Liberty to Bermuda 10/3/15

fdthird

St John NB is a cool place to visit. Depending on the weather, you can make your way up Water Street, right on King Street to Old City Market, Trinity Angelican Cathedral, King Square.... OR Better Yet, get a ticket for the Hop On Hop Off Double Decker Bus. You'll be there all day so make your First Stop at the Reversing Falls.......Check it out and if you have time you can then go back again later to see. OH! And there's a Zip Line at the Falls for the adventurous. Downtown you can check out Moosehead Brewery. Enjoy what St John has to offer and Bon Voyage! Bring a pair of gloves.

Oh, no! Sorry to hear this, I'd be pretty bummed if I thought I wasn easing to warmth and then re- routed to Canada. It's one thing to getreroutedntodifferent islands or or ports but a whole different thing to go from a warm weather, island cruise to a cool weather cruise. Yikes!

My son who works on the ship texted me that they just did.

fdthird -

You son is a member of the enterainment staff on the Liberty?

Do you send mail to him & if so do you send it via of the offices in Miami, 2100 Carebbean way? What is the standard length of time for mail to reach him? I have a girl friend working on the Liberty dinning room staff (cafe). I have mailed a phone to her it was in Miami Sept. 21st. she still has not conatacted me thus I do not know if she has received it of yet. Next is if she has received it does your son always have phone service while in USA ports. I have not her from her in an extended period of time. would like to get word to her to contact me if she has gotten the phone or not. Perhaps he could contact her.

Scott

Sorry to hear....I wouldn't mind being re-routed, but to somewhere else warm...Bermuda vs Saint John is not even close. Weather is usually cold, rainy, foggy...might be lucky if it hits 60..morning and evening will be closer to 45

We just got off of the Liberty (9 day Canada/NE) this morning. The sports deck (flow rider etc) has been closed for the past 2 days as well, we were not allowed on outer decks related to high winds and ocean swells! I do hope the weather improves for you all....it has been a VERY rough past few days at sea since leaving Boston on Thursday evening!

Sorry to hear....I wouldn't mind being re-routed, but to somewhere else warm...Bermuda vs Saint John is not even close. Weather is usually cold, rainy, foggy...might be lucky if it hits 60..morning and evening will be closer to 45

Unfortunately when a cruise is only 5 nights and its leaving from NJ, there really isn't much choice. About the only place south she could get to would be Port Canaveral and even THAT would be a stretch with good weather, never mind fighting the seas churned up as the hurricane makes its way north.

Cruising from NJ/NY does not provide a lot of options unless you are cruising for 8-9 or more days.

Yea, I'm pretty sure you're right. That's why I asked if it's the only stop.

Yes, they are only going to one port. They are getting excellent OBC though. I saw on another thread that insides and oceanviews are gettting $500, balconies $800 and suites $1200. If it is not used, it will be refunded at the end of the cruise. Not bad for a 5 night cruise.

If you cancel, they are refunding port fees, taxes, gratuities and prepaid excursions plus issuing a 50% future cruise credit. Really not that bad for someone who didn't buy insurance.

Yes, they are only going to one port. They are getting excellent OBC though. I saw on another thread that insides and oceanviews are gettting $500, balconies $800 and suites $1200. If it is not used, it will be refunded at the end of the cruise. Not bad for a 5 night cruise.

If you cancel, they are refunding port fees, taxes, gratuities and prepaid excursions plus issuing a 50% future cruise credit. Really not that bad for someone who didn't buy insurance.

Not a bad deal at all.

I feel sorry for those folks on the Liberty. A cruise to Bermuda is not even close to Canada.

Hopefully there will be quite a few cruisers will go on the cruise leaving tomorrow. If you cancel they are giving a nice package. It's hard to not be very optimistic when your whole vacation changed last minute.

Edited by cincicruisers

People can be as disappointed as they like, but this is an issue they need to take up with Mother Nature. I'm sure RCI did the best job they could and they are giving incredible OBC to make up for something that is not under their control. Look at the weather forecast for Bermuda for Monday and Tuesday....not where I'd want to be!

People can be as disappointed as they like, but this is an issue they need to take up with Mother Nature. I'm sure RCI did the best job they could and they are giving incredible OBC to make up for something that is not under their control. Look at the weather forecast for Bermuda for Monday and Tuesday....not where I'd want to be!

Agreed!!!! Looking at the Bermuda web cam and they are starting to get pummeled.

Bermuda: Hurricane Warning in Effect for Island as Joaquin Approaches

The hurricane, previously downgraded to a Category 3, has been upgraded to a Category 4 again and is expected to pass near Bermuda on Sunday, forecasters said.