What Stateroom Amenities would you like to see added or restored?

LMaxwell

How about a fridge that actually works in all rooms?

And keep them empty for passengers to use. It would cut down on the Room Steward's workload, and eliminate erroneous charges.

Does anyone actually eat/drink that stuff anymore? The prices are crazy and God knows how long they have been in there.

Clean out the mini bar fridges! It won't cost Carnival anything to implement that and will probably save more money than keeping it stocked and constantly inventoried. If people want snacks or drinks, they aren't that far to go get.

I would love to have a way to play music when I'm getting ready or taking a shower (not crazy loud, don't worry.)

Also an actual way to control the room to a specific temperature.

And I know you can have a bathtub in a suite, but that's outta my price range and I would love a long bubblebath sometimes.

I do just that by using my phone or tablet for music. Not streaming music but music that I have stored in there. Last cruise, we drove and I took a small Bluetooth speaker for that purpose, probably not making the list this time because we are flying again.

There are some reasonable helpful ideas here.

If Carnival would implement those, people would do cartwheels!

Yes, to USB plugs & more TV interactiveness, that's just catching up with tech.

There could be a page on the TV to check what services you would like or this could be in the online check-in process.

Ice, towels, turn down, animals, morning service, etc... Could all be listed.

Carnival prints it out & the stewards know who wants what!

But, is all that (which I think would be easy) harder then just uniform services for everyone.

I like the idea of personalization of the services.

Yes, to good soap, adding conditioner would be FABULOUS.

Decent Shampoo, Conditioner & Body Wash would be so helpful & appreciated

A 1000 times yes, to a CLOCK & empty working refrigerator.

Even a ice machine in the hall would be so convenient.

I really think these additions would put them ahead of their competition.

The frou frou stuff being out is fine. I bring a razor, slipper socks, etc....

IMHO, Carnival is THE budget cruise line and has done well with that.

They will undoubtedly continue to lessen things to improve profits.

If someone wants a baseline cruise, they are IT.

If more service, a bit more refinement, shall we say; another line may be cruised

And yes they make cutbacks too as much as possible.

Money & Greed are what drives everything. Period, IMHO.

As society changes, so will every business out there.

White glove service in the MDR is really unappealing to a lot of younger cruisers, but some have enjoyed it for so long it is hard to look at cruises differently than how they used to be.

Casualness is how many live their lives now.

Carnival is the Casual Cruise Line out of all of the major lines.

Although I understand the sentiment of the OP, every single preferential amenity carries a cost.

What distinguishes Carnival from its competition is being able to consistently provide a cost-affordable experience without the fluff most who sail with the line don't want (and can't afford).

I personally don't cruise to be feel pampered with toiletries, turn-down service, interactive television or chocolates on the pillow so for me these are amenities that would just end up being built into a higher cruise fare.

If one wants an elevated level of stateroom amenity, there are lines that provide it. Trying to turn Carnival into its upscale competition is an exercise in futility. It's just not what the Carnival product is (or should be).

And keep them empty for passengers to use. It would cut down on the Room Steward's workload, and eliminate erroneous charges.

Does anyone actually eat/drink that stuff anymore? The prices are crazy and God knows how long they have been in there.

Clean out the mini bar fridges! It won't cost Carnival anything to implement that and will probably save more money than keeping it stocked and constantly inventoried. If people want snacks or drinks, they aren't that far to go get.

I agree. If they implemented my TV/room service/housekeeping idea where guests could request common things there, they could also have guests request a "stocked minibar" if they would use it. We always have the steward empty it out, but I always feel bad asking. I agree they can't be making much off the mini bars. Who ever drinks/eats that stuff? I wonder how much they have to toss.

White glove service in the MDR is really unappealing to a lot of younger cruisers, but some have enjoyed it for so long it is hard to look at cruises differently than how they used to be.

I agree. I guess I'm considered "younger"(30s) in terms of cruisers (nowhere else do I still get to be young, LOL) but we love the casualness of Carnival. We are thinking about an Alaska cruise finally and frustrated because not thrilled with the idea of the Legend and how seldom Carnival does Glacier Bay BUT can't see us dealing with the frou frou ness of Princess. I do wish the rooms were more tech savvy, and yes the chargers on lamps would be very useful.

No need for some of the stuff people list (I bring my phone so I have my alarm clock from home anyway; haven't owned an alarm clock since I was in college; I am picky about toiletries and never used the free samples - I bring all my own and never touch their stuff; I HATE the idea of throwaway slippers - what kind of waste is that! :eek: There is already so much waste on cruises and slippers are bendy and easy to fit in luggage if you need yours from home) because I prefer functional things or minimalism/semi-eco-friendly options (I waste too; we all do; but I try not to waste absurdly). But I do hope as Carnival continues on, they try to book in some simple "Make life easiers" for staff and guests through technology. I'm happy about the new internet packages and, even though I'll still need a physical copy for now at least, the digital Fun Times as a backup is good, too.

Edited by berrieh
spelling

There could be a page on the TV to check what services you would like or this could be in the online check-in process.

But, is all that (which I think would be easy) harder then just uniform services for everyone.

If more service, a bit more refinement, shall we say; another line may be cruised

Wow that is all I can say.......

I would love to see ceiling fans, or a stand up fan for each room. Its luck of the draw if you request one whether you will get it or not. Also a way to set a "DAILY" limit on S&S card. Some days I want to sleep in and DS wants to go go go, and I have to get up and run down to the kiosk to up his limit his daily amount.

We use the mini-bar quite a bit, AFA "crazy" prices, I'm happy to pay an extra $1.00 (if that much) to prepare a drink in my room and enjoy it on the balcony. If you want to walk to a bar every time you want a drink to save a dollar, go right ahead, I'll be on my balcony.

We use the mini-bar quite a bit, AFA "crazy" prices, I'm happy to pay an extra $1.00 (if that much) to prepare a drink in my room and enjoy it on the balcony. If you want to walk to a bar every time you want a drink to save a dollar, go right ahead, I'll be on my balcony.

Maybe they can have it stocked with your choice of beverage upon request then like through "Bon Voyage" ahead of time or have an in room order form that you can fill out. I think it's safe to say that the majority of people don't use it and would appreciate it empty. It also creates more work for the stewards to inventory, and to empty out which probably happens a lot. It gets stashed under the bed since there usually is no room to put it elsewhere. Then on turn around day it must be put back.

I sure would walk a little bit to save a buck each time. But I don't drink beer or hard liquor and get Bottomless Bubbles so I'm not about to pay for a soda out of there. Then again, I don't pay for balcony rooms anymore either as they are not a good value to me.

This is one "enhancement" I would like to see that wouldn't require Carnival to purchase anything else, thus not raising the price of the cruise, and helping to make the stewards more efficient.

There could be a page on the TV to check what services you would like or this could be in the online check-in process. Ice, towels, turn down, animals, morning service, etc... Could all be listed. Carnival prints it out & the stewards know who wants what!

While that would be really nice, personalized service is time consuming, Even if a cabin steward is just spending an extra 5 minutes per guest to provide that added touch, multiply that by 3-4,000 guests and all of a sudden it looks like a huge burden on the cabin cleaning crew.

Knowing that Carnival will not add more staff to accommodate the added workload (as it is, these workers are spread too thin), it's hard to visualize Carnival making this kind of change.

We would all like more personalized service, but it comes with a price. And that's why some cruise lines have already come up with stateroom categories where you pay extra to have a concierge or butler tending to those personal needs. From a bucket of ice, to different pillows, to extra towels, that service exists. You will just need to sail on the cruise lines that do provide it and pay accordingly.

They never gave you much to begin with. They make is sound like they are giving you gold platinum just with the soap and shampoo.

Bring back the chocolates, the goody baskets, and the life preservers.

I actually inquired about that and was told that it is actually a big money maker for them.

Also, your newer ships do have the interactive TV's. On the Breeze, I was able to order room service, check my folio, and check daily dining menus. A fan in the room would be nice. I prefer cold when I sleep and a ceiling fan would help make the temp feel cooler.

Edited by vwrestler171

I actually inquired about that and was told that it is actually a big money maker for them.

Also, your newer ships do have the interactive TV's. On the Breeze, I was able to order room service, check my folio, and check daily dining menus. A fan in the room would be nice. I prefer cold when I sleep and a ceiling fan would help make the temp feel cooler.

Haven't been on the Breeze yet, but glad to hear this is the case. I was able to do all those other things on interactive TVs last time we had one (another ship but same idea) except order room service. We tried and it didn't let us. So glad they got that up and running! Even if it isn't fleetwide, that's a good sign that it's something they want to offer.

Interesting to hear the mini fridges make them money. In that case, it's reasonable they stay stocked, though it'd be nice if they left you some room. To be honest, I never even see what's in there because I have the Stew remove it all (they usually bag it and put it in a cabinet) and never look at it! If it were like 1/2 full and I still had a little room and didn't request that, maybe I'd use something too. Who knows? :)

Edited by berrieh
spelling

I am satisfied with the room steward service as it is right now. If anything, I would just prefer having an ice bucket with ice in the evening, but I know that I can get that from my steward by asking, or worse case, can order it from room service. So, I vote for status quo as far as in room amenities/service goes.

Climate control.

I have cruised 40 times and only on my last two Carnival cruises did I have a problem keeping the stateroom cool enough. ***????

Since you mentioned it; I have to add, that yes, this would be way and far more important than the ice bucket thing.

My last Carnival cruise was a year ago, and I would certainly have had a better sleep, had I been able to get the temps a bit cooler. My previous Carnival cruise was in 2010 and that time, and any time before, I remember being able to cool my room to a comfortable temperature for sleeping, but not so last year. I will see how it is on Victory next week, but this is definitely an issue for me. At least next cruise on Victory is only 5 nights sleep:rolleyes:, as opposed to 7 or 8 that I usually do. I suppose if my room is too warm, I can always lay next to the ice bucket:D

I do know that if you have a luggage delay or issue that some ships keep a travel sized toiletry kit at guest services. It's by no means high quality items, but it is pretty complete. They lost a checked bag for 2 days on my last cruise and gave us the toiletry kit to help with the missing items. I have a half a dozen or so year old pillow chocolates in a bag at home if anyone wants them. :) If someone misses them. They aren't very great imho. I would like a clock, even if it didn't have an alarm. It's easy to lose your rhythm not knowing the time. I know my wife would love to have the disposable slippers, she never wears regular shoes, but I could live without them.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

How about having all of the advertising flyers only on the TV. I have always found it wasteful to have along with the daily schedule, papers advertising "inch of Gold", Art Auctions, Teeth Whitening, Spa Treatments, etc. Most just get swept in the (miniscule) Trash Can.

a very dim night light in the bathroom

Nice idea!

I use two different kinds at home; the LED flat panel ones that just glow but don't give off light (so you can tell where a wall is), and LED swivel lights spotlights that have a light sensor on them; often at night they are enough to see what you need to do without turning on a main light and adjusting your eyes or disturbing your significant other.

Very simple, inexpensive, and effective idea. Sure beats 'Nothing' as a response. I like it!