American Express cardholders, check your AMEX offers - 125 back on 500 with Celebrity

JasonV1

I didn't have it for either Princess or Celebrity....too bad! We have 4 Princess and 2 Celebrity booked now that we could pay down. Not this time around, I guess.

Keep checking -- it could still happen. As Mets fans say, "You Gotta Believe!"

Edited by Host Jazzbeau

So was the one you found on your Blue card a card you had checked before and it wasn't there after this thread had started, and then appeared, or one of multiple cards you have that when you did check it you found it there?

So was the one you found on your Blue card a card you had checked before and it wasn't there after this thread had started, and then appeared, or one of multiple cards you have that when you did check it you found it there?

Just in case you missed the question.

Bummer what happened to the Met's shortstop last night.

I'm pretty sure I had checked it before and it wasn't there. Then later it was. Just checked all our cards again, but it wasn't added to any of them.

Thank you, thank you, thank you! :)

I put a deposit on our first Celebrity cruise on Monday. Read this thread yesterday and checked our account (Amex Delta Skymiles platinum), but didn't have the offer. Read more of the thread today and found out I could make another login for my own card (have always used the login attached to my husband's card, as he is the primarycardholder). Lo and behold, the offer is there, attached to my card. :D I have now registered for it. Since I signed up for the offer after making the deposit with Celebrity, do I now have to pay another $500 toward the cruise to get the credit?

Thanks again to the OP for starting the thread, and to everyone who has contributed helpful information.

Thank you, thank you, thank you! :)

Since I signed up for the offer after making the deposit with Celebrity, do I now have to pay another $500 toward the cruise to get the credit?

Yes, and during the offer period. First you must sign up, or attach it to your card, then make the purchase. Amex will then email that you made the purchase and will be getting the credit to your card.

We have done quite a few of these with our Amexes, did one a week or so ago on an Amazon offer, but most have been small potatoes. This is a good deal, especially since I have a final payment on a Celebrity cruise coming up next month. It's a shame I don't have the offer.

In May, I received a letter from AMEX, to correct information in the 2015 Cruise and Land Directory that I received in February. "As of January 1, 2015, Celebrity Cruises is no longer a participating supplier in the Cruise Privileges Program. If you have made a Celebrity Cruises booking after this date, you will not receive Cruise Privileges Program benefits. As a Platinum Card Member, you can continue to receve valuable amenities on sailings of five nights or more with participating cruise lines etc. etc."

In May, I received a letter from AMEX, to correct information in the 2015 Cruise and Land Directory that I received in February. "As of January 1, 2015, Celebrity Cruises is no longer a participating supplier in the Cruise Privileges Program. If you have made a Celebrity Cruises booking after this date, you will not receive Cruise Privileges Program benefits. As a Platinum Card Member, you can continue to receve valuable amenities on sailings of five nights or more with participating cruise lines etc. etc."

This is a different Amex program.

Not on centurion either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most AXP offers are tied to NON-USE. For example, I pay our T-Mobile bill with my Gold business Amex. It never gets a T-Mobile offer. Our personal Platinum Amex, which isn't used to pay the phone bill, almost always gets the T-Mobile offer.

Hope the non-use thing makes sense.

I don't know if the Celebrity offer is available on affinity cards or not. I've only seen it on the straight up Amex cards.

Edited by POA1

Most AXP offers are tied to NON-USE. For example, I pay our T-Mobile bill with my Gold business Amex. It never gets a T-Mobile offer. Our personal Platinum Amex, which isn't used to pay the phone bill, almost always gets the T-Mobile offer.

Hope the non-use thing makes sense.

I don't know if the Celebrity offer is available on affinity cards or not. I've only seen it on the straight up Amex cards.

Yes, it makes sense, but I've never used any of my Amex cards with Celebrity. By this logic I should have the offer.

I'm thanking you in advance Jason. Believing that one of our 3 cards (2 Delta one Platinum) will have the offer. My hubby is the financier and he's got all the logins so he must do the inquiry. One of the Delta's is in my name. We use that one to charge all cruises now, so maybe his card will include the offer.

Even if we don't I'll keep checking and appreciate your concern for all us fellow cruisers...again, thx so much.:D

Yes, it makes sense, but I've never used any of my Amex cards with Celebrity. By this logic I should have the offer.

Did you scroll through all the More Offers tabs under each of your cards in the Amex dashboard? If so, and it's not there, you might be able to call and have it added manually.

Not on centurion either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try calling customer service. With what you pay for the black card, they should be happy to add it manually. We've had things manually added to our Platinum card before.

Did you scroll through all the More Offers tabs under each of your cards in the Amex dashboard? If so, and it's not there, you might be able to call and have it added manually.

Yes, I've done that, once or twice a day, and yes I've contacted CS to see if they would add it. I was told "you are not eligible for unsolicited offers". If you read through the thread you'll noticed I posted I'm quite familiar with the Amex offers and use them anytime something good we can use comes up. Thanks for trying to help though. ;)

I've got a couple of Celebrity cruises coming up that I could take advantage of this if it was available, oh well.

Which amex did you use? Noted OP had Delta Amex, curious to see if it's limited to that particular card.

nope....my husband and I have separate accounts....not Delta. We can both use it so do you think we can each make a payment to our upcoming cruise which we have not paid for yet? We are going to try - I hope it works.

nope....my husband and I have separate accounts....not Delta. We can both use it so do you think we can each make a payment to our upcoming cruise which we have not paid for yet? We are going to try - I hope it works.

It should work. I made my payment last week Thursday (10-8-15) and the credit was applied to my AMEX card this morning...

BILL

I was able to get this on my Gold Rewards card. Awesome! Thanks for all the postings on this.

Could you elaborate? Did it show up after this thread started? Did you request it? Did you just check and happen to find it there?

Thanks