What's Worse than One Day in Noumea?

Yes, you're right - two days in Noumea:(

Unfortunately the weather has been so awful we have skipped both Mystery Island and Mare so they have brought us to Noumea for an overnighter and yes, it's pouring and nothing is open.

I know they can't do anything about the weather and there really was no other choice of Port available, it's just a shame it wasn't somewhere nicer.

Let's hope the Weather Gods are kind for our last few days and for the sake of the newbie cruisers.

The good news is I got to see the All Blacks smash France live with a perfect picture - thank you Princess:)

Cheers

Di

Noumea is amazing and one of my favourite ports but you need to do something while there! If you walk around the cruise ship terminal, you'll dislike your visit.

There is so so much to do independently if you don't want a ship shore excursion.

That's exciting that you're there overnight, why not take the opportunity to try one of the restaurants by Lemon Bay for dinner or drinks? This part of Noumea really comes alive at night.

Yes, you're right - two days in Noumea:(

Unfortunately the weather has been so awful we have skipped both Mystery Island and Mare so they have brought us to Noumea for an overnighter and yes, it's pouring and nothing is open.

I know they can't do anything about the weather and there really was no other choice of Port available, it's just a shame it wasn't somewhere nicer.

Let's hope the Weather Gods are kind for our last few days and for the sake of the newbie cruisers.

The good news is I got to see the All Blacks smash France live with a perfect picture - thank you Princess:)

Cheers

Di

How is the cruise going otherwise Di? Hope you both are enjoying Diamond!

You know I don't mind Noumea but on a Sunday - NEVER

Can't wait to hear about it! Cheryle:D

How is the cruise going otherwise Di? Hope you both are enjoying Diamond!

You know I don't mind Noumea but on a Sunday - NEVER

Can't wait to hear about it! Cheryle:D

We have cruised to Noumea twice and both times it's been a Sunday.

Hi Dizziedi,

Do you remember us, John & Eileen. Met with you on a couple of cruises. Good to see you still cruising. We have continued the tradition and have had a few cruises since last met with you. We are now in the Elite Category with Princess. Are you still a Princess fan. Our next cruise is to PNG in May 2016. Hope all is well with you both.

We were also on the Diamond Princess in October and spent 2 nights in Noumea. Boring,Boring,Boring. One of the worst ports we have been to. Unfortunately the weather didn't improve a lot after Noumea but at least the ship was nice.

We were also on the Diamond for the overnight stop in Noumea, while it might have been nice to get out and see some night life the weather the first day was so wet and rainy it would not have been a pleasant experience.

The sun did peep out the next day and we did a lovely walk from the Hilton on Anse Vata Bay, round the promontory into Lemon Bay and all the way to the end. Quite a walk but we wanted to stretch our legs.

Tried to book a tour but a lot of places were closed on the Monday, we were particularly interested in seeing the jean-marie tjibaou cultural centre, but that was closed as well. We would have even settled for the aquarium, but you guessed it, closed.

Have to laugh though, we have had a long cold winter in Adelaide, looking forward to some sun and sea in the South Pacific - it was so overcast and rainy most days you could hardly see a ship's length away. Get back to Sydney, pouring with rain. Get back to Adelaide - clear blue skies, 22 degrees, gorgeous weather, the ship should have come here :cool:

However despite the weather we had a marvellous time, the ship was lovely and full of friendly Aussies just enjoying themselves. We are such a laid back lot :D

Agreed. We would have liked it better to have an overnight in Port Vila. Sunday in Noumea the tourist places were open (we managed to catch the tail end of the morning markets and then head to Lemon Bay but the weather was terrible) and all the retail shops were shut, then Monday the reverse (we walked through town in the morning admiring the pearls then decided to use up our converted Francs with a trip to Duck Island for the afternoon). We loved our first cruise, just a shame about the weather.