Who to call to open Balcony Partitions.

canuckinindia

If you are on an S class ship just ask your cabin attendant when you board. On M class it depends on what class you are in, the A1's on deck 11 open, other dividers as a rule do not. We were in a CS on Summit and it looked like the dividers between the 2 CS's would open.

Which department at Celebrity can I call (or can I do it online) before we board our cruise to arrange for Balcony partisians to be removed.

Sent from my Lenovo A7000-a using Tapatalk

Just ask your room steward when he/she first introduces himself/herself. They will confirm if it is possible on your particular sailing.

A1 on Silhouette, confirmed they are openable just wanted to prearrange since we have a whole sequence of rooms we wanted to open (8 rooms). So wanted to try to prenotify.

To be honest is is likely that it will not be done in advance, because of poor information flow.

As others have recommended, I would also suggest you wait until you get onboard. The cabin steward can do it in a minute.

A1 on Silhouette, confirmed they are openable just wanted to prearrange since we have a whole sequence of rooms we wanted to open (8 rooms). So wanted to try to prenotify.

Just ask the cabin steward(s) when you board. They may very well have to be sure each of your party are happy to have their divider open.

Phil

I had the partition opened by asking the cabin steward on S-class ships.

However 8 rooms is a lot. What I would be worried about is if this string of rooms crosses a fire break. If it does, then the partition between the two rooms bordering the fire break cannot be opened. A fire break would have a big heavy door out in the hallway that usually remains open unless the crew is doing a drill in that section.

I hope it works out for you- 8 cabins seems like a fun time!

On our Silhouette cruise back in May/June we mentioned to our cabin steward that my cousin was next door and he offered to open the balcony. We in a 1A on the slant so we really had a huge balcony, it was great. Trying before hand is going to do little but frustrate you because as someone else pointed out, the information does not really flow well out of Miami to the staff and crew on the ship of little things.