Indy - FLL and bringing in case of water

js

Hi. Has anyone taken on a case of water in Indy? I use to wrap with clear plastic packing tape and put my luggage tag on top and wondering if they still bring it kn?

Ill be sailing over NYE.

Thank you.

I've seen some that say they have had no problems, and others that say the obvious case of water was refused by the porters. I'd put it in some sort of container, like a duffle.

Thanks. For a few dollars cost of the water and some for the porters, Ill try my luck. If it has been flatly refused I wouldnt try but if some have success, Im going for it.

Thanks and have a great day!

Thanks. For a few dollars cost of the water and some for the porters, Ill try my luck. If it has been flatly refused I wouldnt try but if some have success, Im going for it.

Thanks and have a great day!

Please let us know how it goes.

The only time we've ever had it confiscated was for a NYE sailing, so don't be surprised if they keep it. Most ships are giving Crown and Anchor members 4 bottles each in your cabin, so that has been fine for us. We are not schlepping the water around any more.

Thank you both. I am Emerald and a cruise away from Diamond but I only drink water and alcohol lol and four bottles wont work. Ill have a ds-17, dd-22 and her friend 22 and they all drink so much water. I am on a NYE sailing but going to try it. With the exception of my ds-17, we all will have the Ultimate or premium package. Are the bottles of water included? Maybe I can just stock up and hoard all day but it would be easier to just bring on.

Thanks.

Edited by js

Thank you both. I am Emerald and a cruise away from Diamond but I only drink water and alcohol lol and four bottles wont work. Ill have a ds-17, dd-22 and her friend 22 and they all drink so much water. I am on a NYE sailing but going to try it. With the exception of my ds-17, we all will have the Ultimate or premium package. Are the bottles of water included? Maybe I can just stock up and hoard all day but it would be easier to just bring on.

Thanks.

Water is included in the alcohol packages.

Thanks.

Bottles of still water are included in the Replenish, Premium, and Ultimate packages, but not in the Select package.

Bottles of still water are included in the Replenish, Premium, and Ultimate packages, but not in the Select package.

Thank you. I dont think the "kids" will try to het and save the bottles so that would just make it my dh and I doing so for the trip. Im not sure what I will do yet but at least now I know I have an option.

Hi. Has anyone taken on a case of water in Indy? I use to wrap with clear plastic packing tape and put my luggage tag on top and wondering if they still bring it kn?

Ill be sailing over NYE.

Thank you.

Took a full case of water on board last week with its own luggage tag taped to the top and it was delivered to our room with no issues.

Any reason why you won't drink tap water? Never understood why people bother bringing water on board. Iced water is available all over the ship. You can also use a sports bottle as long as you use a glass to refill and don't put the bottle directly to the sprocket.

Drinking ship's water makes my wife's ankles swell.

Drinking ship's water makes my wife's ankles swell.

Well that is worrisome. I always thought the ship had it's own water purification system and basically made the water as pure as possible. If your wife's ankles swell when she drinks the ship water, maybe they are not removing all the salt? :eek:

Well that is worrisome. I always thought the ship had it's own water purification system and basically made the water as pure as possible. If your wife's ankles swell when she drinks the ship water, maybe they are not removing all the salt? :eek:

I don't know what the problem is, but it was really bad on Monarch. I wonder if the older ships have a less effective desalination process.

Edited by clarea

Took a full case of water on board last week with its own luggage tag taped to the top and it was delivered to our room with no issues.

Thanks. Just took home clear packing tape to brong wihh me and will put a luggage tag on a white piece of paper and tape on top of case like I have done in the past. Thank you!

Most ships are giving Crown and Anchor members 4 bottles each in your cabin' date=' so that has been fine for us. We are not schlepping the water around any more.[/size']

Is this a new policy? I have never had them give us 4 bottles of water. If fact most times they only give us 1 beverage between DH and I for Diamond. I have to ask for the second beverage.

Is this a new policy? I have never had them give us 4 bottles of water. If fact most times they only give us 1 beverage between DH and I for Diamond. I have to ask for the second beverage.

Relatively new. I've been seeing the bottles of water for a several months now.

Edited by clarea

The easiest bottled-water experience we had was on Independence of the Seas in February 2013. Put a tag on the case and it magically showed up in our stateroom.

Jewel of the Seas in Tampa allowed it, but we had to carry it on ourselves, and Navigator of the Seas in Galveston let us check it, but we had to pick it up the next day at Guest Services.

I don't know what the problem is, but it was really bad on Monarch. I wonder if the older ships have a less effective desalination process.

Desalination on the ships is done through distillation, which is sort of an all-or-nothing approach. The end result is distilled water, which is as pure as you can get. They do add back some minerals like calcium carbonate and magnesium bicarbonate to the distilled water in order to improve taste and reduce acidity, but if you read the label on your bottled water, the bottling companies do the exact same thing. If the ship water has too much sodium, it either means that who or whatever is adding the minerals is adding salt and has serious measuring problems or there is contamination coming from somewhere else. The fact that it started from seawater is a red herring.

However, the water is chlorinated (just like your municipal water supply) to prevent bacteria from growing in the pipes, and too much chlorine can also lead to water retention (I remember reading a story posted on here about people getting sick from the ship's water because a filter was clogged and as a result too much chlorine was being added). However, if you get water in the bars or restaurants, they most likely use a carbon filter to remove the chlorine before serving it.

I have a small water quality meter that I'll bring on Brilliance this Sunday to get some actual numbers.

Desalination on the ships is done through distillation, which is sort of an all-or-nothing approach. ...

I believe some ships also use reverse osmosis. I've been told that the membrane in use might be able to pass some sodium. I believe that the ship might prefer the RO method because it takes less power than distillation.

Edited by clarea

The water is fine onboard all of the RCL ships; none of them have "salt" in the water. Swelling ankles onboard is attributed to whatever is being eaten onboard or, it's something else. The onboard water is fine and does not cause swollen ankles.

No need to drag water onboard. There's plenty of it; it's pure, it's good.