NYE Allure Suite Prices

I've been watching these and waiting for them to come down from the realm of ridiculous for almost a year now. To my surprise, they actually seem to be going UP. Who would pay $11,500 pp for a Jr Suite ($23,000 for 2) for a week on any RCI ship any time of the year? There must be some pretty wealthy people expected on this sailing.

I've been watching these and waiting for them to come down from the realm of ridiculous for almost a year now. To my surprise, they actually seem to be going UP. Who would pay $11,500 pp for a Jr Suite ($23,000 for 2) for a week on any RCI ship any time of the year? There must be some pretty wealthy people expected on this sailing.

I think that's RCI's way of saying, "We are holding back some staterooms in order to get some others booked up before we release these ones back to market" or "We don't want these rooms to be made available before sailing" or "We have sold out, and we don't know how to show no availability". (Other options are available).

I don't think there is anything sinister about the hike in price.

My plan to to sail on my birthday at sometime and it is December 31st. However, pricing always seems to thwart my plans to the point I have stopped looking. In the past for the Holidays a CLS is around $20,000 Canadian at 1.5 years out, and it only increases in price. Normally that cabin would be $7,000-$9,000. Someone must pay the big prices as they market Christmas and New Years cruises with that steep pricing curve.

I was watching the travel channel recently about a youngish couple trying to choose their perfect vacation. It had to be an over the water cabana. What they chose in Bora Bora was $23,000 for one week. I cannot imagine spending that much for one week. But the reviews sure are good.

I was watching the travel channel recently about a youngish couple trying to choose their perfect vacation. It had to be an over the water cabana. What they chose in Bora Bora was $23,000 for one week. I cannot imagine spending that much for one week. But the reviews sure are good.

I have chosen the wrong holiday style by the looks of it. [emoji15]

If I hadn't booked our NYE Anthem cruise back when we were on the Allure in April 2014, I would not have been able to book at these prices now. We have a balcony that cost us less than what an interior is going for now!! Crazy.

I said the same thing about the Junior Suites on Anthem for the NYE cruise... A Spa JS for ~$5300 and a regular JS for even more! I was flabbergasted when I saw that! I believe my exact words were... "What in the H-E-double hockey sticks would make a JS on any ship, on any cruise worth that much money?" Almost $11k with taxes and fees for 2 people - and you don't even get concierge service.

Like someone else said, glad I booked for our family holiday vacation this year WAAAAAAY in advance! Family of 5 in 2 balcony staterooms sailing for less than 2 in a JS on the same cruise!

If I hadn't booked our NYE Anthem cruise back when we were on the Allure in April 2014, I would not have been able to book at these prices now. We have a balcony that cost us less than what an interior is going for now!! Crazy.

Hey Sha88! Didn't see you commented too... Crazy prices, right. Glad we booked ahead too. :)

Actually, that Spa Jr Suite price for a holiday sailing is a good deal comparatively. D2s are currently listed at more than 6k per cabin on the Allure NYE sailing.

That's just crazy pricing on the Allure sailing that you are looking at. I am flabbergasted again...

Actually, that Spa Jr Suite price for a holiday sailing is a good deal comparatively. D2s are currently listed at more than 6k per cabin on the Allure NYE sailing.

I had to see for myself... $6100 for a balcony D2 cabin, but that is for 2 people and that JS on your sailing... OMG, $11,586 PER PERSON - for a JS, not even a full suite, not that that would be a great bargain either... LOL! I almost fell off my chair. I really want to meet the person that spends more than $23k on a JS for that cruise.

We booked our D2s more than a year ago and thought the price was quite high then. I thought surely it would go down, but has only gone up since. I've been checking Jr Suites purely to satisfy upgrade fantasies, but I can assure you I wouldn't dream of upgrading at those prices :eek::eek:

We do a NYE cruise every year, and always book the day the itineraries are released. We have never seen a price go anywhere but up from opening day on those cruises. Our NYE this year is now more pp than we paid total for the two of us:eek:

Should we expect certain venues on the ship to be closed for these "pay-to-party" events for our ship's "elite?" :rolleyes:

An example on Oasis Class is a charge to be on the rising tide elevator for NYE and It was steep. I was told but don't remember the exact cost so I am not going to guess but it wasn't less than $50 per person.

Janet, your CC name makes me laugh in a good way when I see it. You aren't really a spazz?:)

I think that's RCI's way of saying, "We are holding back some staterooms in order to get some others booked up before we release these ones back to market" or "We don't want these rooms to be made available before sailing" or "We have sold out, and we don't know how to show no availability". (Other options are available).

I don't think there is anything sinister about the hike in price.

This is why it is critical to book very early. We book 1 1/2 years in advance and get a great rate and cabin choice. If we decided to cancel, we do so without penalty as long as final payment isn't due. If the price goes down- we call and get the lower rate. Booked the Harmony the day the rates were released to Diamond members- the price for the same suite is significantly more now. If you can wait until a week (or less) before the cruise, you can call and sometimes get a great rate. People unfortunately get ill and cannot travel at the last minute. The rates for New Years, Christmas, spring break and other prime times of the year are obscene-but I guess somebodycan afford and pays the price!

I agree. I was looking at an L1 cabin on Harmony for Christmas / NYE of next year (2016/2017). It's about $12,700 for that particular week, but I booked one for two months later (February 2017) for under $5k. NYE may be more fun, but not $8,000 more fun.