per My Princess).

And technically, a FCD is one type of a FCC (as you indicate).

Another example of a FCC occurs as a result of a cancelled cruise where customer gets a credit to apply to a future booking. Or say they took a move-over offer from Princess that resulted in a credit on account.

Right? ;)

Edited by steelers36

You use the FCD (to which is attached the FCC) as a deposit on the cruise.

Why don't you go ahead and book then onboard talk to the person at the Future Cruise desk and see if they can attach the credit to your cruise. If not, they can tell you if it's worth cancelling and rebooking. If you hate wasting vacation at the desk (I do!) book now and call when you get home.

The price you get now may be better than the one you get with FCC attached later.