Seeing photos on the cabin TV?

dmk

The one time we saw cruise photos on the TV we did not do anything to set it up. I guessed they used facial recognition tied into the sea pass card. We don't as a rule have pictures taken by the ships photographers because we know we are not going to buy them.

In my experience, you can see your photos on your TV on S-class ships but not M-class ones.

You do need to provided your Sea Pass card at least once so that they can associate you with your photographs but, from then on, facial recognition should pick up the majority of your pictures. On our latest cruise, facial recognition missed us only once - we were wrapped up in hats and scarves for our stop in Siberia and I doubt our mothers would have recognised us!

On our previous cruise on Eclipse, I discovered all about my husband's nocturnal activities by reviewing his photographs on the TV before he rose in the morning!

On M-class ships [as well as S-class], your photos can be viewed on kiosks at the Photo Shop. Prints can be ordered at the kiosks and, on S-class ships, on your in-room TV.

Edited by Project_gal

The facial recognition system is only on S-Class ships at the moment. The easiest way to set it up is to have your boarding photo taken. Make sure you hand over all the cards for scanning if you are in a group.

Phil

Facial recognition was definitely up and running on Millennium in April/May this year. The only thing that was not available was viewing your photos on your in-room TV. It even added to our account photos of friends who we had been photographed with previously.

Edited by Project_gal