Requesting CCL Shareholder OBC, a Test

MarshDwellers

Cruisers have reported various successes/failures in requesting Shareholder OBC, I thought I would conduct a test and see what the response would be.

First the ground rules: There are three cruises, 2 in Nov (7 day and 14 day)and 1 in Dec (21 day), all past final payment. The requests were faxed to Holland America, during their normal working hours, with proof of stock attached. In addition to Name, Booking Number, Ship and Date, a specific request was included for Email confirmation with Email address specified. The requests were faxed individually approximately ten minutes apart.

Within 30 minutes, I received Email confirmation from Holland America of the 14 and 21 day cruises. About 3 hours later, I received an Email from my TA updating the 14 day cruise to include the $250 OBC. I have never, in 40+ cruises, had a TA update a booking for Shareholder OBC before. We usually had to call the TA who would then call Holland America to confirm. This was a pleasant surprise.

In summary, 2 of the 3 requests were quickly confirmed by Holland America and 1 of my cruises was updated by my TA.

I will wait for a few days then ping the system and see what is the status.

This was posted just for information to those who may be interested.

I don't know what you mean by "ping the system" but if you booked direct with HAL, within 24 hours you can see your OBC on the booking summary. If you booked with a TA, I don't think you can see that page.

I recently also had a quick turn around being notified by email that the Shareholder OBC was posted.

I've never had an issue.

I fax the appropriate spot with my proof and there is confirmation to me by email within 2 hours most times and my TA emails me confirmation of my OBC

It's a pretty simple process, at least it has been for me.

I've never had an issue.

I fax the appropriate spot with my proof and there is confirmation to me by email within 2 hours most times and my TA emails me confirmation of my OBC

It's a pretty simple process, at least it has been for me.

OP..Not sure I understand the reason for your test..

As Kazu, I've never had an issue & I've never heard of anyone on this board having problems either.. Why would anyone report a failure if they followed procedure?

I send in my request including all pertinent Info with a copy of our brokerage statement and within a couple of hours always have an e-mail confirming it.. If you booked your cruise with a Travel Agent you will not see the OBC on your HAL record..

Only those who book directly with HAL will be abele to see it on their on-line record, but we always take our confirmation e-mail with us, just in case..

Enjoy your cruises..

Edited by serendipity1499

op..not sure i understand the reason for your test..

As kazu, i've never had an issue & i've never heard of anyone on this board having problems either.. Why would anyone report a failure if they followed procedure?

I send in my request including all pertinent info with a copy of our brokerage statement and within a couple of hours always have an e-mail confirming it.. If you booked your cruise with a travel agent you will not see the obc on your hal record..

Only those who book directly with hal will be abele to see it on their on-line record, but we always take our confirmation e-mail with us, just in case..

Enjoy your cruises..

ditto!!

While there have been occasional reports of issues regarding HAL cruises and the SHB being posted and confirmed, other CCL lines seem to have more reported issues. Different offices, I suppose.

Our last submission for the SHB credit took all of 9 minutes between fax submission, posting and email confirmation. But I remember others posting about not receiving confirmations, at least seemingly long delayed confirmations, especially around the time when CCL removed the email addresses from the policy.

On another but similar note, I would be interested in knowing the breakdown of passengers, per line, who request the SHB. Do you think HAL would have a higher percentage than Carnival, Princess, Costa or Seabourn? :confused:

Edited by 0bnxshs

I've never had an issue in getting the OBC but have only once received an email confirmation, even though it's been requested every time. As long as I get the OBC, I really don't care if I receive the confirmation. Now that I book through a PCC, instead of a TA, I can see the OBC for myself.

I did have a problem this summer because they were having trouble with the connection between their FAX and notifying the office that posted credit. They were extremely nice and helpful when I talked with them on the phone. I think their problem may have lasted a couple of weeks.

Our TA takes care of sending to HAL the proof of Carnival stock holdings.

We have no need for a fax machine at home.

Naturally since our TA takes care of everything, we do not get to see shipboard credit on our reservation on HAL's site.

But our TA does send us a copy showing all the various shipboard credits that we are due.

We have never had a problem, our PCC takes care of it and sends a confirmation email lickety-split. :)

Add me to the ones who have a PCC that takes care of this. Sometimes I need to send an updated document, but that is generally all