RCCL site down

This is the message that was showing up:

oops... looks like royalcaribbean.com is on vacation

No real need for me to be there--just putzing around.

Someone else reported this a couple of days ago and I believe they tried a different browser and got the site working.

The site may or may not be down, but with recent changes they made to the site, bookings cruise or doing a simple price check is horrendous. Where you could switch between the various categories when booking, now it is very limited. Maybe the new design has some things we did not immediately see, but to do a price check you are required to complete passenger info. This is added steps. The room availability to switch rooms was limiting and many options selected like declining insurance cause the page to completely refresh and repositions at the top of the page.

Overall a very clumsy update and design.

This is the message that was showing up:

oops... looks like royalcaribbean.com is on vacation

No real need for me to be there--just putzing around.

I just tried it and got the same message. Switched to Firefox like someone suggested and still got this message.

The site may or may not be down, but with recent changes they made to the site, bookings cruise or doing a simple price check is horrendous. Where you could switch between the various categories when booking, now it is very limited. Maybe the new design has some things we did not immediately see, but to do a price check you are required to complete passenger info. This is added steps. The room availability to switch rooms was limiting and many options selected like declining insurance cause the page to completely refresh and repositions at the top of the page.

Overall a very clumsy update and design.

I've been checking prices for an upcoming cruise and haven't had to fill in the passenger info. I get a breakdown just before you "Continue" to the passenger area. It's on the right side of the screen in a small box.

I must say, the RC website is pretty poor at the moment.

It does not allow browsing of excursions without already having a booking, or as mentioned above, checking prices/availability without entering various personal details.

Navigating the site is extremely user UN friendly, and ship deck plans are well out of date, and a lot of the ship info is too generic.

AND, no feedback or internet contact options, or else I would be entering this on their site.

Come on RC, if any representative of that site reads this - you SERIOUSLY need to revamp the site, it came very close to putting me off bothering - only my previous experiences of RC made me continue with my booking.

It does not allow browsing of excursions without already having a booking, or as mentioned above, checking prices/availability without entering various personal details.

Navigating the site is extremely user UN friendly, and ship deck plans are well out of date, and a lot of the ship info is too generic.

AND, no feedback or internet contact options, or else I would be entering this on their site.

Come on RC, if any representative of that site reads this - you SERIOUSLY need to revamp the site, it came very close to putting me off bothering - only my previous experiences of RC made me continue with my booking.

See this link to browse excursions without a booking:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/beforeyouboard/asr/buildSearch.do?componentType=shorex

See this link to browse excursions without a booking:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/beforeyouboard/asr/buildSearch.do?componentType=shorex

That's really helpful thank you, now I can browse without logging in all the time. It was not there when I looked just over a week ago (UK site), and without your link I had given up trying. :)

I wonder if that's a difference in the uk vs us site? I use the US site and I have no problem browsing excursions (by ship or location) or getting prices without putting in names.

Glad I found this thread. I have had issues the last couple of days with the website and the Reps have told me nothing is wrong. I have cleared temp files, used different browsers, different machines, tablets and they all have problems. I have a link with an old URL for a cruise that works and at least lets me login to my account.

If I update any information on my booking, however, it keeps adding pre-paid tips to the cost with no way to remove them. The first time I thought it was a fluke and called RCCL. All I did was change the spelling on the last name of a cruise mate. Just happened again a little bit ago and called them again. This time the Rep did say they were having issues with their site today.

At least I can stop futzing with my browsers. :)