What movies are on the ships

run12

We are going on two back to back 10 day cruises on the Emerald and Island Princess from Jan 4-24th 2016. Is there any way of finding out what movies are scheduled on the ships for that time.......thanks garry

Hi we are sailing in two weeks and we have just received an email which outlines the entertainment on the ship including 2 movies. They would not be relevant to your cruise though. Content was very sparse. I hope there is more entertainment than what was listed as its a 15 night cruise.

About two weeks before your cruise starts you should receive an e-mail from Princess which will list some of the entertainment including the featured movies.

Since your cruise starts in early January and Princess changes the main features at the start of a month, no one on a cruise before then can tell you for sure what will be shown.

The newest movies that Princess shows are one that have just been or are about to be released on DVDs to the public. Usually these will be tityles that opened in theaters three to six months before your cruise.

Hi we are sailing in two weeks and we have just received an email which outlines the entertainment on the ship including 2 movies. They would not be relevant to your cruise though. Content was very sparse. I hope there is more entertainment than what was listed as its a 15 night cruise.

There will be.

There will be more movies.

There will be a different show each evening in the Princess theater, either a guest entertainer or a production show.

There will also be other music in various lounges in the evenings as well as audience participation events such as game shows and trivia.

Generall speaking the MUTS is absolute rubbish designed to attract generation Y lots of noise, action, blood and guts. BUT on the Princess cruises I have been on those age groupings not present . So Princess HO need to match movies much better to age profile of their cruisers.

Also at lunch time reggae MTV videos blaring poolside with the volume set at 12 on a scale of ten so everyone has to shout to be heard . I complained to the Cruise Director who did nothing re turning down the volume, and said they just showed what Miami sent them, totally dis-interested.

Generall speaking the MUTS is absolute rubbish designed to attract generation Y lots of noise, action, blood and guts. BUT on the Princess cruises I have been on those age groupings not present . So Princess HO need to match movies much better to age profile of their cruisers.

Also at lunch time reggae MTV videos blaring poolside with the volume set at 12 on a scale of ten so everyone has to shout to be heard . I complained to the Cruise Director who did nothing re turning down the volume, and said they just showed what Miami sent them, totally dis-interested.

Huh?

Not true about MUTS. Last year on the Ruby in the British Isles, we watched "Frozen" under a beautiful sunny Irish sky.

Being 48 and DH 59 I have always been pleased with the selection of music concerts and videos shown. Lots from the 80's, Bon Jovi, Pau McCartney, even Pink one cruise. Great to sit down and watch or just to bop to as you walk by. Plus, the louder volumne helps hide all those who sing along with some not so sing along worthy voices (Me)

Agree to a point. When Princess first introduced MUTS it meant "Movies Under the Stars" and they seldom had anything on during the day other then silent shorts (like the surfing dog). But then they decided to pollute the entire day with noise (that would be the stuff blasting out of the Muts speakers). Those that wanted to find a peaceful spot near the pool and listen to their own music (through earphones or buds) were out of luck. This actually drove us away from Princess for about 4 years.

Princess did once try an experiment on at least 1 of their Grand Class ships. They had 2 small radio receivers (with earbuds) in each cabin to be used to listen to MUTS during the day...when they had the ondeck speakers muted. This idea was apparently quickly rejected because it only happened to us on a single cruise many years ago.

Hank

OP asked a question, a couple of useful answers and the it all switches to complaints that had nothing to do with OP's question.

You all should be ashamed.

This is Cruise Critic. LOL. It's not possible to know what the movies will be for sailings several months out, but on my recent Crown cruise I watched "Spy," which was funny.

OP asked a question, a couple of useful answers and the it all switches to complaints that had nothing to do with OP's question.

Since someone else brought it up, is this an issue? Will I be bombarded with loud movies all day on deck when I'm watching the glaciers in Alaska?

IMO, anyone and everyone who thinks the volume is blasting too loud during the day, should complain to the CD or his/her staff and ask it be turned down a little. I too have experienced it being too loud on occasion, but I don't tend to stay in that area after breakfast (Grand Class ships).

On upcoming Regal, I expect to eat breakfast outdoors on the aft deck which is great to have available.

Edited by steelers36

Since someone else brought it up, is this an issue? Will I be bombarded with loud movies all day on deck when I'm watching the glaciers in Alaska?

No, when the ship is near a glacier, movies are not shown during the day. The muts screen becomes a big video of the glaciers.

We are going on two back to back 10 day cruises on the Emerald and Island Princess from Jan 4-24th 2016. Is there any way of finding out what movies are scheduled on the ships for that time.......thanks garry

Back to your question. Not really.

You can look at the Documents section of your Cruise Personalizer for the Pre-Cruise emails that will list entertainment and show you who will be your Captain, Maitre'D, Cruise Director etc. You can also follow 'Live Froms' here on CC. But movies and entertainment may not match your cruise as these change.