Documents At CHECK-IN. REALLY?

berylde

Received e-mail today from RCCL--our guest documents are ready.

Then states we must present our documents and proper ID at the pier to check in and receive our Sea Pass card.

Since when? All 16 pages? Is this something new?

Then states we must present our documents and proper ID at the pier to check in and receive our Sea Pass card.

You don't need to print out all the pages. All you need is your Set Sail Pass, your ID and a credit card (unless you are doing a cash account)

You will also be able to print luggages tags when you Set Sail pass is ready.

if you complete the on line check in, I assume the e-mail means you must present your "set sail" paperwork and ID to get your stateroom sea pass ... unless I am misreading your message :)

Every document email notification I've received from Royal during the past several years has said the following: "Simply click on the link below to access your eDocs. These documents contain important information that you'll need to know before you board. Please print and carry them with you during the boarding process, along with your required proof of citizenship and identification (i.e. valid passport or other Department of Homeland Security approved documents)."

I have always disregarded that instruction... ;) Just bring your Set Sail Pass, along with your passport and the credit card you'll be using for onboard expenses... you'll be fine.

GT)-GIRL

I have never taken the documents to check-in. But, this e-mail specifically, used the word documents and needed at check-in.

I'm sure its all part of the new "improved" web site

Nothing new about it. They´ve been telling this for at least the last 20 years. Of Course they do this, as the docs contain all the information you might Need or not and they don´t want you to run into any Problems and then blaming them for not having the information or document that might have helped in the Situation.

We all know you usually won´t need any of it, but it´s really your decision what you take from the docs, as it´s then your responsibility if you miss any documentation if asked for it.

From their POV they certainly want you to have your itinerary, cabin information, emergency Prosper-Hospitalone numbers to reach out to them, driving instructions to the Pier etc. with you.

I will at least have a pdf saved on my Phone/Tablet/Laptop with me.

Once at check-in at Port Canaveral, the RCI agent asked to see our cruise contract as well at Set Sail pass. I don't know what would have happened if we didn't have them.

Edited by 2CatsInFlorida

Really - everything is on your Set Sail pass - If you don't have them all they have to do is look your names up on the manifest to get into the pier (By verifying your photo ID/Passports).

Then while talking to the agent you have to sign off on the contract and credit card info again. THAT'S ALL.

Now if you don't have your Passport or ID/Birth Certificate that you need for the cruise.. well that's another set of problems not as easily solved.

Every terminal that I've entered (admittedly not many) has wanted to see my documentation showing that I am indeed booked on a cruise in order to enter the terminal. Sort of like showing your boarding pass at the airport in order to get into the secured area.

Edited by sparks1093

I left my documents (set sail pass) in my checked luggage getting onto the ship. (I was so organized and had everything in a folder I put into the zipped front pocket of the suitcase :rolleyes:) No problem at the pier, just showed my passport and credit card, everything was in the computer. They gave us our Sea Pass and off we went.

I have printed my set sail pass but can't work out how to print of my luggage tags. Unless I'm too far out as I still have around sixty days to go.

Thanks

You should see them available soon. If for some reason you don't, don't worry. They will either have a blank template that you can print out and fill in, or you can have the porters complete the tags at the port for you, when you drop your bags off. We have brought/checked an extra bag both times and they made up the luggage tag right there for us, no issues, no worries.