Cruise Critic Editors Announce Best of...For Cruising

Cruseforme

I will see that you receive the answers to the above Editors Picks questions next week.

I will also nab a statement about our editors and how they cruise.

In the meantime stop the insinuations about lying or the integrity of our staff. That is totally unfair, unfounded and quite frankly unnecessary.

Laura

Thank you Laura very much. I really appreciate all the hard work you and your colleagues do for all of us in the cruising community.

Thanks for your response to this. I certainly hope your last statement was a blanket statement in general to some of the responses to this thread, as I can't see where I've done any of those things. If it appears I did please point it out to me, as that was never the intent of my post.

It was a blanket statement, not directed toward you personally

I don't pretend to know how the results are reached, I don't know if they are biased, accurate or inaccurate, but I do know I am ashamed of some of the comments I have read on this thread. Many from people whose opinions I normally respect. Which starts me wondering, are they in some way .... influenced? Just asking. And just joking.

I don't pretend to know how the results are reached, I don't know if they are biased, accurate or inaccurate, but I do know I am ashamed of some of the comments I have read on this thread. Many from people whose opinions I normally respect. Which starts me wondering, are they in some way .... influenced? Just asking. And just joking.

Joking? I think not. Some of these people should get off their high horses and respect those with whom we disagree............... just like politics

• Administrators

As promised:

"Thanks for your comments and interest in the awards. To clarify a bit, Cruise Critic's Editors' Picks Awards are chosen by our team of a dozen editors -- with insight from our extended team of seasoned cruise contributors as well -- and are based on their first-hand cruise experience and extensive coverage of the industry. The winners are lines that stand out over the past year in the categories named, and while quality is certainly a big part of the award criteria, our editors are also looking for new innovations, programs and experiences that help to push the needle as well.

For additional insight on our editorial policies, you can review our full editorial disclaimer here: Editorial Disclaimer

While Cruise Critic's Editors' Picks Awards are chosen exclusively by our editors, your opinions and feedback are invaluable to us. Our Cruisers' Choice Awards, which come out in February, are based entirely on the first-hand feedback from our members who have submitted reviews on Cruise Critic."

If you want *your* cruise voice heard, I encourage you all to submit a review for publication on Cruise Critic. During the process you'll be able to rate individual aspects of your cruise -- plus we've just added the capability to include cruise photos (and you know what they say about photos saying a 1,000 words!). It adds such depth to your review, as our member revies aren't just about a ship -- it is about your entire cruise experience on board.

Write a Review

Laura