Flight Time!

Moose12345

I'm not sure if I'm in the right forum or not for my question.

We are going on the Infinity next May for a cruise to Alaska. We port from Vancouver.

We get back to Vancouver at 7am, and I was wondering if a flight out at 1:15pm is going to be good. We plan on taking a shuttle to the airport after we disembark.

Should I be looking for an earlier, later flight or would this be a good time? We are from Ontario, so it's just a Domestic flight. :confused:

I think that's too tight personally. I live in Vancouver and if it's rush hour you probably should give yourself an hour to get to the airport from the Port. It shouldn't be more than 40-45 minutes most days but if you run into any traffic delays that could be a problem. You could probably do a 2 or 2:30 but I don't think I'd risk earlier than 2.

I'm not sure if I'm in the right forum or not for my question.

We are going on the Infinity next May for a cruise to Alaska. We port from Vancouver.

We get back to Vancouver at 7am, and I was wondering if a flight out at 1:15pm is going to be good. We plan on taking a shuttle to the airport after we disembark.

Should I be looking for an earlier, later flight or would this be a good time? We are from Ontario, so it's just a Domestic flight. :confused:

A couple of questions before replying.

Are you mobile and able to walk off the cruise ship? If you need wheelchair assistance you may need to factor in more time.

How much luggage will you have? If you plan to travel light, i.e. a rollerboard and a small carry-on you will be able to elect the "walk-off" option, which will usually mean an early departure from the ship.

Are you taking Celebrity's transportation or have a transport service set up?

These can take more time. Celebrity will wait until each bus is full before departing. A private service may have to wait to get into the debarkation area and then back out. Lots of folks will be making their way to the ship to go out on their cruise and they need to cross the street to the embarkation area, which really backs things up.

If you are spry and able to walk off the ship, with your bags (rollerboard and small carry-on) to the SkyTrain station, you will be at the Vancouver Airport in :45 minutes.

I.E. off the ship at 0800, walk to the Sky Train by 0900, at the airport by 1000, check in by 1130. this is a domestic flight for you so no immigration lines (nice!) You should be fine with a 1:15 flight.

If you will require assistance at any point during disembarkation, you will need to allow more time in order to make your (later) flight.

Have a great cruise!

Yes we are mobile, and we do plan on doing "walk off" debarkation. We will each have a backpack and a rolling suitcase.

We are going to be booking a shuttle service, but not through Celebrity. I would prefer to not use the SkyTrain, as we are not familiar with it, and how it works.

We port back in Vancouver on a Sunday, so I'm hoping that there won't be a rush hour to worry about.

Thanks again for all your responses! They are all greatly appreciated!:)

Don't be afraid to take Skytrain. Just take the Canada Line from Waterfront station directly to YVR. Easy and about 30 minutes. You could be at the airport by 9:30 am. So don't be afraid to book a flight between 11 and 1 as well.

We just flew yesterday out of YVR to Toronto. Got to the airport at 9:30 am and were in front of our gate by 10:15 am.

If there is an issue getting off the boat for an early flight don't worry because there is a flight almost every hour to Toronto on AC until 2 pm. Just call AC and I'm sure they can put you on a later flight of need be.

Edited by chrismakris

Don't be afraid to take Skytrain. Just take the Canada Line from Waterfront station directly to YVR. Easy and about 30 minutes. You could be at the airport by 9:30 am. So don't be afraid to book a flight between 11 and 1 as well.

We just flew yesterday out of YVR to Toronto. Got to the airport at 9:30 am and were in front of our gate by 10:15 am.

If there is an issue getting off the boat for an early flight don't worry because there is a flight almost every hour to Toronto on AC until 2 pm. Just call AC and I'm sure they can put you on a later flight of need be.

Agree completely. It is quite easy to get a route map with a search on Google. And quite honestly, you don't even need to do that. Go to the station, take a look at the maps conveniently located in the station, or ask a friendly fellow Canadian, and you will be on your way!! Very easy, clean, reliable and cost efficient.

I always book after 1 pm in Vancouver. Even with 1 pm, I have had some tight times. I would never book earlier because if you are at the airport with several ships, that airport can be a zoo.

You may be better off as you are flying with in Canada. This will save you customs and immigration lines.