30% sale/C&A discount - insulting

bouhunter

Best thing you can do is realize the situation and make the best of it. Book it and enjoy the discount that you do get or don't book!

I have done the latter on one specific cruise after a change I did not like and YES standing up for what you believe does cost you at times, but I have no regrets. Celebrity for sure filled our cancelled cabin. If enough people agree with your position and act on it, most companies will notice.

I personally think that piling on discounts is not good and would agree with Royal on this point. As I understand it, your final discount is better than a straight 30%, so you are ahead of those without C&A status.

Edited by shipshape sam

I'm sure you'll hate this point also, but the 30% is off the price YOU pay for the cruise AFTER all discounts. You want a 30% discount, then another discount applied. Feel lucky that your C & A discount is applied to the rate first. Many discounts are independent of any other discount.

Not really sure what your issue is. I'm eligible for Senior, Military, and Interline rates. Interline is considered "deeply discounted" and is not eligible for C & A Discount. So I price the different options and choose the one that's cheapest. I suggest you do the same.

What it really comes down to is what is the cheapest price I can get the cruise for? Is it a price I am willing to pay? If so, I book it. If not I don't. But I could care less what they call it or how they apply the discounts. Personally I'd like to see me get a 30% discount, then 20% off the ORIGINAL price further reduction for being a "Senior," then another 25% off the ORIGINAL price for being Military, then another 25% off the ORIGINAL price for Interline, then $250 off for C & A. Wonder how that'd work out? Well, let's say the price is $1000. So... 30% of $1000 is $700. Then minus $200 (20% of $1000 for Senior). $700-$200= $500. Then $250 for being Military (25% of $1000) so $500-$250= $250, then $250 off for Interline (25% of $1000) so $250-$250= $0, then apply my $250 C & A discount so $0-$250= -$250! WOW Royal Caribbean would OWE me $250! I"m booking that sucker!

At the end of the day, it is all about "what is the best price I can book the cruise I want for" and am I willing to pay that fare.....so well said by you.