Premium Coffee

That may make me get the Royal Replenish package! :)

Is the coffee served in the Cafe Promenade?

Yes, well depending on the ship. For ships that don't have cafe promenade, it will be served in Lattetudes. We were on grandeur last year and had the royal replenish package, and really took advantage of the specialty coffee offered at Lattetudes. It was really good and something I would love to do again.

Prices are probably higher now.

Just a bit more- on the Jewel a few days ago a Mocha Tall was $3.50 and an Americano Grande was $2.75 (before tax & gratuity).

We considered getting the Royal Replenish package, but instead brought individual flavored creamers (Coffeemate's Italian Sweet Cream) for our regular (free) coffee. Even with purchasing a few specialty coffees, ginger ales, frozen daquiris, and wine, we came out ahead with a beverage bill of less than $45. Worked for us anyway, the packages would have cost a total of $280 (at $20/day p.p)!

IMO, the "Premium" is as bitter and strong as the included coffee..... cappuchinos, lattes, etc...are considered "premiums.

Do you mean that you find the espresso to be bitter and strong? Or you feel that there's some other coffee included in the package?

If you're having a latte and it's bitter despite all the milk, maybe have them remake it?

Just a bit more- on the Jewel a few days ago a Mocha Tall was $3.50 and an Americano Grande was $2.75 (before tax & gratuity).

We considered getting the Royal Replenish package, but instead brought individual flavored creamers (Coffeemate's Italian Sweet Cream) for our regular (free) coffee. Even with purchasing a few specialty coffees, ginger ales, frozen daquiris, and wine, we came out ahead with a beverage bill of less than $45. Worked for us anyway, the packages would have cost a total of $280 (at $20/day p.p)!

Venti Cafe Mocha on the Jewel was $5.97 including tip.

Venti Cafe Mocha on the Jewel was $5.97 including tip.

My Tall Cafe Mocha was $4.39 including gratuity and tax (and I added a $1 tip to that). Are they supposed to charge tax? Sometimes it was added, other times not. :confused:

My Tall Cafe Mocha was $4.39 including gratuity and tax (and I added a $1 tip to that). Are they supposed to charge tax? Sometimes it was added, other times not. :confused:

They will charge tax when they are in port if they are required to by that particular port. I can't find the slip for my Venti, I can't find my camera that has the pictures of the menu either so not sure if mine had tax or not. We unpacked from our trip and then my DH left on a business trip so I am hoping they are still in one of the bags he grabbed. Once I find them, I will post the breakdown.

He had the replenishment package even though our cruise was the 8 night repositioning cruise with only one sea day. He probably broke even and will get it again as he liked having the fresh squeezed juice each morning and his mochas. I would only consider it if we had a lot of sea days.

They would add tax if in a US port. There is also VAT tax if sailing on some itineraries in Europe.

They will charge tax when they are in port if they are required to by that particular port.

They would add tax if in a US port. There is also VAT tax if sailing on some itineraries in Europe.

Thank you both for your replies, I appreciate it! :)