Fishermans Island terminal, Brisbane

Still a long way off, but has anyone boarded a grand class ship in Brisbane?

I'm summising the Golden Princess will dock at the Fishermans Is terminal on the southside.

Does Princess offer a transfer from the airport in Brisbane to Fisherman Is or do you have to get there independantly?

Still a long way off, but has anyone boarded a grand class ship in Brisbane?

I'm summising the Golden Princess will dock at the Fishermans Is terminal on the southside.

Does Princess offer a transfer from the airport in Brisbane to Fisherman Is or do you have to get there independantly?

Anna i would think you would have to get there by taxi and not sure if any shuttles would go there from the airport

We docked there recently on the Carnival Spirit who had return shuttles for $16 per person. The bus company was very well organised and we were dropped at Queens Mall. We took a short walk to Southbank and had a nice seafood meal at the Surf Club.

All the cruise lines do that if they are there for the day . I think Anna was meaning more about how to get there from the Brisbane Airport to join the ship for a cruise when its a turnaround day.

Probably a little early yet Anna , but I would suspect that closer to sailing , the cruise line will notify you if any arrangements for shuttles have been made. With the numbers involved I would be very surprised if they do not do something.

Thanks one and all for your input. A taxi fare would be $50-$75, so no great dramas if Princess don't offer a transfer. At least we know there will be a ride to the airport on the way home.

It's a pity that Brisbane port is too small for the big girls. I feel somewhat embarrassed for the overseas visitors who disembark at Fishermans Is.

Edited by Kinkacruiser

Thanks one and all for your input. A taxi fare would be $50-$75, so no great dramas if Princess don't offer a transfer. At least we know there will be a ride to the airport on the way home.

It's a pity that Brisbane port is too small for the big girls. I feel somewhat embarrassed for the overseas visitors who disembark at Fishermans Is.

Last couple of times I've just stayed onboard, when at Fisherman's Island. It's also further from the sights apart from the city, so the extra cost and time weren't worth it. Plus it's nice to get some quiet time onboard!

BTW, when I was there it was about $28/person to the airport, and $20 to the city, to give you a comparative idea.

Nothing to be embarrassed about. We docked there off the Diamond last year, although not as convenient as further up the river and no river CAT ride, we were very impressed with the whole area. Shuttle service into CBD was good, and the surrounding dockland area was spotless. A nice ride into the city.

Edited by happysnapper

Nothing to be embarrassed about. We docked there off the Diamond last year, although not as convenient as further up the river and no river CAT ride, we were very impressed with the whole area. Shuttle service into CBD was good, and the surrounding dockland area was spotless. A nice ride into the city.

I must agree. I think the facility is an excellent asset for the people of Brisbane. I fail to comprehend why folk are always apologising for it.

Many ports around the world would give their eye teeth for a set up like they have. The amount of space for all the taxis, buses , shuttles and private cars is outstanding.

I must agree. I think the facility is an excellent asset for the people of Brisbane. I fail to comprehend why folk are always apologising for it.

Many ports around the world would give their eye teeth for a set up like they have. The amount of space for all the taxis, buses , shuttles and private cars is outstanding.

I admit I've never boarded or disembarked there and have only seen footage on TV when the big ships come in. From David's and happysnapper's comments, the Fisherman Is terminal has been pleasantly upgraded.

Edited by Kinkacruiser

When I was there last the terminal was just tents and such (for the day visit) but it worked well and the shuttles were plentiful and relatively cheap compared with taxis.

As for embarkation or disembarkation I cannot comment. However, I will be able to by Novembers end although I think we may be going to the other port down Brisbane river (name escapes me now).

Edited by MicCanberra

Thanks for posting the thread.

Will be there on Solstice next year..... do you know where the shuttles typically drop off in town? Some of us have an excursion booked from the Cultural Centre Pontoon on the South bank and will need to figure out how to get there from the drop off point.....

Thanks for posting the thread.

Will be there on Solstice next year..... do you know where the shuttles typically drop off in town? Some of us have an excursion booked from the Cultural Centre Pontoon on the South bank and will need to figure out how to get there from the drop off point.....

They usually drop off in CBD as close to the Queen Street Mall as possible. From there its just a walk to the top of the Mall, over the bridge and you will be there.

Is Fishermans Island also known as the Grain Terminal. If it is it is the pits. We were there on the Solstice earlier in the year and yes the ship does run a shuttle . I think it was $US15 return.

That's the one! Agreed, I think it's the worst terminal location in Australia. Give me White Bay over there any day.

Seems Celebrity is cheaper than Princess, for a change.

OK so it's not Sydney Harbour...but it is a working port and there are some very interesting activities to watch as you dock and then leave. We watched a very large ocean going catamaran being loaded from the water onto a container ship docked next to us and observing the skill that was required to do it was worth every minute of our time. Just go with the flow and remember it's just a means of getting you to where you wish to go.;)

For those that don't know, discussions have begun for a new terminal for the very large ships across from the grain terminal at Luggage Point.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/port-of-brisbane-plans-new-luggage-point-cruise-ship-terminal-20151009-gk5q8u.html

Would that be between the sewage works and the oil refinery?:eek:

I hope they give some consideration to ferry access to the city.