Freestyle Coke Machines

How does the freestyle machine work, I know that Wendy's has them...but I do the drive through and have never seen one. I googled it, so I know what it is...but I am not sure how it is controlled on a ship. I buy my soda package...and then what?

Thanks

dansu

How does the freestyle machine work, I know that Wendy's has them...but I do the drive through and have never seen one. I googled it, so I know what it is...but I am not sure how it is controlled on a ship. I buy my soda package...and then what?

Thanks

dansu

You are given a "special cup" with a lid- you place the cup in a designated spot on the machine then select which soda you want- push the buttons and then enjoy. In addition, you have to wait at least 10 minutes before you can refill the cup.

Thanks

dansu

The special cup has an RFID chip that the machine reads, so you cannot use just any cup.

Thanks

dansu

You get a coke cup that has an chip in the base that activates the machine. Put the cup on the circle on the machine and then choose you flavors. You can only use the machine every 15 minutes so fill the cup up completely before you pick it up.

You are given a "special cup" with a lid- you place the cup in a designated spot on the machine then select which soda you want- push the buttons and then enjoy. In addition, you have to wait at least 10 minutes before you can refill the cup.

Do you enter a code...swipe your sail pass...how does it recognize that I purchased a soda package.

Thanks

dansu

So the cup has all my data...or just generally if I have the cup, I am presumed to have purchased a package? If it's not tied to my swipe card and thereby non-replaceable.

If you have the special cup, you can use the machine. I don't believe it has all your "data", but I'm not sure. However, they do keep track of the last time that cup was used in a machine, because you cannot use that same cup in any machine for 10-15 minutes.

If you lose the cup, they will sell you another, but I forget the price.

Edited by clarea

Royal Promenade, Windjammer, Wipeout Cafe.

Small correction on this for Oasis. Just hopped off on Saturday. They are located at Sorrento's (2), Windjammer (4, 2 on each end of the horseshoe), and one in the arcade adjacent to the Wipeout Cafe. Wipeout Cafe has soft-serve ice cream machines and Vitality Water/Juice dispensers.

FWIW, on our sailing there were chronic issues with at least one of each pair of machines being out of ice/out of order. We sailed VERY full, and had pretty rotten weather the last couple of days, which kept everyone inside. This might have contributed to the problem, but we definitely did not experience anything like that on our Allure sailing last November. And, the machines never lacked for syrup for all of the flavors, so they were being reasonably maintained from that perspective.

So...could I just take my cup to a bar, like I did on the Navigator last June (no freestyle machine) and get a soda?

Yep. Or, even easier, just flash your SeaPass card. It will have the Coca-Cola logo on it (or sticker if you don't purchase before boarding), and they will get what you need, no cup required from you.

Yep. Or, even easier, just flash your SeaPass card. It will have the Coca-Cola logo on it (or sticker if you don't purchase before boarding), and they will get what you need, no cup required from you.

Sailing Liberty this summer, and I know they have a freestyle machine. I think, although perhaps convenient, I like the bar option. Thank you!

Sailing Liberty this summer, and I know they have a freestyle machine. I think, although perhaps convenient, I like the bar option. Thank you!

From what I can tell they have not added the freestyle machines to the Liberty. Please prove me wrong.

If you have the special cup, you can use the machine. I don't believe it has all your "data", but I'm not sure. However, they do keep track of the last time that cup was used in a machine, because you cannot use that same cup in any machine for 10-15 minutes.

If you lose the cup, they will sell you another, but I forget the price.

I refilled within the 10min time frame - no problems.

They also have no data on them, I guess they are "blank" and get the date of your cruise written on when you first use it at one of the machines (so the machines have the information until when the cruise lasts).

FWIW, on our sailing there were chronic issues with at least one of each pair of machines being out of ice/out of order.

Same on my Anthem sail, one of the two machines in Windjammer was often out of ice and I learned that if that is the case the drink won't be carboneted (and therefor not drinkable at all). When I tried a different flavor I also wasn't able to refill until 30mins. Worked on all other machines...

The one in the Sea Plex had issues with the Touch Screen not working and once I came there it was also only showing a maintenance screen. Pushed "OK" Button and with a noisy "Pling" the front door opened showing me all the sirups :eek:

• 5 weeks later...
Same on my Anthem sail, one of the two machines in Windjammer was often out of ice and I learned that if that is the case the drink won't be carboneted (and therefor not drinkable at all). When I tried a different flavor I also wasn't able to refill until 30mins. Worked on all other machines...

Just want to confirm (because I just booked Anthem for January 15) - Anthem does have Freestyle machines onboard?

I had a chance to use the Freestyle machines on Freedom back in December 2013 - the biggest issue was just that the demand for the machines was greater than the number of available machines - especially at night when the machines at the WJ were unavailable, leaving only the machines on the Promenade. There was frequently spillage/overflow in front of the machine, and occasionally flavors ran out, but I never encountered an outright technical issue.

Just want to confirm (because I just booked Anthem for January 15) - Anthem does have Freestyle machines onboard?

I had a chance to use the Freestyle machines on Freedom back in December 2013 - the biggest issue was just that the demand for the machines was greater than the number of available machines - especially at night when the machines at the WJ were unavailable, leaving only the machines on the Promenade. There was frequently spillage/overflow in front of the machine, and occasionally flavors ran out, but I never encountered an outright technical issue.

We were on the recent Anthem TA. Yes, they have the Freestyle machines on board, but there are not that many of them and they were not maintained frequently enough. Too often, they were totally empty, or many of the selections were "unavailable." When I spoke to a staff member in the Windjammer about this, she told me to "go find a bar." :eek:

We had a great crossing despite annoying things like that. (Also, it's a total PITA to carry those mugs around, and mostly we never did. I'm sure RCI counts on that to save money.)

In case it's helpful, my review of Anthem, by subject, is here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2277588

Yes there are! Two in Windjammer, one in Seaplex, two in Sorrento's!

Here is a pic of the cup with a tuna pizza :D in Sorrento's, you could get a nice "Anthem of the Seas Inaugural season 2015" one:

Anthem%20Freestyle%20Cup_zps5j3yibhq.jpg

Edited by UniPac