Upsell offer on Prinsendam 29 day

wesport

We are currently booked on the Prinsendam from Athens to Fort Lauderdale 10/26/15. Our current cabin is a Vista Suite(Verandah Cabin) class A. Got a call this week to go to either a Signature Suite($1249PP), or a Neptune Suite for $3499PP. Decided for either 2500 or 7000 total, we could take a lot of Caribbean Cruises from Fort Lauderdale. Hopefully some one paid that price and the stock price will go up!!!!!

Richard

Always a trade off between real estate and price. Just depends on your personal preferences.

We decided some time ago to stick with verandahs and travel more often. Works for us but we cruise for the destinations.

Did you make a counter offer? Will HAL entertain counter offers?

Edited by iancal

Will HAL entertain counter offers?
Not when we were on the P'dam. Lots of verandas and suites were empty, but they wouldn't meet me half way on a price to upgrade.

Someone will pay the extra price.
Maybe.

Edited by jtl513

I tried to talk down a price the other day. I waited until the offer was almost 1 week old, they wouldn't budge. However two days later I got another email offer with half bergen what I said and they originally wanted, so I took it.

Edited by sherilyn70

Wow, I never thought of counter offering. Does this really work? Thanks.

not often, but it can. I told my TA my reasons and she agreed and we negotiated my upsell on the P'dam for the PS.

I tried to talk down a price the other day. I waited until the offer was almost 1 week old, they wouldn't budge. However two days later I got another email offer with half bergen what I said and they originally wanted, so I took it.

good for you :)

I would always try a counter offer.

What is the worst they can say? No? Maybe even yes?

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

We checked into a hotel just before midnight a few years ago. No reservation. The desk clerk quoted a corporate rate of $179. I said no, company would not pay that. Less than a minute later I filling out the registration and paying $101.

For the hotel $101 was better than seeing us walk (we had no intention of doing so).

Edited by iancal